Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

February 3rd, 2020 at 4:19:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Well perhaps we all are groaning that this latest Weather Channel adventure with the climate-change debate has gotten to be about politics, but I really have to say the Weather Channel started it! The whole purpose of that episode was to advance a political agenda. It actually had little to say about climate change that wasn't an instant "oh, really?"

I suppose the bits about more future flooding made some debatable sense, although I think the real theory is that some areas will get more rain, some areas will get less.

Purely an agenda to get certain candidates a chance to yak away, free.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 10th, 2020 at 4:23:27 PM permalink
odiousgambit
I knew this was coming, the meat thing you know:

https://amgreatness.com/2020/02/10/swedish-prof-fight-climate-change-with-pet-goats-not-cats-and-dogs/
February 23rd, 2020 at 12:58:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In some countries in Africa, locusts have increased up to 400 percent, swarms as big as cities, and consuming entire farm production in just a few hours.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2020 at 1:23:35 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
In some countries in Africa, locusts have increased up to 400 percent, swarms as big as cities, and consuming entire farm production in just a few hours.
So everything is evidence of climate change? You'd make a good journalist.
February 23rd, 2020 at 1:45:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
So everything is evidence of climate change? You'd make a good journalist.

Duffman and Eb call climate change weather.

Either way, it is weather related. Tell me at which point a series of events would convince you of the effects of climate change?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2020 at 2:02:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Duffman and Eb call climate change weather.

Either way, it is weather related. Tell me at which point a series of events would convince you of the effects of climate change?

When we have 10000 years of reliable measurement maybe we can talk. Otherwise it is weather and normal.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2020 at 2:27:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
When we have 10000 years of reliable measurement maybe we can talk. Otherwise it is weather and normal.

That's probably why we haven't found evidence of intelligent life as yet. They died out because they listened to someone like you saying it was too early to try looking for evidence of any dangers or concerns based on what we know so far.
February 23rd, 2020 at 2:32:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
That's probably why we haven't found evidence of intelligent life as yet. They died out because they listened to someone like you saying it was too early to try looking for evidence of any dangers or concerns based on what we know so far.

Intelligent life knows that on a 4.5 billion year old planet you need a loooooong data series to show a trend. 150 years is nothing.

We are still waiting to hear what individual efforts you have made to stop the GW you believe is happening BTW.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2020 at 3:08:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Intelligent life knows that on a 4.5 billion year old planet you need a loooooong data series to show a trend. 150 years is nothing.

We are still waiting to hear what individual efforts you have made to stop the GW you believe is happening BTW.

Don't just offer a challenge and expect no challenge in return.

Put "Al Gore is right about man-made climate change." and nothing else in your signature here for the next 6 months so it will show up in every post and I will make my list. If I can't, you don't have to change anything.
February 23rd, 2020 at 3:40:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Don't just offer a challenge and expect no challenge in return.

Put "Al Gore is right about man-made climate change." and nothing else in your signature here for the next 6 months so it will show up in every post and I will make my list. If I can't, you don't have to change anything.

I'm not the one begging for my freedoms and money to be taken away because a guy who lives in a mansion, flies by private jet, and travels in SUV motorcades told me to do so. Thus nope.

You are the believer. Do you practice what you believe? Men with guns will not take you away if you start practicing what you believe in re global warming.
The President is a fink.