In the News II

March 28th, 2023 at 2:04:19 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: ams288
Please link to the post where I “advocated for a 40% attempted suicide rate.”

Link or it didn’t happen!

In other words, if the difference of the average youth suicide rate and the average transgender suicide rate were equal, then you'd be neutral.
March 28th, 2023 at 2:06:07 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
The twisted mind pretzel blame game the libbies are playing on this one is next level shit.
March 28th, 2023 at 2:09:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DoubleGold
On the contrary.

I am exposing your hate.

You want to protect a 40% attempted suicide rate.

DG, I doubt that the rate is that high, but even if it is, it is only relevant if compared to the ‘attempted suicide rate’ of people who consider themselves transgender but are prevented from acting on that belief.

As far as depression, imagine if you truly believe you are a woman but have male parts…. depression is a natural reaction in my opinion. As I think ams or Rx mentioned, it doesn’t help their mental state knowing that there are large swaths of society that don’t accept them in many ways.
March 28th, 2023 at 2:10:26 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Please link to the post where I “advocated for a 40% attempted suicide rate.”

Link or it didn’t happen!

In other words, if the difference of the average youth suicide rate and the average transgender youth suicide rate were equal, then you'd be neutral.
March 28th, 2023 at 2:13:34 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: SOOPOO
DG, I doubt that the rate is that high, but even if it is, it is only relevant if compared to the ‘attempted suicide rate’ of people who consider themselves transgender but are prevented from acting on that belief.

As far as depression, imagine if you truly believe you are a woman but have male parts…. depression is a natural reaction in my opinion. As I think ams or Rx mentioned, it doesn’t help their mental state knowing that there are large swaths of society that don’t accept them in many ways.

The reason I posted the reference, is because of preserving life.

If the attempted suicide rate for transgender youth is 40%, then that rules out being transgender in order to preserve the person's life.

The odds are too much in the favor of death to be a youthful transgender.
March 28th, 2023 at 2:14:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DoubleGold
In other words, if the difference of the average youth suicide rate and the average transgender suicide rate were equal, then you'd be neutral.

Okay, you’ve failed to provide a link. You are clearly making up stuff about me.

I am joining the hoardes of members who have blocked you.

Goodbye.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2023 at 3:22:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The most common denominator is the shooter was white, middle class, grievanced or mentally ill or both and used a gun. The only reason to keep bringing up transgender is bigotry. Singling out people considered "defective" is also a favored practice of the Nazi party.

If you don't like facts, too bad.

For this kind of shooting, those are the common denominators.

It wasn't gang related or a robbery or an accident, or all those other types of shootings.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2023 at 3:39:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
The most common denominator is the shooter was white, middle class, grievanced or mentally ill or both and used a gun. The only reason to keep bringing up transgender is bigotry. Singling out people considered "defective" is also a favored practice of the Nazi party.

If you don't like facts, too bad.

For this kind of shooting, those are the common denominators.

It wasn't gang related or a robbery or an accident, or all those other types of shootings.

I feel like the right wing’s massive overreaction to this shooting is actually generating more sympathy for trans people than they realize.

People are don’t normally have strong feelings either way on trans issues are intelligent enough to know that this is a very rare occurrence and the righties are clearly pushing an agenda.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2023 at 3:50:58 PM permalink
rxwine
I feel like the right wing’s massive overreaction to this shooting is actually generating more sympathy for trans people than they realize.

People are don’t normally have strong feelings either way on trans issues are intelligent enough to know that this is a very rare occurrence and the righties are clearly pushing an agenda.

I don’t think trans people are ever going to be numerous enough to wield much political power. 99.% of the activities people complain about them weren’t even illegal. I’m going to defend their rights within those boundaries when I have the patience to do so. And I don’t have to defend all their individual choices to do so just as I wouldn’t necessarily defend anyone else’s choices.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2023 at 4:17:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:

Tue, March 28, 2023 at 3:30 PM EDT
A friend of Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale told ABC News that she contacted local authorities on Monday morning after Hale messaged her online about "planning to die today" -- but that the authorities didn't come to speak to her until after the attack had taken place.

Hale, 28, shot and killed three children and three adults in a mass shooting at the Covenant School Monday before being killed by responding police officers, according to authorities. Police said Hale may have previously attended the school.

Paige Patton, a Nashville radio host who goes by the name Averianna, told ABC News that said she played basketball with Hale in eighth grade and remained in occasional contact with Hale.

She said was contacted Monday morning by Hale, who told her, "I'm planning to die today. This is not a joke. You will probably hear about me on the news after I die."

"This is my last goodbye," Hale wrote, according to Patton. "I love you, see you again in another life."

Patton said she messaged Hale back, saying, "Audrey, you have so much more life to live.'"

"I know, but I don't want to live, I'm so sorry. I'm not trying to upset you or get attention, I just need to die. I wanted to tell you first because you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen and known all my life," Hale responded, according to Patton.

She spoke to someone at the suicide prevention line who suggested she call local authorities, according to Patton. When she did, they said they would send someone out to her location to review the screenshots, Patton said.

But Patton said no one came to see the messages themselves until that afternoon, after the shooting had taken place.