2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

April 4th, 2024 at 5:49:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Will the Democrats wake up?

Will you realize the election is 7 months away?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 4th, 2024 at 5:53:37 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
A couple weeks back, Biden had already campaigned in all swing states but one. So, he's not actually in the basement as will probably still be claimed.

Nothing else he can do in my opinion. The campaign events, and the usual stuff will go into full swing soon enough.

He'd have to have some magic powers to say something or do something at this point that would magically bring him more votes, IMO.

The Biden campaign will not be a "candidate forward" type affair like the Obama campaigns. Biden used to be able to stir up a crowd but, no matter what anyone says about his mental state, he is just not the kind of speaker these days that moves the needle as much as he used to do or Obama did do.

I am not going to say it will be a "basement campaign" again but the team supporting him needs to get speeches together that can overcome the negatives. He'll get votes for abortion issues being on the ballots but that isn't enough. He isn't in dire trouble yet; it is still way early.

I am not sure that avoiding a debate will be a good thing...we shall see...

Biden will only lose if his team does not figure out ways to sell what the President as accomplished in office. That is different from just saying what bills and orders have been passed or signed--it is about selling it to the voters who are still thinking about who to vote for this year.

Hillary does not help with stupid comments like "just get over it...".
April 4th, 2024 at 9:18:08 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC

She's right, though. The people yapping about Biden-Trump II are the same people who voted for it in the first place.
April 4th, 2024 at 9:18:08 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC

She's right, though. The people yapping about Biden-Trump II are the same people who voted for it in the first place.
April 4th, 2024 at 1:58:18 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: ams288
Will you realize the election is 7 months away?
I'm afraid that I still agree with SooPoo. Nothing is moving the needle in Biden's direction. If the needle was rocking back and forth we could claim that some random variance could swing it for biden, but the needle is steady and creeping drumph's way.

You guys are going to get the president your system deserves. Unless something seismic happens. And seismic events could push it either way.

Not optimistic at all.
April 4th, 2024 at 2:48:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: OnceDear

You guys are going to get the president your system deserves.

That is just rude.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 4th, 2024 at 2:50:13 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: GenoDRPh

Being right is not enough. She says things that she believes but that are absolutely the wrong thing to say to get more people on the side you want them to join.

Trump does stupid stuff a lot. Ignoring the stupid things Biden or his supporters have said is a mistake...they need to tighten their lips and get a message across without looking petty.

You are not fighting for your base, you are fighting for the undecided. "Get over it". Your not Black", etc. are not how you get there.
April 4th, 2024 at 2:51:04 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: DRich
That is just rude.

Why? Don't most countries get the leader their system deserves?
April 4th, 2024 at 2:53:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: OnceDear
I'm afraid that I still agree with SooPoo. Nothing is moving the needle in Biden's direction.

?

People who actually analyze polls for a living have a different assessment.

Quote: @NateCohn
With the power of my new unsolicited blue checkmark, I will note that the Marquette/SSRS poll this morning was one of the best in a while for Joe Biden. On balance, the case is getting pretty decent that Biden ticked up a bit over the last month
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2024 at 3:26:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
almost all the news is partisan today of course, and I can't help but notice each side will find polls that support the idea that their candidate is winning or at least doing better, while the other guy is slipping

Is this because it will help get votes? Or is it just to make themselves feel better?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]