2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

April 6th, 2024 at 9:49:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: GenoDRPh

If you are going to read then read the whole thing. To try and make the article negative to Trump they claim he didn't order 20,000 National Guard troops. That might even be true. You go to the bottom of the article where they admit that Trump did his job. Troops were on site and the Trump had authorized Miller to do what ever was necessary days before. What part of that are you faulting Trump for? He did his friggin job.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 6th, 2024 at 10:04:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
What part of that are you faulting Trump for?

The part where he told his violent mob to go to the Capitol.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2024 at 2:00:54 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: GenoDRPh
Jan 6 was an attempted insurrection. The stated goals of many of the participants was to prevent the counting of the electoral votes by the joint session of Congress, prevent Job Biden from taking office and keep Trump as President. Even if it had no chance of success, the attempt was made and I am not aware of "nonzero chance of success" being necessary for a conviction of criminal charges. The convictions for seditious conspiracy are exhibit A.

To actually take over, in an insurrection or a coup, requires way more organization and thought than any of the stupid things done that day. They had no shot at keeping Biden from becoming President as well as no chance of Trump remaining President.

You can stretch the definitions as far as you want, but there were very few of the thousands that protested and then rioted who got up that morning and said they were taking over the government. Those people were, and should have been, punished harshly. They still had no organization in place to actually complete at a take over and no plan to move forward if they did.

To me, it was a riot and idiots were punished for it. That does not always happen.

Preventing the voting would not have changed or delayed the inevitable inauguration of President Biden.

I have no worries...Biden and Trump will be done after this election one way or the other, and we can go to the next step in 2028.
April 6th, 2024 at 4:17:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
April 6th, 2024 at 4:43:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
The part where he told his violent mob to go to the Capitol.

The voices in ams’ head…. No one else can seem to hear them…..
April 6th, 2024 at 7:22:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
The voices in ams’ head…. No one else can seem to hear them…..

Are you trying to whitewash Jan 6th now too?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2024 at 8:24:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Aren't we still suppose to get testimony from Trump's chief of staff assuming the trial finally gets underway. I expect more to come, and I don't think it's going to help exonerate Trump.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 7th, 2024 at 3:21:30 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: missedhervee

He forgot his other hero. https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/adolf-hitlers-time-in-landsberg-prison/

I'm sure drumph has an image of prison life in his head, but it would be funny if he got a rude awakening.

Probably thinking it would be like a low grade 5* hotel, where his security detail sit in the next room on one side and his entourage and valet on the other. I prefer to imagine him very much alone in his orange suit with nothing but a dirty steel toilet and a smelly bunk bed.

A brief stint in a cell might help his popularity, but would require him to make self sacrifice. Bring it on.
April 7th, 2024 at 9:26:06 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Are you trying to whitewash Jan 6th now too?

Me? I wanted the death penalty for those that stormed the Capitol. I’ve just read/heard/followed everything dumbo Trump said. I’m still waiting for a SINGLE smoking gun example to be presented.

I can’t find one where he asked anyone to commit any crime. You may want to blame (criminally ) the Orange Oaf for people that worship him for being beyond stupid. It just doesn’t work that way for me.
April 7th, 2024 at 9:45:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's too bad no one informs Trump about stuff that went on around him.

Quote:
When Comrade Stalin ruled in the Kremlin, his many apologists and admirers could never bring themselves to admit that he was responsible for the many terrible acts of the Soviet Union. Indeed, they often insisted that he could not possibly have known about such things as the deliberate starvation of millions of Ukrainians, the purge trials and executions of loyal communist officials, and the operation of the vast prison-camp system termed by writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn as The Gulag Archipelago.

Joseph Stalin couldn’t possibly have known, they said. If he had known, he’d have put a stop to it all. Or maybe not. Maybe he knew, but couldn’t stop it, because evil people with great power were doing it. Lavrentiy Beria, for example …

{mosads}And yet, given the totalitarian nature of the Soviet Union, it was obvious that Stalin not only knew, but was the driving force behind the Kremlin’s crimes against its own citizens.

Yet again, while it might have been obvious, when Stalin died, millions mourned him, and their mourning was genuine, impassioned and heartfelt. It’s worth pondering the popularity of totalitarian leaders, and not fall into the comfortable but misleading trap of assuming that the supreme leader and his henchmen either don’t know what’s really going on, or, because of presumed internal divisions, can’t stop it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?