2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 19th, 2023 at 7:23:52 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Colorado Supreme Court rules that Donny is DISQUALIFIED from running for President and cannot appear on the ballot.

Obviously this will go to the US Supreme Court.

What other states (if any) are trying to do the same thing?
If they succeed, do the Republicans put a different candidate, or no candidate, on the ballot in that state?
I never thought about this…. I have written my own name in for President the last two elections. Does any election official check to make sure I am eligible for the office? Age, born in USA, alive, etc…?
If someone writes in Trump, what happens?

Write in votes are write in votes that go to the candidate written in. If a write in candidate gets enough votes to win an election or win a primary, but is not eligible for office, then I suppose the election officials will deal with that as they would any other person who tries to run and is ineligible.

There are a lot of different ways Donnie winning the primary or the state in the general as a write in that would cause electoral pandemonium.
December 19th, 2023 at 7:26:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Do what I do: vote Libertarian.

They always lose, but hey, at least I vote.

We throw away careers, families and dreams so why not votes?
December 19th, 2023 at 7:26:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
I never said that, I never said they should not be involved in state decisions. The problem with this is, Trump was never found guilty of being involved with insurrection because he was never charged with it. In fact NOBODY who was arrested after January 6th has been charged with insurrection. It's just an incorrect word that the Press throws around. It never happened, that's why nobody's been charged with it let alone Trump. This is why the Supreme Court will throw it out immediately. It's just a political opinion, and political opinions can't keep you off the ballot.

This is all part of the long con. When they planned on stealing the election they also had to make sure Trump had no chance of being reelected because they knew he would go after that. So they set up this phoney baloney insurrection and try to make it look like Trump was behind it so they could hit him with the 14th Amendment and keep him off the ballot. It was so poorly done, so poorly orchestrated that so far not a single person has been charged with Insurrection let alone the president. Colorado Supreme Court knows this will get thrown out, what they want to do is change public opinion with it. But things are too far along for that, Trump could strangle somebody's grandmother on live TV and still get reelected. The same thing is going on with all these court cases, they think of trump is just found guilty of one of them that this will change public opinion. What it will actually do is make Trump even more electable because everybody knows this is a sham. Watch the movie The Sting. They not only had to con the guy out of his money, they had to make it appear there was no way he could go after it once it was gone. Only this long con has totally blown up in their faces.

Gotta agree.with EB on the insurrection part. Even if some of the January 6 idiots were charged and convicted of insurrection, unless Trump is charged and convicted he’s not (legally) an insurrectionist.

I’ve said this before. The people of Colorado are aware of Trumps actions, and should be allowed to vote for him if they want to. If the evidence is so strong what do the Dems have to worry about?
December 19th, 2023 at 7:36:10 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
CNN reporter Stephen Collinson got it spot on

Quote:
At the same time, however, Trump is seeking to draw his critics into a trap. He breaks norms of widely acceptable political speech to create outrage, which invigorates his most fervent supporters and puts his opponents off balance. He knows that his speeches using the imagery of 1930s European fascism cause an explosive reaction in the media, which he can then exploit to argue to his supporters that the “left” is caught up in an conspiracy against him, and by extension, them. The reaction from his critics enables him to stir a response that makes him stronger.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/19/politics/donald-trump-extreme-rhetoric-2024-election/index.html

However they can’t help but continue to walk into the trap, including in this very article.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 20th, 2023 at 3:56:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
CNN reporter Stephen Collinson got it spot on

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/19/politics/donald-trump-extreme-rhetoric-2024-election/index.html

However they can’t help but continue to walk into the trap, including in this very article.

There's no trap at all. Except for anyone who doesn't expect Trump to use every move against him as another excuse to complain about unfairness that would never happen to anyone else.

No one else, except anyone else who wants to act like him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2023 at 4:06:51 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Colorado Supreme Court rules that Donald Trump is disqualified from running for President. Yawn. This is immediately being put before the United States Supreme Court where there's a 99.9% chance it will be overturned for about 25 different reasons. Everybody saw this coming because the Colorado Supreme Court is completely jam-packed with Democrats. It's just another desperate attempt to forestall the inevitable. Trump's re-election.

"The Colorado Supreme Court issued a completely flawed decision tonight and we will swiftly file an appeal to the United States Supreme Court and a concurrent request for a stay of this deeply undemocratic decision. We have full confidence that the U.S. Supreme Court will quickly rule in our favor and finally put an end to these unAmerican lawsuits.”

