Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

May 22nd, 2019 at 4:53:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If science was able to provide data that burning fossil fuels was good for the environment, I would accept that data if it were just as convincing as the issue is the other way currently.

Some people seem unable to do anything but see their political views. They've got a problem. Not my problem.

Actually yes, your problem. If you believed in science you would question global warming. At the least you would ask why the models have all been wrong so far.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2019 at 5:27:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Actually yes, your problem. If you believed in science you would question global warming. At the least you would ask why the models have all been wrong so far.

I question some more speculative or inconclusive evidence in all the sciences I know enough about to have an opinion.
There’s plenty of speculation and theories in cosmology, but plenty of evidence also.

Models are predictive, but plenty of evidence actually exists for human caused warming,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2019 at 5:35:55 AM permalink
rxwine
There’s an article on Scientific American right now that shows Exxon knew about climate change 40 years ago.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2019 at 5:39:37 AM permalink
rxwine
...more importantly it also shows Exxon spent millions to promote misinformation.
May 22nd, 2019 at 5:45:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
...more importantly it also shows Exxon spent millions to promote misinformation.

So have Algore and other promoters.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2019 at 5:46:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I question some more speculative or inconclusive evidence in all the sciences I know enough about to have an opinion.
There’s plenty of speculation and theories in cosmology, but plenty of evidence also.

Models are predictive, but plenty of evidence actually exists for human caused warming,

Except for the actual warming. We do not have a long enough data set to have valid information. Any scientist who say a 100 year measurement series shows a trend should be ashamed of themselves.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2019 at 6:19:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
So have Algore and other promoters.

Only problem with that comparison is Exxon and Gore had the same basic conclusions and Exxon was saying things different from what they had found out, If you think that’s equivalent, I don’t know what to tell you.
May 22nd, 2019 at 6:28:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Only problem with that comparison is Exxon and Gore had the same basic conclusions and Exxon was saying things different from what they had found out, If you think that’s equivalent, I don’t know what to tell you.

It is not Exxon's business to do research in the public interest. In the last 40 years we have found many reasons to question GW. Exxon was right to not promote it, if that they "knew" is even true. 40 years ago the belief was we were headed to another ice age.

Algore used the false alarm for his own personal gain. Living in a mansion, flying private jets, cruising to rallies in big SUVs, all while the sheep believe what he is peddling.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2019 at 7:46:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I'd be happy to if I could find something recent. You must be able to, since you made the claim. Where did you get your claim from?

I see another study up to 2018. Doesn't help you either. I'm not sure when they start figuring in 2019 data as 2019 isn't over.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/19/9239

Just Google "Greenland Glacier Growing" and look at the date. The March 2019 report is on dozens of sites. You really should stop only going to those sites that have confirmation bias for your beliefs. Open your mind and feel the force Grasshopper for a total mash up of movies. Quick quote of the study from CBC article.

"A major Greenland glacier that was one of the fastest-shrinking ice and snow masses on Earth is growing again, a NASA study has found.

The Jakobshavn glacier around 2012 was retreating about three kilometres and thinning nearly 40 metres annually. But it started growing again at about the same rate in the past two years, according to a study in Monday's Nature Geoscience. Study authors and outside scientists think this is temporary."

Notice that it is growing at the same rate as it was shrinking. The 'Scientists' are now falling all over themselves trying to justify their positions and discount this hard data that doesn't fit their published positions.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 1st, 2019 at 6:14:31 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Climate Change activists threaten a drone attack to close down Heathrow Airport on June 18th unless plans for an additional runway are cancelled.