Original Sin?

December 15th, 2014 at 12:20:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Maybe you could explain how something written so long before Christ fits like a glove .

It's easy to make newer prophesy fit the
older if the older is known. Especially
easy because it was done long after
Jesus died. How else would you make
it credible. You notice most of Jesus own
people didn't fall for it, and they still
don't. Why is that do you think, he supposedly
came to save them specifically.

Jesus–“Go not into the way of the Gentiles” (Matt. 10:5) and “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt. 15:24), and “…for salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2014 at 12:29:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Oh no, are we into a "clothes off" between FrGamble & Evenbob!

(like run off, not actual clothes off)

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2014 at 12:55:08 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed

So where was God during 95% to 97% of human existence?

Umm...God was there at creation so I'm pretty sure he's been with us since the beginning of our existence.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 15th, 2014 at 1:12:16 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Umm...God was there at creation so I'm pretty sure he's been with us since the beginning of our existence.

And how did he manage to avoid being recorded at all for 95% of all human existence? You'd think if the primitive artists thought animals worthy of painting on cave walls, they'd have also made a record of God.

Also, what about the millions of people in the Americas?

I do understand Jesus outsourced his mission to his followers, or they took it up, and such things take time. Even so, it was nearly 1,500 years before his message got there. Given that the means for getting there much earlier were available even before Jesus was born, why wouldn't God, or the son of God, let his followers know they were missing an entire continent?

It would almost seem as though God knew no more than the people who wrote about him did. Hmm...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 15th, 2014 at 2:59:50 PM permalink
Evenbob

It would almost seem as though God knew no more than the people who wrote about him did. Hmm...

Yes, as I'm fond of saying, the god men invent
is only as smart as they are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2014 at 3:35:24 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I'm afraid you have to do more than just cry "reverse engineering" every time a point is made. Maybe you could explain how something written so long before Christ fits like a glove or any of the other many predictions of a Messiah in the Old Testament also fit like a glove. If it fits you must cease and desist your craziness.

Nostradamus predicted Hitler!!! LOL
December 15th, 2014 at 3:41:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
Nostradamus predicted Hitler!!! LOL

And that's been reverse engineered also. He
kinda sorta predicted Hitler, but with clever
embellishment it looks like he for sure did.
December 15th, 2014 at 3:43:16 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
And that's been reverse engineered also. He
kinda sorta predicted Hitler, but with clever
embellishment it looks like he for sure did.

and Jeanne Dixon predicted the Kennedy assassination! LOL
December 15th, 2014 at 5:47:39 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
And how did he manage to avoid being recorded at all for 95% of all human existence? You'd think if the primitive artists thought animals worthy of painting on cave walls, they'd have also made a record of God.

Also, what about the millions of people in the Americas?

I do understand Jesus outsourced his mission to his followers, or they took it up, and such things take time. Even so, it was nearly 1,500 years before his message got there. Given that the means for getting there much earlier were available even before Jesus was born, why wouldn't God, or the son of God, let his followers know they were missing an entire continent?

As soon as we had the time and ability to wonder; we knew about God. As soon as we understood causality; we knew there was a creator much greater and mysterious than us. God has been part of every ancient civilization and still today. The idea of a Divine Entity is a common thread throughout human history, it is a golden thread that try as you will can never be cut. As I've mentioned before everything unravels without God. We have always known there is a God and even now when we debate philosophical issues surrounding God's existence, all of which of course has been argued for centuries, there remains an innate sense there is something more to this world and our life that goes beyond the physical sciences.

It's interesting that in the wake of the Resurrection event the Apostles and disciples spread all over the world. St. Thomas found himself in India for example. Jesus is pretty clear, "baptize all nations" and "their are others that do not belong to this flock and for those too I have come."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 15th, 2014 at 6:04:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
As soon as we had the time and ability to wonder; we knew about God. As soon as we understood causality; we knew there was a creator "

I can't let these stand like they are facts. They
are not. As soon as we had time to wonder,
and contemplate, we realized we had many
questions and no answers. So we invented
gods as the catchall explanation. We thought
we saw a creation, so we invented a creator.

That thing we sense, that there is more to the
world than meets the eye, is simply the innate
realization that us and the universe are all
connected, we are it and it is us. And that it's
been here forever in one form or another and
always will be. It's a very peaceful realization.