In the News II

March 28th, 2023 at 6:25:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
So, just another suicide by cop?
March 28th, 2023 at 6:37:17 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Antisemitism is on the rise globally and you guys are preoccupied with this mishmash.
March 28th, 2023 at 6:38:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rquiredusername
Antisemitism is on the rise globally and you guys are preoccupied with this mishmash.

I don't think anyone disputes the rise of antisemitism. There is more than one issue in the world.
March 29th, 2023 at 2:44:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername

On the flip side massive protests in Isreal as a crooked Prime Minister is making an unprecedented grab for more power.
Country is pretty much in the brink
https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2023/0327/Strike-and-mass-protests-in-Israel-halt-rollout-of-judicial-plan
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/protesters-flood-the-streets-of-israel-after-netanyahu-fires-minister-opposed-to-controversial-reforms/ar-AA195vqq
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 29th, 2023 at 4:33:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I would like to apologize for DT not working properly for about 24 hours there. Somebody deleted a very important file behind the scenes.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 29th, 2023 at 5:40:03 PM permalink
terapined
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/27/1166244442/fox-news-dominion-producer-abby-grossberg
Fired Fox News producer says she'd testify against the network in $1.6 billion suit

Aint looking good for Foxnews
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 29th, 2023 at 6:48:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

Glad to see that you agree with the Israeli protestors that the government shouldn't have the right to reverse supreme court decisions by a simple majority. I am sure that must be your position in the US also.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 29th, 2023 at 8:11:44 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
Glad to see that you agree with the Israeli protestors that the government shouldn't have the right to reverse supreme court decisions by a simple majority. I am sure that must be your position in the US also.

???????????
The people in Israel are pretty unhappy. Massive protests and strikes
And I've never liked Netanyahu
But
What does this have to do with the US?
Israeli politics are very very very complicated. Completely different issues.
Our Supreme Court reversed a previous Supreme Court ruling simply because they now have the majority. Yea I'm not happy about that.
March 30th, 2023 at 1:53:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: DoubleGold
The reason I posted the reference, is because of preserving life.

If the attempted suicide rate for transgender youth is 40%, then that rules out being transgender in order to preserve the person's life.

The odds are too much in the favor of death to be a youthful transgender.

Also, being a transgender as a youth is not sustainable because of the high attempted suicide rate.

The issue will automatically go away and take care of itself.

Even if society changed to compensate for these individuals, as long as the eventual suicide rate is higher than average, the movement is destined to fail.

My sense is humans are a reproductive unit.

A whole, in that all the component systems work together.

If one component is fundamentally changed, then they can all fail.

In this case, the sex is determined in the womb, so it's very fundamental.
March 30th, 2023 at 2:00:17 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Wizard
I would like to apologize for DT not working properly for about 24 hours there. Somebody deleted a very important file behind the scenes.

Thank-you for the effort and info.