In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 13th, 2019 at 1:45:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
And I AGREE with you that it was not proper. And as is often with DJT, the wrong way to go about things. But I don't want him impeached over this. As stated, let the American people decide if he is fit to stay in office, not a bunch of political hacks with their own personal agendas. It's one year away.

I do not consider what he did a real danger to the country. No 'high crime or misdemeanor'. Sleazy, perhaps. Frankly, not as sleazy as calling an officer a Russian puppet. If HRC was President I wouldn't want her impeached over it....

Why should I care if it’s February 2020 to impeach him? If I think he deserves it and I already think he earned it from the Mueller Report obstruction.

Impeachment is also part of our Constitution.

Meant 2021 Edit
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 13th, 2019 at 2:34:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
the process is informing the American public about this particular improper action

What action, I saw no crime talked
about today. When is that coming
up?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2019 at 2:57:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
What action, I saw no crime talked
about today. When is that coming
up?

Quote:
The Founders made clear that an impeachable or convictable offense need not be a crime. Hamilton said it applied to 'the misconduct of public men.'
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 13th, 2019 at 3:34:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine

.offense need not be a crime

And that's why we've had so many
impeached presidents. Oh, wait.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2019 at 3:48:58 PM permalink
rxwine
And that's why we've had so many
impeached presidents. Oh, wait.

No need to impeach most Presidents. Trump is a knucklehead to even be in this situation. And so was Nixon and Clinton. Clinton got into a tricky situation, but I don't give him any credit for not thinking through the possible repercussions he was risking before he ended up committing perjury.
November 13th, 2019 at 4:03:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
No need to impeach most Presidents. .

No need to impeach this one. This
is the most ridiculous political
stunt in my lifetime. The Dems
are making complete fools of
themselves, all because Hillary
lost.
November 13th, 2019 at 5:07:11 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

In your reply to EB, you quoted the following:

"The Founders made clear that an impeachable or convictable offense need not be a crime. Hamilton said it applied to 'the misconduct of public men.'

In addition to what you quoted from Hamilton, Hamilton also said the following about impeachment later in the same paragraph:

(emphasis is mine)

Quote:
In many cases it will connect itself with the pre-existing factions, and will enlist all their animosities, partialities, influence, and interest on one side or on the other; and in such cases there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt.

What is happening today is the "danger" Hamilton was concerned about.
Let's go Brandon
November 13th, 2019 at 5:23:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: fleaswatter
In your reply to EB, you quoted the following:

"The Founders made clear that an impeachable or convictable offense need not be a crime. Hamilton said it applied to 'the misconduct of public men.'

In addition to what you quoted from Hamilton, Hamilton also said the following about impeachment later in the same paragraph:

(emphasis is mine)

Quote:
In many cases it will connect itself with the pre-existing factions, and will enlist all their animosities, partialities, influence, and interest on one side or on the other; and in such cases there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt.

What is happening today is the "danger" Hamilton was concerned about.

You can use that argument to indict the Republicans, not just the Democrats. Because the Republicans have the strength in the Senate to let the President off the hook.
November 13th, 2019 at 5:24:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Congressional Misconduct Database

https://www.govtrack.us/misconduct

"voting is the definition of insanity"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 13th, 2019 at 5:24:51 PM permalink
rxwine
No need to impeach this one. This
is the most ridiculous political
stunt in my lifetime. The Dems
are making complete fools of
themselves, all because Hillary
lost.

You're the biggest HIllary promoter on the board, bar none.