Crime Thread

Page 4 of 6<123456>
September 7th, 2023 at 11:03:50 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Despite physical evidence of a brutal attack and testimony from the severely injured and now hospitalized elderly victim, and testimony from the MTA employee who witnessed and filmed the attack, the MTA police failed to view the witness video and declined to arrest the suspect who has nine priors.

He was finally arrested two days after the attack. Only after the NY Post published the article about the police declining to arrest him
September 7th, 2023 at 11:16:37 AM permalink
Tanko
Two dirtbags kidnapped a doctor in Brooklyn and threatened to shoot him if he didn't comply.

They forced him to withdraw cash from an ATM, and purchase expensive clothes and other items for them. $6,000 was stolen.

They ended up in Connecticut, where they were arrested for kidnap, gun possession, but strangely not robbery. Bail was set at $1 million for one, and $250K for the other, but the judge let them go without posting bail, after they promised to return for their hearing.

'Suspect in doctor’s kidnapping outside Brooklyn Mirage released on ‘promise to appear’ — but appears to give court old contact info'
September 8th, 2023 at 1:34:17 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Being illegal implies a crime, so this might be a good thread to post this in.

Eric is finally understanding what crime is.

It's too bad he didn't catch on earlier.

--------------------

Mayor Eric Adams Declares Illegal Immigration ‘Will Destroy’ NYC: ‘It’s Going to Come to Your Neighborhoods’

7 Sep 2023
Mayor Eric Adams (D) has declared illegal immigration, at its current pace, “will destroy New York City — warning New Yorkers “every service in this city” will have to be cut and that migrants will “come to your neighborhoods.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/07/eric-adams-declares-illegal-immigration-will-destroy-nyc/

-----------------------
September 8th, 2023 at 1:37:12 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
One of the fastest ways to stop the crime of illegal entry into the USA is to arrest the criminal politicians that didn't stop them.

I'd place all of them inside a huge yard cell and assigned each one a cot.
September 8th, 2023 at 1:59:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Two dirtbags kidnapped a doctor in Brooklyn and threatened to shoot him if he didn't comply.

They forced him to withdraw cash from an ATM, and purchase expensive clothes and other items for them. $6,000 was stolen.

They ended up in Connecticut, where they were arrested for kidnap, gun possession, but strangely not robbery. Bail was set at $1 million for one, and $250K for the other, but the judge let them go without posting bail, after they promised to return for their hearing.

'Suspect in doctor’s kidnapping outside Brooklyn Mirage released on ‘promise to appear’ — but appears to give court old contact info'

Doctor was in the hospital at work when he reported it as a kidnapping. Sorry, wanting people to be locked up on someone's word is bogus regardless of who it is.

They should lock you up if you have outstanding warrants or some actual evidence, but not on someone's word. Not just because they're found someone waiting outside.

Leastwise the article didn't present any evidence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 12:08:03 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Doctor was in the hospital at work when he reported it as a kidnapping. Sorry, wanting people to be locked up on someone's word is bogus regardless of who it is.

They should lock you up if you have outstanding warrants or some actual evidence, but not on someone's word...
Unless what you actually want to do is destroy the country, so there's your answer

As a cautionary note, I've decided these people we are now uplifting into these positions of power are a bunch of Jacobins, meaning like Robespierre and that crowd. In other words, though you might conclude they are letting these people off because they are so kind-hearted, the truth is the opposite, they are trying to cause social instability. And these very same people are actually eager to start chopping heads off if there's no one to stop them.

the heads of you and me, to be clear
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 23rd, 2023 at 12:02:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Speaking at the 30th annual Goldman Sachs Global Retailing Conference, Ellison said his company had not faced the same shrinkage/theft issues as many other retailers had been complaining about. The CEO was asked directly about shrink toward the end of his question-and-answer session.  

"It's one of the areas of the business that we're most pleased with. As a major big-box retailer, you're right, we're one of the few who've not flagged shrink as something that is having a material impact on gross margin or operating profit," Ellison said.

That success, he declared, did not come by accident.

"We've invested quite a bit of technology at different parts of the business in front of the customer and behind the scenes to help us to manage this, and we take a unique and differentiated way," he said.

Ellison shared that technology and security are not what is keeping Lowe's theft rates down. 

"Having spent my entire adult life in retail, at every level, the one thing that I understand clearly is that the greatest deterrent for any theft activity is effective customer service and making sure that you have the right type of merchandising display," he said.

Lowe's "from a margin rate standpoint" saw no major negative impact from theft, the executive said. 
Lowe's CEO Ellison says service prevents theft

While Lowe's uses technology to prevent theft, Ellison made clear that having people on its store floors helping customers leads to less theft. Lowe's had a roughly 1% shrink rate in its most recent quarter, which is below industry averages.

"Our margin rate was up year-over-year, and we had very strong operating-margin performance. And we don't anticipate that shrink is going to be a material negative impact to our business for the balance of this year," Ellison added.

The CEO called his company's results "a differentiated performance relative to the other major retailers." But he also quietly placed blame on retailers like Target, Walmart  (WMT)  and Walgreens  (WBA)  for simply not investing in the people needed to serve customers.

Simply paying workers well -- Lowe's is a the higher end of the wage scale for retailers in many markets -- and training them leads to lower levels of shrink, according to Ellison. Fewer people trying to steal also enable the company's security team to operate more efficiently.

"We have a dedicated asset-protection team that I think is best-in-class in retail," Ellison said. "They have great partnerships with law-enforcement communities and the like. And we spend a lot of time on associate training."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2023 at 2:29:22 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the woman who allegedly poisoned relatives in Australia just now got arrested, would that have taken that long in the US?

feels a little funny to use the word 'allegedly' on this one

btw I intend to add more to this thread with some different cases, but that may take getting bored this winter to finally do it
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 2nd, 2023 at 9:18:33 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: odiousgambit
the woman who allegedly poisoned relatives in Australia just now got arrested, would that have taken that long in the US?

feels a little funny to use the word 'allegedly' on this one

btw I intend to add more to this thread with some different cases, but that may take getting bored this winter to finally do it

My sense is it takes time-lots of time-to truly collect evidence and develop a case to bring in front of a judge.
November 5th, 2023 at 5:57:07 AM permalink
Tanko
The parole board on NYS is hand picked by the Governor to a six-year term. Most members of the present board were appointed by Cuomo.

Cuomo's parole board just paroled its thirty-eighth cop killer in six years. This one grabbed his victim by his hair and shot him in his face as he laid paralyzed on the sidewalk pleading for his life.

'NYPD cop killer freed by parole board despite execution-style murder'
Page 4 of 6<123456>