Cooking thread

Page 96 of 96« First<93949596
April 23rd, 2020 at 11:54:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
making cabbage today. Blackened the garlic added the "quarters" of cabbage and stirred it around until I started to worry about the smoke alarm.
Tastes lousy. Some is limp as can be imagined but most is just as hard as if I had simply cut it and tried to eat it raw.
April 23rd, 2020 at 4:01:31 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
My dinner today was McDonald's french fries. I really needed to get out of the house and I saw McDonald's had $1 large french fries today. Yes, that was all I ordered. It came to $1.08 with tax.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 23rd, 2020 at 4:08:18 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: DRich
My dinner today was McDonald's french fries. I really needed to get out of the house and I saw McDonald's had $1 large french fries today. Yes, that was all I ordered. It came to $1.08 with tax.

I am a huge fan of McDonald’s but I don’t love the fries. They leave a weird aftertaste in my mouth. Something with the oil they use I think. Same thing with anything fried from Applebee’s.
April 23rd, 2020 at 4:30:14 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: gamerfreak
I am a huge fan of McDonald’s but I don’t love the fries. They leave a weird aftertaste in my mouth. Something with the oil they use I think. Same thing with anything fried from Applebee’s.

Blasphemy!!!

You have lost all credibility. McDonald's french fries are the best thing I have ever eaten.
April 23rd, 2020 at 5:23:23 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: DRich
Blasphemy!!!

You have lost all credibility. McDonald's french fries are the best thing I have ever eaten.

I don’t like BK’s burgers as much, but the fries are far superior.

Five Guys probably has the best fries on earth
April 23rd, 2020 at 5:52:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
making cabbage today. Blackened the garlic added the "quarters" of cabbage and stirred it around until I started to worry about the smoke alarm.
Tastes lousy. Some is limp as can be imagined but most is just as hard as if I had simply cut it and tried to eat it raw.
Upthread, Evenbob mentions cabbage steaks?

How does that work, do you slice steaks off a head of cabbage and fry them? I've only boiled cabbage or microwaved it. I need it cooked until it is like butter, so I can swallow it. Any tips?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 23rd, 2020 at 6:20:41 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: gamerfreak
I don’t like BK’s burgers as much, but the fries are far superior.

Five Guys probably has the best fries on earth

You have no credibility. Your views on fries are flawed. I won't block you for this even though you deserve it.
April 23rd, 2020 at 7:20:49 PM permalink
pew
Quote: petroglyph
Upthread, Evenbob mentions cabbage steaks?

How does that work, do you slice steaks off a head of cabbage and fry them? I've only boiled cabbage or microwaved it. I need it cooked until it is like butter, so I can swallow it. Any tips?
Coarsely chop the cabbage. Place a layer in a heavy saucepan dot with butter sprinkle with pepper and repeat for several layers. Pour some milk over all and cook on medium heat until tender. Simple and delicious. You're welcome.
March 21st, 2023 at 11:36:31 PM permalink
Allevi
Threads: 0
One time my family and I went on a little road trip in a trailer and we had to think about how to cook food there. We had a small generator Wen and everything was fine. I remember that once we cooked the most delicious grilled chicken - we cut it and made a sauce in which it was marinated: onion, tomato paste, barbecue sauce, cola and spices - black pepper, green onion. All the ingredients were added as we wanted, but we tried the result. It turned out very tasty!
Page 96 of 96« First<93949596