Israeli conflict

Page 40 of 41« First<3738394041>
February 27th, 2024 at 7:01:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
one ice cream trend I don't get is stuff like candy bars or cookies in the ice cream ... plenty of people love it evidently

You don’t like cookies and cream?! That’s my go-to flavor.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 27th, 2024 at 7:20:11 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: odiousgambit
one ice cream trend I don't get is stuff like candy bars or cookies in the ice cream ... plenty of people love it evidently

Being in cocoa country, I tried Hershey's cookies in a chocolate bar the other day.

It made it worse not better.

So I know what you mean.

We keep ice cream in stock, but I don't like to spend for the premium flavors.

It seems like a waste of money to me.
February 27th, 2024 at 8:31:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Banana splits are not equivalent, who doesn't like those? I like, but try to avoid, cookies and milk, so ...............

on a hot day, milk that has been plunged into ice water [not just refrigerated] is a good memory. Yeah, with cookies

today if I did that I'd have to get lactose free milk
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 13th, 2024 at 1:59:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Iran launching drones and cruise missiles at Israel at this moment. Sounds like a fairly large attack.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2024 at 2:29:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Iran launching drones and cruise missiles at Israel at this moment. Sounds like a fairly large attack.

Ready for local war? Iran may learn the hard way......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNk9-h19F_8

The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2024 at 3:39:43 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Israel is no match for Iran. Neither is the US.

The US was humiliated by a bunch of sixth century nomads in Afghanistan for twenty years before running away in the middle of the night. Imagine what Iran could do.

Biden should sit this one out.

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress-blog/4339670-despite-washingtons-confidence-us-war-with-iran-would-be-disastrous/
April 13th, 2024 at 4:07:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko

The US was humiliated by a bunch of sixth century nomads in Afghanistan for twenty years before running away in the middle of the night. Imagine what Iran could do.

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress-blog/4339670-despite-washingtons-confidence-us-war-with-iran-would-be-disastrous/

Israel has nukes. And while basically every nuclear nation has either been invaded or defeated by a non-nuclear nation I can see Israel being second in history to use them if Iran attacks with too much force.

It is just too bad we have not encouraged Iran to invade Afghanistan. That could have been the best thing for the USA since Operation Barbarossa.
The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2024 at 4:42:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

This is an idiotic pro-Islamist point. Nation building is far different than a traditional war. America is very good at quickly winning wars, it has had some trouble staying and rebuilding the country in recent times. Iraq and Afghanistan were quickly won in the sense that the enemy government was removed within a matter of weeks. The challenge was changing centuries of culture to form a new enlightened government after the "war" was over.

America is very good at XvX wars.

I disagree that Biden should sit this one out. He probably will, because both him and Trump have been terrible at getting involved directly in the Middle East. The glory days of Bush and Obama are over. But, Iran definitely needs to be removed. This is one reason McCain may have been the best President that we never had.

Iran has very few allies, even most of the Arab world hates them. They do not have nuclear weapons. They barely have functional missiles. If there was an allied effort to take down Iran, it would be easy. I mean Russia may help them? But, I doubt they want direct involvement (and they have enough problems right now.) And, Russia is not a huge threat (they can barely operate in Ukraine.)

Defeating the government Iran would be quite easy. Now, because Iran is Iran, this means that probably a worse government will take shape (I doubt there will be an appetite for a two decade reconstruction.) But, that is an issue for another day.

The classic based McCain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7s5pT3Rris
April 14th, 2024 at 7:40:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Biden tells Netanyahu, the US will sit this one out.

'US President Joe Biden told Prime Minister Netanyahu in their phone call tonight that the US will not support an Israeli attack on Iran and will not take part in it, a senior White House official said this morning '
April 14th, 2024 at 7:57:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Biden tells Netanyahu, the US will sit this one out.

'US President Joe Biden told Prime Minister Netanyahu in their phone call tonight that the US will not support an Israeli attack on Iran and will not take part in it, a senior White House official said this morning '

You could look at this two ways (at least). We could join Israel and beat the hell out of Iran and increase the chances of an asymmetrical terrorist attack in the future here in the US. Or we could take a more moderate view and let Israel do all the dirty work, and perhaps lesson their interest in attacking here because of oversea interests.

We can attack Iran at any time anyway if we have to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 40 of 41« First<3738394041>