In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 13th, 2019 at 7:56:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

Seems like she has made up her mind before seeing evidence presented from both sides. At least other Dems lie and say they are waiting for all the evidence and witnesses. Not this one.
By the way, it was a fundraising ad for her re election.

Calling this ad devastating is an overreach even by pathetic liberal standards. It’s one lady’s opinion, with no facts presented backing it up. Standard Democrat technique.
November 13th, 2019 at 8:17:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

Seems like she has made up her mind before seeing evidence presented from both sides. At least other Dems lie and say they are waiting for all the evidence and witnesses. Not this one.

Calling this ad devastating is an overreach even by pathetic liberal standards. It’s one lady’s opinion, with no facts presented backing it up. Standard Democrat technique.

I read the transcript of the call
She read the transcript of the call
Plenty of evidence to impeach from that one call
The evidence for impeachment is plain as day.
The difference is that you choose to ignore the evidence.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 13th, 2019 at 8:57:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I really like Senator Tammy Duckworth
Really sad that US Vets are being deported.
Its wrong and immoral

Illinois Sen. Tammy Duckworth Honors Deported Veterans In Mexico
https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/11/12/778530443/illinois-sen-tammy-duckworth-honors-deported-veterans-in-mexico?fbclid=IwAR1MgK0VXeeKpIKx3yyvKT5dx9S0xuP8d7WOHtUCmeWJZxXe4vRE2amoHAo
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 13th, 2019 at 12:10:32 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Calling this ad devastating is an overreach even by pathetic liberal standards.

Yep, they sure are pathetic lol 😂😂
November 13th, 2019 at 12:26:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO

I read the transcript of the call
She read the transcript of the call
Plenty of evidence to impeach from that one call
The evidence for impeachment is plain as day.
The difference is that you choose to ignore the evidence.

As is often the case, we will have to agree to disagree. The POTUS was aware of sinister activity, affecting US interests, and wanted to strong arm a foreign government to unearth the EVIDENCE!
He NEVER said FABRICATE evidence. He wanted it FOUND OUT!!! So good for the Dems to impeach him in this. . So the 20 minute trial in the Senate ends in his acquittal. As you've said, Ed, elections have consequences. The Dems can impeach on anything they want. But the Repubs can just swat it down.
November 13th, 2019 at 12:43:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The POTUS was aware of sinister activity, affecting US interests, and wanted to strong arm a foreign government to unearth the EVIDENCE!
He NEVER said FABRICATE evidence. He wanted it FOUND OUT!!! So good for the Dems to impeach him in this. . So the 20 minute trial in the Senate ends in his acquittal. As you've said, Ed, elections have consequences. The Dems can impeach on anything they want. But the Repubs can just swat it down.

Even if the Senate decides not to convict , I hope foreign countries are now aware they can deliver up the goods on Trump shenanigans like sending Trump’s lawyer as backdoor clown of the state department. Trump is not learning anything, so I expect his behavior to be the same.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 13th, 2019 at 1:12:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, if it was just strong-arming another government to expose and investigate corruption, there probably wouldn't be much made of it.

In this case, though, they were directed to go after specifically one person, who happens to be a political rival.

Someone then decided that, hey, this doesn't look very good, and tried to keep it secret.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 13th, 2019 at 1:27:01 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Dalex64
Well, if it was just strong-arming another government to expose and investigate corruption, there probably wouldn't be much made of it.

In this case, though, they were directed to go after specifically one person, who happens to be a political rival.

Someone then decided that, hey, this doesn't look very good, and tried to keep it secret.

And I AGREE with you that it was not proper. And as is often with DJT, the wrong way to go about things. But I don't want him impeached over this. As stated, let the American people decide if he is fit to stay in office, not a bunch of political hacks with their own personal agendas. It's one year away.

I do not consider what he did a real danger to the country. No 'high crime or misdemeanor'. Sleazy, perhaps. Frankly, not as sleazy as calling an officer a Russian puppet. If HRC was President I wouldn't want her impeached over it....
November 13th, 2019 at 1:35:15 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
As for having the American people decide, that's why I am more in favor of the impeachment proceeding than against it.

Even if there is no chance that it results in a conviction in the senate (and I consider the odds of that to be very low), the process is informing the American public about this particular improper action, and possibly will expose more improper actions. That won't change any republican minds, or democrat minds, but there are whole lot of people on the fence that it might sway.

I read somewhere that one way to change the seemingly inevitable outcome in the senate would be to have the vote by secret ballot. Maybe they could have the results sealed for 50 years. Wouldn't that be more fair? It would allow people from both parties to break from their party line with no fear of reprisals.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 13th, 2019 at 1:38:49 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Dalex64
As for having the American people decide, that's why I am more in favor of the impeachment proceeding than against it.

Even if there is no chance that it results in a conviction in the senate (and I consider the odds of that to be very low), the process is informing the American public about this particular improper action, and possibly will expose more improper actions. That won't change any republican minds, or democrat minds, but there are whole lot of people on the fence that it might sway.

Bingo. It's amazing to me to see conservatives, even conservatives that supposedly don't like Trump, yearning for people to NOT do their job.