In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 20th, 2019 at 11:43:08 AM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: fleaswatter

I guess he is afraid that the videos will not support his narrative and talking points.

If it makes you feel any better, I do think you made a point. I went searching for context and it appears Ms Brewer is known as an "animated speaker", ie one who uses a lot of body language. In addition, it appears it was a conversation about her book, as opposed to her excoriating the president. I would say, looking back to 2012, it appears folks were taking umbrage for the sake of it. That's your point, right? That the media blew it up unfairly? Given what I found, I agree with you here.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 20th, 2019 at 12:06:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 139
Quote: kenarman
Maybe you can provide the definition of rude. Obviously you feel 6' is not rude. Does rude start at 5', 4', 3', 2', 18". I would like to know so that the next time I finger wag I make sure I am not rude. Maybe I am missing the point of your post and rude is dependent on the finger wagger and the recipient of the wag? Anxiously awaiting your reply.

Easy. Go look at the photo. It’s close enough for Obama to smell where it’s been.
Trump Doctrine-Abandon loyal ally and make pathetic excuses why they weren't worthy
October 20th, 2019 at 4:09:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 11
Quote: rxwine
Easy. Go look at the photo. It’s close enough for Obama to smell where it’s been.

You shouldn't assume that everyone puts their finger in the same place you do.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 20th, 2019 at 11:52:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 139
Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - Russian hackers piggy-backed on an Iranian cyber-espionage operation to attack government and industry organizations in dozens of countries while masquerading as attackers from the Islamic Republic, British and U.S. officials said on Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hacking-the-hackers-russian-group-hijacked-iranian-spying-operation-officials-say/ar-AAJ69oF?ocid=spartanntp
Trump Doctrine-Abandon loyal ally and make pathetic excuses why they weren't worthy
October 21st, 2019 at 1:01:58 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
A headline today:

"CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi's assassination"

Seems relevant since it is sounding more and more likely that US forces will be involved in Saudi Arabia.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 21st, 2019 at 2:29:17 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 1
Quote: Dalex64
A headline today:

Seems relevant since it is sounding more and more likely that US forces will be involved in Saudi Arabia.

I'm confused. Headline today??? about the CIA's conclusion??? Old news

How about the headline from November 16, 2018:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cia-concludes-saudi-crown-prince-ordered-jamal-khashoggis-assassination/2018/11/16/98c89fe6-e9b2-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html
October 21st, 2019 at 2:44:05 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 5
Quote: fleaswatter

I think this has been an open secret for a while.

Everyone knows what went down.
October 21st, 2019 at 2:56:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 47
Quote: Dalex64
A headline today:

Pretty much common knowledge
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 21st, 2019 at 6:33:50 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Hmm, right you are. I don't know why that showed up on my news feed with a pub date of when I posted.
It isn't there now.

So how about this one... And Saudi Arabia is going to pay for it:

“You read where we’re sending some troops to Saudi Arabia. That’s true. Because we want to help Saudi Arabia. They have been a very good ally. They’ve agreed to pay for the cost of those troops. They’ve agreed to pay fully for the cost of everything we’re doing over there. . . . Saudi Arabia is paying for 100 percent of the cost, including the cost of our soldiers. And that negotiation took a very short time — like, maybe, about 35 seconds.” -Trump

Maybe that is why the old article trickled up. There is a link in one of the articles with that quote to the 2018 "cia concludes" article.

Not our border, not sending the troops home, not all that great guys over there. And what I am sure is seen by many as a punchline - Saudi Arabia is going to pay for it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 22nd, 2019 at 9:38:53 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
The United States military is now for sale!

MAGA