Israeli conflict

October 31st, 2023 at 8:01:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
To me, a better endgame for the Israelis would be to announce they've taken out all the obvious known Hamas targets and then are going to start with selective strikes on a lowered but unending timeline. If they take over Gaza, they're just going to have an unending dangerous babysitting job that will never likely convert the current population and produce no pro-Israeli leaders who can keep from being assassinated. Better to sit back, strike with special operations, improve defenses, than wade into something like that.

Absolutely. I think I posted this before, but in the end Israel cannot have a naval blockade on Gaza. That allows for the (ridiculous) ‘open air prison’ tropes. Before this new conflict, there were luxury hotels, upscale eateries, wealthy neighborhoods. Is Sudan an ‘open air prison’? A mostly poor country wants to blame its circumstances on anyone but its own people.
November 1st, 2023 at 5:16:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Before this new conflict, there were luxury hotels, upscale eateries, wealthy neighborhoods.

In Gaza??
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2023 at 12:03:23 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Hamas is the elected government in Gaza, so when its gov't "goes rogue" as they did with the initial attack the populace who elected them are deemed to be complicit and must pay the price.

I would destroy / level Gaza, and ship all the Palestinians out of Israel; send them to Iran.
November 1st, 2023 at 12:55:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Hamas is the elected government in Gaza, so when its gov't "goes rogue" as they did with the initial attack the populace who elected them are deemed to be complicit and must pay the price.

I would destroy / level Gaza, and ship all the Palestinians out of Israel; send them to Iran.

I’m trying to get away from the idea, that whatever the next potentialTrump administration does, we ALL deserved to be nuked. Or any similar idea. Unless someone gets 100% of the vote, I don’t want to take responsiblity for that person. Don’t want to apply it to anyone else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2023 at 1:43:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I’m trying to get away from the idea, that whatever the next potentialTrump administration does, we ALL deserved to be nuked. Or any similar idea. Unless someone gets 100% of the vote, I don’t want to take responsiblity for that person. Don’t want to apply it to anyone else.

If it does what the last Trump admin does it will mean peace.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2023 at 4:24:40 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
If it does what the last Trump admin does it will mean peace.

It sure wasn't peaceful at home, and there were still wars being fought abroad during his tenure.
November 2nd, 2023 at 2:43:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: GenoDRPh
It sure wasn't peaceful at home, and there were still wars being fought abroad during his tenure.

The USA did not get involved in a war under Trump, first time since Carter that happened and only second time since WWII.

Trump had nothing to do with violent, racist groups like BLM causing issues.

Face facts, Trump was about peace no matter how much the left said he would start a war for no reason.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2023 at 4:27:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the Left gets everything wrong about Trump, and believes it's necessary to lie to defeat him

Even when the truth makes Trump look bad, what they have the general public believe is all baloney. There wasn't an insurrection at the Capitol, it was a riot. Trump and Pelosi were guilty of having no foresight as to how this would unfold, and Trump should have toned it all down, possibly stopping it, and didn't. But what Trump did that was really bad was bring in separate groups of electors not certified by the states they came from, and tried to get them seated. This was the horrific thing that he can't be forgiven for, is really bad, and is barely mentioned by the Leftists who greatly prefer going on about things that didn't even happen.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 2nd, 2023 at 4:32:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 2nd, 2023 at 4:42:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
the Left gets everything wrong about Trump, and believes it's necessary to lie to defeat him

Even when the truth makes Trump look bad, what they have the general public believe is all baloney. There wasn't an insurrection at the Capitol, it was a riot. Trump and Pelosi were guilty of having no foresight as to how this would unfold, and Trump should have toned it all down, possibly stopping it, and didn't. But what Trump did that was really bad was bring in separate groups of electors not certified by the states they came from, and tried to get them seated. This was the horrific thing that he can't be forgiven for, is really bad, and is barely mentioned by the Leftists who greatly prefer going on about things that didn't even happen.

WTF does this nonsense have to do with Israel?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman