In the News II

January 18th, 2024 at 7:22:26 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I suppose it's possible they were within sight of an unfriendly area and I suppose to maintain secrecy they might not turn it on until they have to. Unless, they managed to invent a completely invisible signal, that signal is going to be picked up by any other entity monitoring the area. It's a literal beacon for location.

I agree that they would not turn it on under normal circumstances but it is made for emergencies. They were going after some rebel supply ships and not a military . I wouldn't expect the enemy here to have much sophistication.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 18th, 2024 at 3:40:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"Report: Georgia Judge Schedules Hearing on Fani Willis’s Alleged Improper Relationship with Top Prosecutor"

And the hearing will be televised. So much for the people here going haha, another fake story. Look at her, look at what she did with her totally inexperienced boyfriend for this kind of job, and is anybody surprised? She's an idiot, obviously. She went around with him in public, and they went on public vacations on cruise ships spending his hugely inflated salary. And they got caught because stupidity is always its own worst punishment.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 18th, 2024 at 4:14:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
"Report: Georgia Judge Schedules Hearing on Fani Willis’s Alleged Improper Relationship with Top Prosecutor"

And the hearing will be televised. So much for the people here going haha, another fake story. Look at her, look at what she did with her totally inexperienced boyfriend for this kind of job, and is anybody surprised? She's an idiot, obviously. She went around with him in public, and they went on public vacations on cruise ships spending his hugely inflated salary. And they got caught because stupidity is always its own worst punishment.

<stupid part Bolded for emphasis>

Literally no one here called it a fake story.

Most of us just ignored it because it is irrelevant and has no bearing on Donny’s trial.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 18th, 2024 at 4:48:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288

Most of us just ignored it because it is irrelevant and has no bearing on Donny’s trial.

Yeah, I think it is fair to say I know more about GA politics (especially at the county level,) than 99% of people on here (probably 100%), and I know nothing about this. A quick google seems to imply this is a standard investigation of another elected official using government funds for private travel expenses, wrong, and she deserves to be punished if it turns out true. But, nobody would care about this local budget drama, if she was not involved in the Trump case.... And, I have not heard of a single person calling this false (or speaking of it at all....) I am not a Trumper, if she is guilty, lock her up, sure..... But, this is 100% irrelevant to the Trump trial and investigations....

But, I also know (to some degree from experience,) there are many local GA Republicans who are guilty of the same thing (improper travel expenses,) who nobody will care about because they are not involved in an internationally covered trial.... People only care about minor policy and budgetary violations when it is politically convenient. But, I am consistent, if they are found in violation fire them (or file for a removal if elected) and file criminal charges, I have no special defense of Democrats.

Cons do not seem to understand that there is not a robotic defense of our dear leader like they have for Trump (if anything Democrats are too quick to throw people under the bus before a proper investigation occurs, especially when it comes to certain sexual allegations.... But, I do not think any logical person can say Democrats do not eat their own, if this is positive or negative, you can decide....) If Biden staged a coup as a random example, I would be the first to say he should be arrested (and probably executed depending on the degrees.)

Regardless I can virtually guarantee this is what happened, without looking into any insider information or deep research: Cons know this is a prosecutor involved in the Trump trial. Certain unnamed groups, are probably doing constant open records requests for all activity, travel records, spending records, emails, text messages, and everything else of this person.... They then have a team of people scrutinizing these records for slight issues that can be reported. So because they do not like her, and there are thousands of people pissy with her both locally and all over, she is getting blasted for something probably hundreds of GA officials are guilty of (I am not saying this makes it right....) Whenever you do something that causes more eyes on you, people go back through your history and find things to file a grievance with. Even if she does turn out to be guilty (I don't know that she is,) she is probably not within the top 100 top offenders based on dollar amounts, but she will become the sacrificial lamb, that is just how this stuff works....

None of this is any kind of defense of her or anyone, if she is guilty, she (especially being a lawyer) should understand the ramifications. This in no ways changes Trump's level of guilt. This is equivalent to a cop pulling you over for being drunk and saying, "look that guy changed lanes without using a blinker."
January 18th, 2024 at 4:55:22 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288

Oh, it isn't a fake story, For true it's a story,. Whether or not the story itself has any truth to it...,
January 19th, 2024 at 11:02:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It gets even better and more delightful.

Report: Fani Willis Gave Big Contracts to Alleged Lover’s Law Partner

What a true moron this woman is that she thinks she was going to get away with it. But look at her, what would you expect. She always has a stupid look on her face and stupid is as stupid does. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2024 at 12:28:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
A lot of medical experts think the sores that have appeared on Donny’s hand are likely from Syphilis.

Guess he grabbed the wrong woman by the pussy this time!

Photo NOT photoshopped
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 19th, 2024 at 2:24:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Mushrooms transfer syphilis?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2024 at 6:35:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Melania's no longer willing, so I'd guess it's friction burns.
January 20th, 2024 at 2:35:11 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
If a person is a President, the Secret Service needs to wipe all the door knobs and counters, etc. where a bio-weapon could seep in.

I'd say he could be a prime target of the elite.

Maybe wear gloves too.

But it's very interesting all the folks that support the elite.