petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/477710-chelsea-clinton-made-9-million/

It's good to be king.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 19th, 2020 at 12:20:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Best way to really pack a suitcase full? Fold clothes or roll?

Apparently, both.

Fold and put rolls in between.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2020 at 12:45:29 PM permalink
rxwine
According to a current study.

- Although supportive behavior doesn't hurt a relationship, it doesn't help as much as people think. People feel resentment about how much they've done for their spouse when things start going downhill, but in reality, your spouse isn't noticing as much as you think.

- Talking things out, constructive criticism, doesn't necessarily help preserve a relationship. It may make things clear, but doesn't necessarily prevent an eventual decline.

Nah, what really can help a preserve relationship according to the study?

Shut your mouth. If you can stand any of the irritating habits, shortcomings, of your mate, it's better to put up with them then to mention them. People focus more on negative things, than positive and will dwell and ponder over them. It can create a spiral of negativity and retaliation. And it's the thing that leads to the end of many relationships.

There wasn't any mention if you can alter what you think is intolerable without open criticism. But I suppose there is, if you employ it carefully. Same as animal training. Positive reinforcement of behavior you prefer and generally react not at all to anything else if possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2020 at 1:33:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine

- Although supportive behavior doesn't hurt a relationship, it doesn't help as much as people think. People feel resentment about how much they've done for their spouse when things start going downhill, but in reality, your spouse isn't noticing as much as you think.

- Talking things out, constructive criticism, doesn't necessarily help preserve a relationship. It may make things clear, but doesn't necessarily prevent an eventual decline.

Nah, what really can help a preserve relationship according to the study?

Shut your mouth. If you can stand any of the irritating habits, shortcomings, of your mate, it's better to put up with them then to mention them. People focus more on negative things, than positive and will dwell and ponder over them. It can create a spiral of negativity and retaliation. And it's the thing that leads to the end of many relationships.

There wasn't any mention if you can alter what you think is intolerable without open criticism. But I suppose there is, if you employ it carefully. Same as animal training. Positive reinforcement of behavior you prefer and generally react not at all to anything else if possible.
Legalize brothels and most of this goes away.
January 20th, 2020 at 2:05:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Legalize brothels and most of this goes away.

Although I don't think it is such a bad idea, not sure it will solve things for guys who don't want a woman who is having sex with multitudes of men. Even with condoms.
January 20th, 2020 at 2:41:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Although I don't think it is such a bad idea, not sure it will solve things for guys who don't want a woman who is having sex with multitudes of men. Even with condoms.
Well good luck to 'em, finding happiness. How many dating sites are there? Everyone can just check all the boxes for their perfect other. Something for everyone. I've always enjoyed the thought processes of men on their third divorce, that refuse to pay for sex.

If legalized, health tested, safe prostitutes are not up to their strict standards [oh my], then maybe they can sign up to be a "sugar daddy" ? https://www.sugardaddy.world/sugar-daddy-websites

By the time people get to our age, we've all got history. Where do these guys draw the line, 5 partners, 10? What's the most partners a woman can have before a stand up guy shouldn't have her, 0?

So on the flip side, how many partners, is the maximum a man should have been with, before a woman shouldn't have him?
January 20th, 2020 at 2:42:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Talking things out is a path loaded
with landmines. Avoid it like the
plague. Keeping your mouth
shut is the best policy by far.

Charleton Heston said the best
way to keep your marriage is
just be constantly agreeing with
most of what the wife says and
be constantly apologizing, even
if you did nothing wrong. Never
give her any ammo. Yes dear.
You're right, I'm sorry.

Only share facts, never share
negative feelings. Learn to live
with the negative stuff because
you can't change it by bitching
about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2020 at 3:05:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob
Talking things out is a path loaded
with landmines. Avoid it like the
plague. Keeping your mouth
shut is the best policy by far.

Charleton Heston said the best
way to keep your marriage is
just be constantly agreeing with
most of what the wife says and
be constantly apologizing, even
if you did nothing wrong. Never
give her any ammo. Yes dear.
You're right, I'm sorry.

Only share facts, never share
negative feelings. Learn to live
with the negative stuff because
you can't change it by bitching
about it.

I am sure that I have posted this before but is a motto for any man who wants to get along with the ladies

"There is no sense in arguing with a women, no good has ever come of it" Alan Fotheringham
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 20th, 2020 at 3:07:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And forget marriage counseling, it
doesn't work most of the time.
30% say their marriages are
worse after therapy, and 40%
get divorced anyway. The reason
is, most marriage therapists have
no idea what they're doing. The
few that do know how are so
expensive most can't afford
them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2020 at 3:49:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
And forget marriage counseling, it
doesn't work most of the time.
30% say their marriages are
worse after therapy, and 40%
get divorced anyway. The reason
is, most marriage therapists have
no idea what they're doing. The
few that do know how are so
expensive most can't afford
them.

If marrigae counseling works 1% of the time it is still worth trying. My marriage counselor suggested divorce to me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.