In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 11th, 2019 at 8:16:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Everyone knows Trump threw the Kurds under the bus. That's how he treats people he doesn't need any longer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 11th, 2019 at 8:34:28 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Everyone knows Trump threw the Kurds under the bus. That's how he treats people he doesn't need any longer.

Oh please.

So what do your propose? A war with Turkey?

Since when do you care about siding with Evangelicals?

Trump is actually making a relatively logical decision here and is not bowing to emotional political pressure or vested war interests....
October 11th, 2019 at 8:45:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Americans should never have been there. Trump ran his campaign on us getting out of stupid wars.

Assad offered the Kurds amnesty for two years, the Kurds expect America to sacrifice blood and treasure to carve out a Kurdish country. These Kurds, a derivative of the PKK, has been on our terror watch list for a long time, and were paid a lot of money for fighting against ISIS. These Kurds are Syrian, they need to try and get along with the rest of their country.

Erdogan has good reason to not want them on his border setting up bases.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 11th, 2019 at 9:05:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
Oh please.

So what do your propose? A war with Turkey?

Since when do you care about siding with Evangelicals?

Trump is actually making a relatively logical decision here and is not bowing to emotional political pressure or vested war interests....

When people have assisted you, you do your best to leave them in the best position possible. Trump didn't even try from what I can see.

They fought with us for 5 years.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 11th, 2019 at 9:08:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Americans should never have been there. .

Two wrongs don't make a right either.
October 11th, 2019 at 9:13:39 PM permalink
rxwine
I didn't realized I had people around me here who would work with you and then stab you in the back at the end of it and think nothing of it.

Yeah, I know the Kurds have their own interests. Heck so, do all countries who work with us.
October 11th, 2019 at 9:14:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
When people have assisted you, you do your best to leave them in the best position possible. Trump didn't even try from what I can see.

When you lead the most powerful country on earth you have to make many difficult decisions.

I may personally be sympathetic to the Kurds (I am), but when you have to choose between destroying relations with Turkey and starting a massive war, or leaving a group to fend for themselves, it is logically an easy choice.

A war with Turkey would be devastating.... I despise Turkey for what it is worth, but putting emotions aside, this is an easy choice. Sometimes geo-politics must Trump values.
October 12th, 2019 at 5:04:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Oh, please. The Kurds only sided with the USA because the USA was the enemy of their enemy. Turkey while not perfect is a NATO ally.

Funny how when Trump wants to get us out of a silly war the "NO BLOOD FOR OIL" crowd all of the sudden become war hawks.
The President is a fink.
October 12th, 2019 at 11:59:16 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Oh, please. The Kurds only sided with the USA

This is how much I don't watch
the news. I have no idea what
a 'Kurd' is and couldn't care less.
I could look it up, watch while
I don't..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:15:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
This is how much I don't watch
the news. I have no idea what
a 'Kurd' is and couldn't care less.
I could look it up, watch while
I don't..

Stateless ethnic group in Middle East over Syria, Turkey, and Iraq. Saddam gassed them once.
The President is a fink.