Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

February 23rd, 2020 at 3:47:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
In some countries in Africa, locusts have increased up to 400 percent, swarms as big as cities,

Wow, that never happened before.
Wait, it's in the Bible as happening
many times? Never mind..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2020 at 3:51:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Wow, that never happened before.
Wait, it's in the Bible as happening
many times? Never mind..

When you accept a data set of 150 years to predict climate on a planet your timeline for locusts is like a week ago Tuesday.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2020 at 3:57:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And the OT in the Bible only
has about 1000 years of history
in it. They recorded many
locust swarms, god knows how
many in the thousands of
centuries before that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2020 at 4:00:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
And the OT in the Bible only
has about 1000 years of history
in it. They recorded many
locust swarms, god knows how
many in the thousands of
centuries before that.

I remember reading about large swarms that plagued the American Frontier in the 1800s. If you believe in science you know locust swarms are a historical thing.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2020 at 4:25:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
I'm not the one begging for my freedoms and money to be taken away because a guy who lives in a mansion, flies by private jet, and travels in SUV motorcades told me to do so. Thus nope.

And Ralph Nader walked the walk, but did that make you a big fan of all the regulation. Nope, it's just BS by someone who doesn't plan to do anything different no matter if other people are walking the walk.

Besides, I only believe in voluntarism when it works by itself to achieve the required task. Similar to not needing a draft as long as we have enough volunteers.
Even Al Gore will have to comply with law if we don't have enough volunteerism.

Quote:
You are the believer. Do you practice what you believe? Men with guns will not take you away if you start practicing what you believe in re global warming.

How did you foolishly believe you were going to win the challenge anyway. I wash most of my clothes in cold water. I travel to places by bicycle rather than car if I can do the distance. I planted a tree last year (though it got knocked over and is gone) I've switched to energy efficient bulbs. I don't run power at all if I can keep my windows open, and on and on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2020 at 4:33:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Besides, I only believe in voluntarism when it works by itself to achieve the required task. Similar to not needing a draft as long as we have enough volunteers.
Even Al Gore will have to comply with law if we don't have enough volunteerism.

You sound like Frank Burns when he said people volunteer better by force.

Algore comply with the law? Please, that will never happen. He will find a loophole to keep living his lavish lifestyle, just like all the GW prophets.

Quote:
How did you foolishly believe you were going to win the challenge anyway. I wash most of my clothes in cold water. I travel to places by bicycle rather than car if I can do the distance. I planted a tree last year (though it got knocked over and is gone) I've switched to energy efficient bulbs. I don't run power at all if I can keep my windows open, and on and on.

I knew I wouldn't. Because GW believers never stand behind what they preach.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2020 at 5:59:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
So everything is evidence of climate change? You'd make a good journalist.

Instead of reading or watching popular source information not even necessarily written by scientists, why don't you go to http://www.realclimate.org/ and argue what is actually being claimed by climate scientists.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2020 at 6:54:14 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Duffman and Eb call climate change weather.

Either way, it is weather related. Tell me at which point a series of events would convince you of the effects of climate change?
I've reached the point of just knowing ahead of the fact that any and all unusual weather as well as this will be claimed by journalists to be caused by climate change, even winter storms sometimes. Or when it doesn't look like something backing up global warming theory, you hear the *same* song you are complaining about: "oh, this time it's just weather"

Anecdotal molehills made into a mountains. Alarmism. Why join in?

Perhaps data will continue to show increasing global warming, I wouldn't bet against it. Whether anything effective will be done about it remains to be seen. This nonsense about going to a livestock-free society just makes me thing nobody is even serious about it, a lot of green-washing is all.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 23rd, 2020 at 7:11:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
This nonsense about going to a livestock-free society just makes me thing nobody is even serious about it, a lot of green-washing is all.

You sure do worry about meat availability. Someone needs to get you a subscription to Omaha Steaks so you don't have a panic attack. : )
February 24th, 2020 at 3:17:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
You sure do worry about meat availability. Someone needs to get you a subscription to Omaha Steaks so you don't have a panic attack. : )
LOL

It's my wife who has the most trouble cutting back on the meat, but maybe that's a shared interest and one reason we got married. Actually I'm game for eating less meat, do advocate at least having some meatless meals during the week, but it's for health benefits, not for virtue signaling.

So let's say I go along with every screwy idea eventually and give up beef, but to give up all meat will be next, then I'll have to take a gun and kill my evil climate-harming pets who want meat ... probably need to start shooting hobos too, to reduce the overpopulation. But by god I'll shine my medal I get showing how hip and virtuous I am!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]