Original Sin?

February 28th, 2021 at 3:44:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I don't think the Pope ever said that and your homophobia of thinking that all gay people are always hitting on people is showing.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 28th, 2021 at 4:53:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I don't think the Pope ever said that and your homophobia of thinking that all gay people are always hitting on people is showing.

The pope said it, we talked about
it here. And I have so many
examples of Gays hitting on
straights I can't even list
them all. Just like straight men
are always hitting on attractive
women, Gay men hit on handsome
guys. It's a fact of life. Who do
you think they hit on, lamp posts?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2021 at 8:17:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
More Than 200 Bodies found at Indigenous School in Canada

This is Christianity at its best, forcing their religion on native people who don't want it.

"From the 19th century until the 1970s, more than 150,000 First Nations children were required to attend state-funded Christian (Catholic) schools as part of a program to assimilate them into Canadian society. They were forced to convert to Christianity and not allowed to speak their native languages. Many were beaten and verbally abused, and up to 6,000 are said to have died. ..physical and sexual abuse in the schools was rampant. Many students recall being beaten for speaking their native languages; The Kamloops school operated between 1890 and 1969, when the federal government took over operations from the Catholic Church.

I read the words 'sexual abuse was rampant and they were beaten for speaking their native language', and I thought Gee, what Church's history is full of this total disrespect and abuse of indigenous people. The wonderful, loving, caring Catholic Church, of course. What monsters these people are, running the longest con job in history. Money and greed and power are their real gods, that's what they really worship.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-01/childrens-bodies-kamloops-indian-residential-school-trudeau/100180332#:~:text=a%20distant%20country.%22-,The%20Kamloops%20school%20operated%20between%201890%20and%201969%2C%20when%20the,until%20it%20closed%20in%201978.&text=The%20Commission%20said%20the%20practice,the%20schools%20to%20their%20communities.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2021 at 8:25:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
More Than 200 Bodies found at Indigenous School in Canada

This is Christianity at its best, forcing their religion on native people who don't want it.

"From the 19th century until the 1970s, more than 150,000 First Nations children were required to attend state-funded Christian (Catholic) schools as part of a program to assimilate them into Canadian society. They were forced to convert to Christianity and not allowed to speak their native languages. Many were beaten and verbally abused, and up to 6,000 are said to have died. ..physical and sexual abuse in the schools was rampant. Many students recall being beaten for speaking their native languages; The Kamloops school operated between 1890 and 1969, when the federal government took over operations from the Catholic Church.

I read the words 'sexual abuse was rampant and they were beaten for speaking their native language', and I thought Gee, what Church's history is full of this total disrespect and abuse of indigenous people. The wonderful, loving, caring Catholic Church, of course. What monsters these people are, running the longest con job in history. Money and greed and power are their real gods, that's what they really worship.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-01/childrens-bodies-kamloops-indian-residential-school-trudeau/100180332#:~:text=a%20distant%20country.%22-,The%20Kamloops%20school%20operated%20between%201890%20and%201969%2C%20when%20the,until%20it%20closed%20in%201978.&text=The%20Commission%20said%20the%20practice,the%20schools%20to%20their%20communities.
Can you imagine the fear in those kids? This way there be monsters. And...they are government subsidized.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 31st, 2021 at 9:36:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Monstrous it may have been, but it helped to accomplish the desired goal: conquest and exploitation.
May 31st, 2021 at 9:50:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Can you imagine the fear in those kids? This way there be monsters. .

How it worked in those days, and really up till very recently, if you were in a hotspot and you were a pedophile, you sent out word along the grapevine that this school was the place to be. You could do whatever you wanted and your fellow priests would have your back because they were just like you. And the children could not cause any problems because they had nobody to complain to. They were Native Canadians, they were victims of the state. How many of those two hundred kids whose bodies were found there were victims of foul play at the hands of men who were supposed to be the embodiment of trust and honor. And they did it with the complete blessing of their Church. That's the really insidious side to the story, that even if the Vatican found out they would do nothing. They would still be doing nothing now if the light of day but not exposed their evil corruption. The evil part is, these men, these priests, were very smart, educated, even over-educated men who absolutely knew what they were doing was wrong on every level. That they were destroying lives and they kept doing it anyway. Abusing their position of trust and power, which I'm sure is the reason many of them entered the priesthood to begin with.
May 31st, 2021 at 10:42:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: missedhervee
Monstrous it may have been, but it helped to accomplish the desired goal: conquest and exploitation.
If you want to make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 1st, 2021 at 9:26:21 AM permalink
Evenbob

Where was the conquest between 1890 and 1970? It was pure selfish greedy exploitation of children by sociopath priest pedophiles that continued through the 20th century as we all now know.
June 1st, 2021 at 10:02:09 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
Where was the conquest between 1890 and 1970?

Conquer then exploit.

It's the basis for the evolution of humanity and our history.

Consider the history of enslavement: very common in the past.

We "moderns" now consider such past practices taboo, based on our evolving notions of right and wrong.

But at the time that's just the way things were.
June 1st, 2021 at 11:18:45 AM permalink
Evenbob
based on our evolving notions of right and wrong.
But at the time that's just the way things were.

That's the argument I always use with the priest, that right and wrong are evolving concepts. Of course he thinks they're written in stone. My point about pedophile priests in this case is by 1890 right and wrong had evolved to the point that molesting children was definitely wrong and had been for quite some time. These were simply very bad man who took advantage of an opportunistic situation.