In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 3rd, 2019 at 2:47:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
That last part sounds unconstitutional. To punish someone without trial? Without even a charge?

DUI has become a racket.

The argument is that driving is a privilege and not a right so the DMV can revoke your license for any reason they choose.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 3rd, 2019 at 2:53:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
The argument is that driving is a privilege and not a right so the DMV can revoke your license for any reason they choose.

But that would be a faulty argument as they are revoking the privilege without due process. DUI is a racket, don't doubt me there.
The President is a fink.
November 3rd, 2019 at 2:54:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
In Michigan, it's mostly like EvenBob says.

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_8665_9070-21485--,00.html

https://www.michigandriverslicenselawyer.com/implied-consent-and-breathalyzer-refusal-suspensions.html

By driving on Michigan's roads, your consent to an alcohol test is implied. If you refuse, at your request you can have an implied consent hearing.

http://www.michigan-drunk-driving.com/chemical-test-refusals-implied-consent

Also, it isn't refusing the roadside test that gets your license suspended, (that's a civil infraction, < $200 fine) but rather the subsequent refusal after you have been arrested. You can be arrested with our without having taken a roadside breathalyzer test.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 4th, 2019 at 2:07:00 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
But that would be a faulty argument as they are revoking the privilege without due process. DUI is a racket, don't doubt me there.

They are given due process. License suspension is not immediate. The officer is required to inform them, refusal to take the breathalyzer test can result in suspension of their license. That is determined at a hearing. In NYS, for example, they receive a refusal hearing within ten days of the arrest to determine whether they intelligently and persistently refused to take the test.

No doubt your state also requires a hearing.

More than 10,000 people die every year in the US due to alcohol impaired driving crashes.
November 4th, 2019 at 3:20:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko

More than 10,000 people die every year in the US due to alcohol impaired driving crashes.

Which does not mean DUI is not its own industrial complex and is not enough reason to throw away the Constitution.
The President is a fink.
November 4th, 2019 at 10:11:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
That last part sounds unconstitutional. To punish someone without trial? Without even a charge?

Cops on Live PD tell it to people
all the time. Refuse the test, give
up your license for a year.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2019 at 10:17:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
But that would be a faulty argument as they are revoking the privilege without due process.

You agree to a ton of stuff when
you get a drivers license. Most
of which people aren't even aware
of. I love when they squeal like
9 year old girls about what the
cops can't do after they're pulled
over. I really like the bystanders
who insert themselves in a cops
face with their two cents worth
and end up in jail. "I know my
rights!" lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 5th, 2019 at 8:33:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Microsoft introduced a program this summer in Japan called the "Work Life Choice Challenge," which shut down its offices every Friday in August and gave all employees an extra day off each week.
The results were promising: While the amount of time spent at work was cut dramatically, productivity — measured by sales per employee — went up by almost 40% compared to the same period the previous year, the company said in a statement last week.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 5th, 2019 at 10:46:26 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
The loonies on the left are in meltdown because Sean Spicer has survived another week on ‘Dancing With the Stars”.

‘DWTS’ Viewer Meltdown: How Can Dems Win in 2020 ‘If We Can’t Even’ Vote Off Sean Spicer

Quote:
Viewers of Dancing with the Stars experienced a mass meltdown Monday night after former White House press secretary Sean Spicer lived to dance another week, forcing some to even question how Democrats will win in 2020 “if we can’t even get Sean Spicer off” the show.

The results indicate that, once again, conservative supporters are carrying Spicer through in an effort to send a message to leftists and Hollywood elites who insist on “canceling” conservatives out.

It seems that Sean Spicer's continued appearance on the show has become a battle between the left and conservative supporters of Sean Spicer.

I guess it shows what happens when the ability of a person to vote more than once is not limited to the left. LOL
Let's go Brandon
November 6th, 2019 at 12:20:56 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: fleaswatter
I guess it shows what happens when the ability of a person to vote more than once is not limited to the left. LOL
🤣🤣🤣🤣