Cooking thread

April 10th, 2019 at 3:03:54 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I'm actually starting to feel bad for you. I wish I were able to go where you are and help you straighten out your horrible diet and lack of cooking skills. By the way aren't you supposed to be dead or something?
April 10th, 2019 at 4:39:57 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: pew
By the way aren't you supposed to be dead or something?
Darn near was dead. Fire department ambulance refused to transport me to nearby hospital until they ran specialized tests to see if I needed a much higher level of trauma care. Low oxygen, unable to tell them how old I was or who the President was, got the year wrong too. I lost 90 to 100 pounds during my ordeal but wound up in a place with feces on the floor of the room, a soap dispenser that took six days to refill, a powerful air conditioner blowing all night on my legs that had to be kept warm, drugs that I had to take before a meal despite instructions to take after a meal, food trays sitting in the hall for an hour before being brought in, etc. Cup of ice water provided but same soda straw, urine stained bandages, one person applies bandage and says 'leave it intact and dry for three days' but next morning is 'time for your bath'.

I had been told quite some time before all this happened to put my affairs in order and I wish I had just keeled over and died rather than suffer such indignities and such an awful diet. Some of that stuff I would not eat at gunpoint.

Anyway i'm now back at the county poorhouse only with higher rent and a walker. Have to lose more weight and exercise more but monthly food bank selections are mainly things the quacks have forbidden. However previously I had trouble going sixteen feet to the mailbox, now I can go almost 200 feet if its cool.
April 12th, 2019 at 3:51:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: pew
Cumin, onion, garlic, you got enough salt with the canned veggies so DO NOT ADD SALT. Try cooking the lentils in chicken or some other stock.
Thanks.
I have plenty of cumin and I used the mixed vegetables. Later I obtained a cast-off from the food bank that was diced tomatoes with onion and breakfast this morning was not only edible it was actually an enjoyable experience.
April 13th, 2019 at 11:40:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
HELP NEEDED with: LENTILS.

Don't you have Google? It's all you
need for cooking. And Youtube has
instructions for anything you need
to cook.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 13th, 2019 at 11:43:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
food bank selections are mainly things the quacks have forbidden.

Aren't you close to 80 and
in poor health? Do they and
you think you'll live another
5 years? Eat what you want at
this point. Like the people
I knew who were diagnosed
with lung cancer. They
immediately stopped smoking,
like that was going help them
somehow.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 13th, 2019 at 2:24:07 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Aren't you close to 80 and
in poor health? Do they and
you think you'll live another
5 years? Eat what you want at
this point. Like the people
I knew who were diagnosed
with lung cancer. They
immediately stopped smoking,
like that was going help them
somehow.
Quality of life.
April 18th, 2019 at 10:38:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
Aren't you close to 80 and in poor health?

Poor health? Yes. Probably close to 80, can't really do the math or remember the answer.
Quote:
Do they and you think you'll live another 5 years?

I'm not even confident about five months.
Quote:
Eat what you want at this point.

I think its like getting the dregs out of the ketchup bottle or something.
If I continue to eat unwisely, weight gain will immobilize me, even failure to lose additional weight is likely do that.
There are certain foods or amounts that put me to sleep and it seems some will place me in a worse state of utter mental fog and physical inaction.
I desperately need to avoid any situation that might risk a return to Rehab Hell.
Lack of a vehicle made Allopurinol unavailable for awhile and that definitely increased the gout pain.
Quote:
YouTube
Even if my computer plays the youtube video, I rarely remember what was said on it soon after it stops playing.
April 25th, 2019 at 4:15:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
EGADS. Nearly set off a smoke alarm today. Its a three hundred dollar fine if an inmate tenant sets off an alarm.
The label said four cups of water and ten to twenty minutes so why did the pot go dry and create smoke?
April 26th, 2019 at 1:58:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
woke up from a severe sugar jag after the food bank distribution. had to give away much of what I got there. Sugar this, sugar that. Did get zuchinni and carrot slices, but I have a weakness for oatmeal cookies.
May 5th, 2019 at 6:23:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Been doing beans and rice but I think I'm still over eating.
I do have some good news though since I've forgotten to turn burners on and what is worse forgotten to turn them off, my social worker encouraged me to apply for Meals on Wheels delivery for about $135.00 a month. I still get dizzy but the kitchen is so narrow that falling over is not so bad. I don't think my brain recovered from my ordeal. Too many things like holding the egg over the garbage bag because I knew I had to throw the egg shell away. Does bagged spinach go into the refrigerator or the freezer? Had four cups of coffee today but did get some papers cleaned up.