January 22nd, 2024 at 5:38:15 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: odiousgambit
could be a shortcut to the bathroom, check it out

:)

-----------------

Through the quantum looking glass

A thin device triggers one of quantum mechanics’ strangest and most useful phenomena

SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
“It scrambles all the optical fields,” said Sandia senior scientist Igal Brener, an expert in a field called nonlinear optics who led the Sandia team. Occasionally, he said, a pair of entangled photons at different wavelengths emerge from the sample in the same direction as the incoming laser beam.

Igal said he is excited about this device because it is designed to produce complex webs of entangled photons — not just one pair at a time, but several pairs all entangled together, and some that can be indistinguishable from each other. Some technologies need these complex varieties of so-called multi-entanglement for sophisticated information processing schemes.
https://www.sandia.gov/labnews/2022/09/08/through-the-quantum-looking-glass/

-----------------

Entanglement implies faster than the speed of light.
January 22nd, 2024 at 12:00:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Walmart is giving its store managers a raise for the first time in more than a decade. Starting February 1, store managers will receive a 9 percent pay bump, increasing their average salary from $117,000 to $128,000, with the salary floor rising from $65,000 to $90,000 depending on the store format the manager runs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2024 at 12:02:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Walmart is giving its store managers a raise for the first time in more than a decade. Starting February 1, store managers will receive a 9 percent pay bump, increasing their average salary from $117,000 to $128,000, with the salary floor rising from $65,000 to $90,000 depending on the store format the manager runs.

I sure as hell wouldn't do that job for $128k.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 22nd, 2024 at 12:04:25 PM permalink
rxwine
FedEx is shaking up the e-commerce world with a new data-driven platform named 'fdx.' Engineered to provide online merchants with top-to-bottom e-commerce solutions, this innovative venture is set to revolutionize the supply chain management sphere," RetailWire reported.

The new platform will leverage FedEx's delivery capabilities along with ShopRunner's technology.
"Online sellers, for instance, will be able to provide customers with estimated delivery times during the shopping process. Other features will inform them about the carbon footprint of their supply chain resources and help 'streamline, configure, and manage' returns," the website added.

The new platform was introduced on Jan. 14 at NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show by FedEx CEO Raj Subramaniam
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2024 at 12:09:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
I sure as hell wouldn't do that job for $128k.

DRich plan designed for you.

You get some kid. Tell him he’s an apprentice. Pay him minimum wage out of your salary and probably half your workload is reduced. Watch sports on your phone in the office.
January 22nd, 2024 at 2:01:28 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Is it actually their first raise or the first time that have raised the numbers for all positions while managers could move up and get better pay by being successful in various size stores? I worked in retail for a very short period of time, but one of things they pitched was getting into management and moving up in the food chain to better stores to make more money.
January 22nd, 2024 at 2:53:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Judge Orders Unsealing of Divorce Case Involving Fani Willis’s Alleged Lover

The Mainstream Media has got a hold of the story now and everybody wants to know what's going on. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 22nd, 2024 at 5:40:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Judge Orders Unsealing of Divorce Case Involving Fani Willis’s Alleged Lover

The Mainstream Media has got a hold of the story now and everybody wants to know what's going on. LOL

“Everybody” = the voices in your head?

Funny that none of your fellow righties can even muster up the energy to back you up and pretend to care about this.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 22nd, 2024 at 5:51:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
DRich plan designed for you.

You get some kid. Tell him he’s an apprentice. Pay him minimum wage out of your salary and probably half your workload is reduced. Watch sports on your phone in the office.

Sounds like a good plan but I rarely use my phone for anything besides texting. Every month or so my phone pops up with some usage statistics, I average 8 minutes a day of screen time.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 22nd, 2024 at 7:09:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Legislation to Create Special Georgia Senate Committee to Investigate Fulton County DA Fani Willis

At the least, at the very least she will lose her law license and there's a good chance she's going to jail. You can't do stuff like this when you're a lawyer, lawyers have gone to prison for far less. You cannot hire your unqualified boyfriend to be the lead consul in a felony case, overpay him, then help him spend the money. These are crimes, real crimes, not fake crimes they said Trump did. Plus look at the two of them, he's a nice looking guy, what's he doing screwing around with an ugly Thunder Thigh woman like her. Ick.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.