2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

February 24th, 2024 at 5:22:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
What’s that?

Donny underperforming his polls again in SC.

Yes he won, but the margin seems smaller than everyone was predicting.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 24th, 2024 at 6:49:04 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
What’s that?

Haley got less than 2 points more and Trump less than a point less then the latest RCP figures. Pretty friggin close I would say.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 25th, 2024 at 3:28:57 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
What’s that?

AMS, Once again, I admire your optimism, but The evidence is mounting that the lunatics really have taken over the asylum. trump will get to be the GOP nominee. That's unstoppable. And in the absence of a fit opponent, he'll get his place as your country's dictator.

Look forward to the damage he can do in four years in office. 2016-2020 was just a rehearsal and a few adults in the room held back his crazier antics. I can't see a single adult even being allowed into the room next time he takes the helm.

All hope is gone...... Well maybe he can totally destroy the GOP, so it's not all bad.
February 25th, 2024 at 4:19:45 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: OnceDear
AMS, Once again, I admire your optimism, but The evidence is mounting that the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Oh lord, I am one of the most pessimistic people you could ever meet!
February 25th, 2024 at 4:58:56 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Oh lord, I am one of the most pessimistic people you could ever meet!

I'll see your pessimism and raise you despair! $;o)
February 25th, 2024 at 5:07:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
All hope is gone...... Well maybe he can totally destroy the GOP, so it's not all bad.

No, that is ALL bad. It is a nightmare scenario. Not getting beaten--I anticipate Trump losing to Biden in a close race and that Trump's ability to lose lower level elections will give the House and Senate to the Democrats. That can be survived, though it will be rough.

Destroying the GOP? That would be a country-killer. Progressives are great. They have lots of ideas. Some of them may even be good if done right. They want to do lots of things. If they are allowed to go unchecked, those ideas will destroy the country. The barrier against that is the other party. The other party guards against things going too far off the rails either way.

The GOP does suck overall right now. They don't know who they are and they don't have a coherent message. They don't learn. I don't anticipate that changing much until Trump is out of the picture. The threats to destroy another speakership is just plain idiocy--the Democrats will willingly help them do that, which makes it a stupid idea right off the bat. I am not saying the Speaker is good, but you can't fire "average" and go to "worse", which is what they already did.

We also have a bunch of weak individuals in office. Any politician who gets elected and then suffers a setback and then decides to take his ball and go home is a piece of dung, You stay until your term is over, you fight the good fight, and then you don't run for reelection. You don't take just let the voters who elected you in the lurch because your panties are in a wad. (Exceptions, of course, for true medical issues...but many members try to fight through those).

Anyway, the GOP is in for a tough time the next few years. That will be bad for the country because unchecked power leads to some horrible results.
February 25th, 2024 at 7:50:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
AMS, Once again, I admire your optimism, but The evidence is mounting that the lunatics really have taken over the asylum. trump will get to be the GOP nominee. That's unstoppable. And in the absence of a fit opponent, he'll get his place as your country's dictator.

Look forward to the damage he can do in four years in office. 2016-2020 was just a rehearsal and a few adults in the room held back his crazier antics. I can't see a single adult even being allowed into the room next time he takes the helm.

So if he gets elected, meaning more people vote for him than Biden (electoral college….) then he is now a dictator? But if Biden wins (electoral college) he is just President but not ‘dictator’. Sure…..

And I lived in the real USA last Trump administration. UNTIL COVID, things were going great. And most Americans were aware, AND REMEMBER. I wholeheartedly agree Trump is morally and mentally unfit to be President. But in OUR country, there are checks and balances that held him in check, and will do so again if he somehow wins. Did he get rid of Obamacare? Did he get us into any wars? Did he oust a single Democrat Senator/Congressman? No,…. And if re-elected, he won’t this time. He only signs legislation presented to him. So ANY law must first be agreed to by the majority of Congressmen, as well as 60 + Senators to override a filibuster.

Trump will ONLY win because there will be enough centrists/independents who just are so fed up with the Democrat platform. The number of ‘Trumpers’ is not that high. He’ll get no true Democrats, and just yesterday 40% of the Republicans voted for someone else. (South Carolina).

You are right about him destroying the GOP. If it wasn’t for him sabotaging Georgia we’d still have Majority leader McConnell instead of Shumer. Many other similar examples.
February 26th, 2024 at 3:11:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
So if he gets elected, meaning more people vote for him than Biden (electoral college….) then he is now a dictator? But if Biden wins (electoral college) he is just President but not ‘dictator’. Sure…..

And I lived in the real USA last Trump administration. UNTIL COVID, things were going great. And most Americans were aware, AND REMEMBER. I wholeheartedly agree Trump is morally and mentally unfit to be President. But in OUR country, there are checks and balances that held him in check, and will do so again if he somehow wins. Did he get rid of Obamacare? Did he get us into any wars? Did he oust a single Democrat Senator/Congressman? No,…. And if re-elected, he won’t this time. He only signs legislation presented to him. So ANY law must first be agreed to by the majority of Congressmen, as well as 60 + Senators to override a filibuster.

Trump will ONLY win because there will be enough centrists/independents who just are so fed up with the Democrat platform. The number of ‘Trumpers’ is not that high. He’ll get no true Democrats, and just yesterday 40% of the Republicans voted for someone else. (South Carolina).

You are right about him destroying the GOP. If it wasn’t for him sabotaging Georgia we’d still have Majority leader McConnell instead of Shumer. Many other similar examples.

Trump will never have more people vote for him than Biden or any Democrat. If he wins it will be an electoral college victory. (Trump has never won the popular vote, and that will not change now.)
February 27th, 2024 at 9:50:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
https://apple.news/AtKe5e83wSWGuKTbipM8Gvg

The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason.
Momentum in the job market picked up aggressively over the past year — all while Washington is deadlocked on a border deal.
Immigration has propelled the U.S. job market further than just about anyone expected, helping cement the country’s economic rebound from the pandemic as the most robust in the world.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 28th, 2024 at 4:24:19 AM permalink
ams288
Quote:
Republican Michigan primary polling/projections—

Five Thirty Eight: Trump +58
Real Clear Politics: Trump +62

Actual results: +42

A 16-20% polling miss is fine, right?