In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 15th, 2019 at 1:13:55 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph

I spent a lot of time in "bars back in the day", and I see now why everyone recommended that politics were best left outside.
At least in a bar the combattants can buy each other drinks, but on a forum . . . . .
October 15th, 2019 at 3:54:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
ABC apologizes for mistaking Kentucky gun range video for Turkish bombing of Syria

More fake news. OTOH, the gun range will get many new members!
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2019 at 11:06:32 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I watched 15 seconds of the video
before I totally lost interest. I find
crap like this to be on about a
6th grade level, Mad Magazine
level 'humor'.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 15th, 2019 at 1:24:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Here's something nobody is talking
about. Trump did the rally in LA last
week the day before a special election
for governor and a bunch of seats
in gov't. There was a record voter
turnout and Dems lost squarely
across the board. Because Trump
went there. You don't hear the
media mentioning that 'poll',
do you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 15th, 2019 at 1:38:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Here's something nobody is talking
about. Trump did the rally in LA last
week the day before a special election
for governor and a bunch of seats
in gov't. There was a record voter
turnout and Dems lost squarely
across the board. Because Trump
went there. You don't hear the
media mentioning that 'poll',
do you.

Dems lost in Louisiana? Dear god. How could this ever happen? We’re screwed!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 15th, 2019 at 3:23:10 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I guess when Trump is gone they will go back to being solidly democrat.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 15th, 2019 at 4:36:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
AutoNation, America’s largest car retailer, has sold customers used vehicles with unrepaired defects, according to a new report from the US PIRG Education Fund and the Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety Foundation.

The report, which surveyed 2,429 vehicles, was conducted across 12 states at 28 different dealerships in July and August 2019. Out of those vehicles, researchers found 285 unrepaired safety recalls and determined that one out of nine used AutoNation cars contained defects, which ranged from faulty ignition switches to malfunctioning airbags.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/americas-largest-auto-retailer-sells-customers-defective-used-cars-report-says/ar-AAIOrky?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 15th, 2019 at 4:58:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/americas-largest-auto-retailer-sells-customers-defective-used-cars-report-says/ar-AAIOrky?ocid=spartanntp

When buying a used car
Take it to a trusted mechanic or you are taking a real good risk of getting ripped off
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 15th, 2019 at 7:29:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
When buying a used car
Take it to a trusted mechanic or you are taking a real good risk of getting ripped off

Well, I know there's been a whole market for trying to sell off cars which were literally underwater. Wouldn't be surprised to see late model cars shipped in from the Bahamas.

edit "underwater" Now my side hurts from laughing at seeing "underwear"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 16th, 2019 at 4:45:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

When you sell that many vehicles, some will be bad no matter how hard you try not to do so. The open recall thing is no big deal. I bought my car off a used lot, drove 1,000 miles home, then after some sleep took it to the dealer and asked them to run the VIN for open recalls. I think it had one, some kind of software thing. I had it checked out both because I was buying out of state and it had 2 carfax accident hits. Neither serious. I saved thousands.
The President is a fink.