That looks like a technique to get Trump elected.

Americans love underdogs and their rights.

That could turn TDS patients for Trump.
December 20th, 2023 at 4:12:36 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I never said that, I never said they should not be involved in state decisions. The problem with this is, Trump was never found guilty of being involved with insurrection because he was never charged with it. In fact NOBODY who was arrested after January 6th has been charged with insurrection. It's just an incorrect word that the Press throws around. It never happened, that's why nobody's been charged with it let alone Trump. This is why the Supreme Court will throw it out immediately. It's just a political opinion, and political opinions can't keep you off the ballot.

This is all part of the long con. When they planned on stealing the election they also had to make sure Trump had no chance of being reelected because they knew he would go after that. So they set up this phoney baloney insurrection and try to make it look like Trump was behind it so they could hit him with the 14th Amendment and keep him off the ballot. It was so poorly done, so poorly orchestrated that so far not a single person has been charged with Insurrection let alone the president. Colorado Supreme Court knows this will get thrown out, what they want to do is change public opinion with it. But things are too far along for that, Trump could strangle somebody's grandmother on live TV and still get reelected. The same thing is going on with all these court cases, they think of trump is just found guilty of one of them that this will change public opinion. What it will actually do is make Trump even more electable because everybody knows this is a sham. Watch the movie The Sting. They not only had to con the guy out of his money, they had to make it appear there was no way he could go after it once it was gone. Only this long con has totally blown up in their faces.

With your bottom paragraph, it's too obvious.
December 20th, 2023 at 4:16:58 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Let me think about this for a minute.

What if, instead of trying to disqualify Trump--which really seems like a longshot overall even with this ruling since he has neither been charged with, or convicted of, insurrection and this ruling will be overruled by SCOTUS--the Democrats actually tried to run a candidate that can beat him instead of sticking with the flawed incumbent they are supporting now?

These kind of things, like canceling a primary (which the Democrat party did have the "right" to do even if it does not seem "right") and court cases attempting to make someone guilty of something that they have not been charged with, don't help the current President in any way. There is little help for him. These things only make the folks who were already going to vote for Trump more steadfast in their stance and bring people who question such actions towards him, even if they are tossing their cookies as they vote.

I would toss my cookies voting for either one of the current front runners.

A popular candidate won in 2020. There were lots of reasons behind that, as there always are, but why insist on running someone who is over 80, has lost more than a couple of steps, and is in deep trouble with even his own party as far as support goes.

Trump losing this case (so far) does not help Biden in the least.

I still don't want Trump to be President again but I have no desire for another four years of President Biden, either. Both would be lame duck Presidents. Both would be in their 80's. Neither has a fastball. Both live in weird realities.
December 20th, 2023 at 4:37:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Let me think about this for a minute.

What if, instead of trying to disqualify Trump--which really seems like a longshot overall even with this ruling since he has neither been charged with, or convicted of, insurrection and this ruling will be overruled by SCOTUS--the Democrats actually tried to run a candidate that can beat him instead of sticking with the flawed incumbent they are supporting now?

Dang man, when's the last time the Republicans dumped their incumbent 1st termer who was running, to run another candidate? You make it sound like it's just knocking back a beer at the local drinking establishment. How about you guys getting behind one of your less flawed candidates?

Quote:

These kind of things, like canceling a primary (which the Democrat party did have the "right" to do even if it does not seem "right") and court cases attempting to make someone guilty of something that they have not been charged with, don't help the current President in any way. There is little help for him. These things only make the folks who were already going to vote for Trump more steadfast in their stance and bring people who question such actions towards him, even if they are tossing their cookies as they vote.

I would toss my cookies voting for either one of the current front runners.

A popular candidate won in 2020. There were lots of reasons behind that, as there always are, but why insist on running someone who is over 80, has lost more than a couple of steps, and is in deep trouble with even his own party as far as support goes.

Trump losing this case (so far) does not help Biden in the least.

I still don't want Trump to be President again but I have no desire for another four years of President Biden, either. Both would be lame duck Presidents. Both would be in their 80's. Neither has a fastball. Both live in weird realities.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2023 at 4:44:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Like when Pelosi tore up Trump's speech on camera during the State of the Union speech.

Did she direct more support for Trump or less?