No votes (0%)
2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

April 7th, 2024 at 6:35:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I think I’ve just divided the electorate into sixth’s. All approximate of course.
There’s 2/6 that will vote for Biden solely because he’s a Democrat. There’s 1/6 that will vote for him solely due to their hatred of Trump. There are 0/6 that will vote for Biden because they actually think he is a good choice.
There’s 2/6 that will vote for Trump because they think he is great. There’s 1/6 that will vote for him because he is not a Democrat.

Ugh.
April 8th, 2024 at 3:42:08 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
I think I’ve just divided the electorate into sixth’s. All approximate of course.
There’s 2/6 that will vote for Biden solely because he’s a Democrat. There’s 1/6 that will vote for him solely due to their hatred of Trump. There are 0/6 that will vote for Biden because they actually think he is a good choice.
There’s 2/6 that will vote for Trump because they think he is great. There’s 1/6 that will vote for him because he is not a Democrat.

Ugh.

IF there is an actual conviction or, short of that, some really notable testimony in a trial, the needle will move, Until then, the needle moves for Trump more than Biden because he is getting most of the publicity almost every single day. The cable networks cover him to the point of having whole shows devoted to his trials and ignoring other news. They can cover what they want, but it seems they would also want to try to make President Biden and Vice President Harris look better as opposed to just providing meat for the base who would never vote for Trump even if he was squeaky clean anyway.

All of the news channels and networks have a bias. There is no true "straight shooter" at the network level out there. Maybe a host or correspondent or two that does pretty well, but not a sustained push for news to be unbiased. The newspapers are the same way. We know the internet is manipulated all the time with misinformation. Sure, one can say they get their news outside of cable news but there is a bias in whatever they are reading. The media is part of the divisive poison everyone is subject to hearing.

I realize there are some here who hate for hate's sake, but I believe most people could have decent conversations and agree to disagree without wanting to make a nasty comment or call someone names. The first group is worth nothing to the world. The second group has a bunch of keyboard warriors who are nasty on the internet but lambs if you engage them personally, They won't necessarily agree with you, but they will at least cede a point to you when you make a good one.
April 8th, 2024 at 9:52:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Biden’s polls are getting better.

You know what that means: RCP is in panic mode, excluding polls from their phony average that should be included.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 8th, 2024 at 11:13:37 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Sooooooo....
What are we to make on drumph's clarified opinion on the contentious issue of abortion ( assuming he doesn't flip-flop on it ) ?

Total abortion bans popular with some republicans ( and maybe less Democrats )
Total abortion freedom up to some unspecified time maybe more popular amongst Democrats.

Leaving it up to the state, kicking the can down the road? Letting State leaders decide, but then have to justify their rulings? Leading to women travelling interstate to exercise their rights?

Regardless of the moral argument, did he make the call that strengthens his position, or weakens it?

I honestly don't know, but it occurs to me that states each having different laws feels a recipe for greater unrest.
April 8th, 2024 at 12:07:23 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Biden’s polls are getting better.

You know what that means: RCP is in panic mode, excluding polls from their phony average that should be included.

They should all listen to you...polls mean very little right now. Biden's polling "getting better" is no different than Trump's polling "looking good"...

Why would anyone panic?
April 8th, 2024 at 3:41:04 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Amazing Total Eclipse Video
April 8th, 2024 at 4:16:36 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Very good. :)
April 9th, 2024 at 8:13:53 AM permalink
ams288
We are quickly approaching the four year anniversary of Donny’s “inject bleach” press conference!

Can’t wait for some idiotic righties to pretend he didn’t say what we all quite clearly saw him say on video…
April 9th, 2024 at 10:19:22 AM permalink
RonC
We are quickly approaching the four year anniversary of Donny’s “inject bleach” press conference!

Can’t wait for some idiotic righties to pretend he didn’t say what we all quite clearly saw him say on video…

Oh, heck, I'll be your huckleberry...

"Despite Trump's dubious, conjectural and inarticulate comments, he did not directly suggest that people inject themselves with disinfectant."

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-donald-trump-suggest-people-inject-poison-cure-covid-1619105

"Biden said Trump “told Americans all they had to do was inject bleach in themselves. Just take a shot of UV light.”....

Biden’s statement about Trump contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False."

https://www.wral.com/story/fact-check-biden-says-trump-told-americans-to-inject-bleach-to-treat-covid-19/21351899/

"Terry: So how did you rate this claim by President Biden?

Specht: Mostly false. Trump did mention bringing UV rays and disinfectants into the body, but let's remember what Biden said. He said his predecessor, quote, "told Americans all they had to do was inject bleach in themselves, just take a shot of UV light." That is not what Trump said. It was by no means a demand, an instruction, a recommendation. Trump was speaking off the cuff. And then, scientists say, in an ill-advised way. He was not telling anyone to do anything. He was floating ideas for potential treatments to be tested. That's why we rated Biden's claim that Trump told people to inject bleach mostly false."

https://www.wunc.org/2024-04-03/fact-check-did-trump-once-tell-americans-to-inject-bleach-to-fight-covid-19

At the end of the day, I thought he did suggest it fairly directly but it seems at least some fact checkers don't see it that way.

I did spend most of the time he was on TV during Covid cringing even while applauding the efforts to restrict flights into the country (when I thought it would help, which in hindsight seems to have been too late anyway), getting more PPE and critical medical equipment produced, and getting us to the point of having a vaccine.
April 9th, 2024 at 11:22:56 AM permalink
ams288

Happened faster than anyone could have predicted!