Random Thought of the Day

January 20th, 2020 at 4:11:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
If marrigae counseling works 1% of the time it is still worth trying. My marriage counselor suggested divorce to me.

Lol.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2020 at 4:16:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
And forget marriage counseling, it
doesn't work most of the time.
30% say their marriages are
worse after therapy, and 40%
get divorced anyway. The reason
is, most marriage therapists have
no idea what they're doing. The
few that do know how are so
expensive most can't afford
them.
Always ask how long the counselor has been married before paying them. Most of them got in the business because of personal issues.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 20th, 2020 at 4:16:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
If marrigae counseling works 1% of the time it is still worth trying. My marriage counselor suggested divorce to me.
A friend of mine's dr. told him to get a divorce or the stress of staying married to his x would kill him.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 20th, 2020 at 4:18:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph

By the time people get to our age, we've all got history. Where do these guys draw the line, 5 partners, 10?

Probably more like who was there 10 minutes ago than that. Does your restaurant wash the dish, or just wipe it down with a rag and squeeze a few lemon drops on it before serving you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2020 at 4:22:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Not when 30% report it made their
marriages worse. 1 out of 100 vs
30 out of 100? To me, people
do it so they can confirm that
they hate their spouse.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 24th, 2020 at 8:04:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
During the Vietnam War when LBJ and McNamara were micro-managing the war from the Whitehoue, the Air Force was carrying out Operation Thunder a bombing campaign focus on persuasion rather than destruction of North Vietnam.

Initially the US military was forbidden to attack the SAM missile sites, but eventually LBJ/Mcnamarra relented and sent orders to attack specific SAM sites, but these sites always had the actual SAMS removed and painted bamboo decoys left instead. Meanwhile the North Vietnamese would move in three to four times the number of anti-aircraft artillery and so were able to decimate the attacking USAF planes.

I never knew or even suspected such treason was taking place but it seems that LBJMcnamara had personally ordered that the names of the SAM sites be given to the SWISS embassy and that the Swiss were instructed to inform the North Vietnamese prior to the raid.
February 6th, 2020 at 10:52:39 AM permalink
rxwine
You Might Be Walking Your Dog the Wrong Way.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/you-might-be-walking-your-dog-the-wrong-way/ar-BBZHcrc?ocid=spartanntp

When you know what they mean, but it still conjures up some funny images.
February 7th, 2020 at 3:21:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Just signed out to see what was going on here in threads I have blocked. Oh my god! Get some help you people!

I have to tell you I would never be a moderator here and have to read all that crap. Not for love nor money
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 7th, 2020 at 10:38:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
Just signed out to see what was going on here in threads I have blocked. Oh my god! Get some help you people!

Examples? Just because you can't keep
up, how it that our fault..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 7th, 2020 at 11:38:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
Examples? Just because you can't keep
up, how it that our fault..
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]