kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
???????????
The people in Israel are pretty unhappy. Massive protests and strikes
And I've never liked Netanyahu
But
What does this have to do with the US?
Israeli politics are very very very complicated. Completely different issues.
Our Supreme Court reversed a previous Supreme Court ruling simply because they now have the majority. Yea I'm not happy about that.

You would also support any method that Biden might come up with to reverse that decision. That is exactly what the protest is about in Israel, the government trying to take the power to reverse Supreme Court decisions. When Biden tries it and the right have violent protests in the street remember you support them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 30th, 2023 at 7:54:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You would also support any method that Biden might come up with to reverse that decision.

Any legal method
Sure
When say a conservative justice dies or retires, replace with a justice that supports abortion
Or
Get more state legislatures to pass abortion rights.
Or
More referendums like the one Kansas had
These are all legal
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2023 at 8:13:33 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Any legal method
Sure
When say a conservative justice dies or retires, replace with a justice that supports abortion
Or
Get more state legislatures to pass abortion rights.
Or
More referendums like the one Kansas had
These are all legal

Yes they are and I am not against any of those scenarios. That is how a democracy is supposed to work. The SCOTUS decision was that it is a state decision as per the constitution.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 30th, 2023 at 5:53:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Gwyneth Paltrow wins her case.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2023 at 5:54:15 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
When I was in high school, nothing like this ever happened.

---------------------------

14-year-old girl hangs herself inside California high school, cops say

March 30, 2023

https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/girl-found-hanging-inside-lindhurst-california-high-school/

---------------------------
March 30th, 2023 at 6:36:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Gwyneth Paltrow wins her case.

The guy who was suing her outed himself as a QAnon nutcase while on the stand.

Glad she won.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 31st, 2023 at 3:59:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
When I was in high school, nothing like this ever happened.
I can't say that! how many can?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 31st, 2023 at 4:05:22 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
I can't say that! how many can?

By the way, that article was small on down the page.

I barely saw it.
March 31st, 2023 at 4:28:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
when I was in High School, a guy I didn't know hung himself in his bedroom. There was evidence his condition was one that today would be called gender dysphoria, he put on female underwear to hang himself.

So to confuse everybody, LOL, I have to admit the people who say we need to help such afflicted , that they are suicide risks, has had me less against all this than some. I know I'm not showing much sign of that lately, but it's the surgeries and hormone treatments that I really deplore ... at least with people who have a normal set of sex chromosomes.

For hermaphrodites, hormones/surgery is completely acceptable. Perhaps a few other similar conditions, I'm not out to outlaw it. I am appalled by the huge rise in young girls thinking they need to go to this, influenced by social media. And school? horrors!

And, now we are hearing that modern ideas about all this is not leading to less suicides, maybe more. I'd like to get to the bottom of that!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 31st, 2023 at 4:59:12 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
when I was in High School, a guy I didn't know hung himself in his bedroom. There was evidence his condition was one that today would be called gender dysphoria, he put on female underwear to hang himself.

So to confuse everybody, LOL, I have to admit the people who say we need to help such afflicted , that they are suicide risks, has had me less against all this than some. I know I'm not showing much sign of that lately, but it's the surgeries and hormone treatments that I really deplore ... at least with people who have a normal set of sex chromosomes.

For hermaphrodites, hormones/surgery is completely acceptable. Perhaps a few other similar conditions, I'm not out to outlaw it. I am appalled by the huge rise in young girls thinking they need to go to this, influenced by social media. And school? horrors!

And, now we are hearing that modern ideas about all this is not leading to less suicides, maybe more. I'd like to get to the bottom of that!

I think what is happening, is suicide rates were climbing for gender dysphoria.

So the medical community began to get aggressive to save lives.

In other words, their intention was likely good.

However, I sense surgery is based upon fake science, and especially children are being used to experiment.

I think the movement and surgeries are being substituted for religion to fill the void in people's lives (temporarily).