2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

February 22nd, 2024 at 5:29:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
I’m just spitballin here, but maybe Nancy Pelosi isn’t the world’s biggest expert on presidential powers…

Actually, she was right. The Supreme Court ruled that the plan he had in place was not legal.

What he is doing now is on firmer ground legally and it likely not even a "loophole."

It was probably okay to do this three years ago before the illegal plan was even taken to court.

It was probably okay to keep the border as secure as it was when he came into office.

It was probably fine to set a longer term goal that made sense for electric vehicles instead of the 2030 goal.

Three years in and he has suddenly found religion.
February 22nd, 2024 at 5:38:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
What he is doing now is on firmer ground legally and it likely not even a "loophole."

Your two posts are at odds with themselves.

Nancy Pelosi said that he didn't have the power to do things like that, but why follow any rules?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 22nd, 2024 at 8:07:01 AM permalink
RonC
Your two posts are at odds with themselves.

One was incorrect based on additional research.
February 22nd, 2024 at 1:42:10 PM permalink
RonC
"‘Ridiculous!’ MSNBC’s Claire McCaskill Throws a Tantrum Over NYT Fact Check of Biden"

"And can I make a suggestion? I move that every newspaper in America quits doing any fact checks on Joe Biden until they fact check Donald Trump every morning on the front page. It is ridiculous that the New York Times fact check Joe Biden on something. I mean, he vomits lies, Trump vomits lies. And he, every day over and over and over again. And it’s just ridiculous that the New York Times is doing a fact check on Biden while they let Trump- they’re numb to the torrent of lies coming out of Trump’s mouth."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ridiculous-msnbcs-claire-mccaaskill-throws-a-tantrum-over-nyt-fact-check-of-biden/

At least the hosts checked her a little bit on this ridiculous position.

Fact check everyone.

I don't know much about this source but this is a direct quote and matches up to a clip I saw of her stating this position.

Hide. Don't do debates. Call one question a press conference. Gaslight people by saying how well you have done at the border. Change some policies after three years of saying they were great.

Yes, Trump lies. The truth is that the only reason there is even a chance of Trump becoming President again is...Biden.

He isn't nearly as good as many want to think he is...
February 22nd, 2024 at 2:23:11 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
"‘Ridiculous!’ MSNBC’s Claire McCaskill Throws a Tantrum Over NYT Fact Check of Biden"

"And can I make a suggestion? I move that every newspaper in America quits doing any fact checks on Joe Biden until they fact check Donald Trump every morning on the front page. It is ridiculous that the New York Times fact check Joe Biden on something. I mean, he vomits lies, Trump vomits lies. And he, every day over and over and over again. And it’s just ridiculous that the New York Times is doing a fact check on Biden while they let Trump- they’re numb to the torrent of lies coming out of Trump’s mouth."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ridiculous-msnbcs-claire-mccaaskill-throws-a-tantrum-over-nyt-fact-check-of-biden/

At least the hosts checked her a little bit on this ridiculous position.

Fact check everyone.

I don't know much about this source but this is a direct quote and matches up to a clip I saw of her stating this position.

Hide. Don't do debates. Call one question a press conference. Gaslight people by saying how well you have done at the border. Change some policies after three years of saying they were great.

Yes, Trump lies. The truth is that the only reason there is even a chance of Trump becoming President again is...Biden.

He isn't nearly as good as many want to think he is...

Um, it's Trump who won't debate, and it's Republicans who sue over fact-checjing. Have anythng to say about that, or just Democrats?
February 22nd, 2024 at 3:35:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny knowingly tried to infect Biden with Covid at their first debate in 2020.

Now he’s facing 91 felony indictments.

In no universe should he be allowed on stage with POTUS. If they debate, it should be done virtually or something. He’s a security risk.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 22nd, 2024 at 3:42:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: GenoDRPh
Um, it's Trump who won't debate, and it's Republicans who sue over fact-checjing. Have anythng to say about that, or just Democrats?

Trump was smart on NOT debating his Republican rivals. He’s ahead of them by like a billion points. He will ABSOLUTELY debate Biden unless Biden figures out a way to avoid having debates. Trump is either a little ahead, or a little behind, or tied with Biden right now. Whether true or not, I AM SURE Trump thinks he’s the best debater in the history of civilization. As best I can remember Biden didn’t debate with any potential Democrat challenger for this cycle. For basically the same reason Trump eschewed debating any Republicans.
February 22nd, 2024 at 4:53:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Since it doesn't matter to me what Trump says as a candidate, I don't care if he debates Biden. Nor how the debate turns out if he did.

Of course, I don't care as far as voting for him which I would never do anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2024 at 2:48:03 AM permalink
RonC
Donny knowingly tried to infect Biden with Covid at their first debate in 2020.

Now he’s facing 91 felony indictments.

In no universe should he be allowed on stage with POTUS. If they debate, it should be done virtually or something. He’s a security risk.

According to the Meadows book info I see online, he tested "Negative" on a second, supposedly more accurate, test before the debate took place. Saying he tried to murder his opposition is a little out there.

"“Well, the president’s right, it’s fake news,” Meadows said. “If you actually read the book, the context of it, that story outlined a false positive. Literally he had a test, had two other tests after that that showed that he didn’t have COVID during the debate.”"

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-donald-trump-joe-biden-health-campaigns-0f7315791a3ead1919842c894bedb68f

COVID was still going wild at that point and the debate probably should have been conducted in a different manner no matter the status of everyone involved. None of the testing could tell when any of them may have been exposed to COVID.

There is a presumption of innocence that still exists here. None of the charges are for violent actions. He didn't stay in the White House when his term ended.

There is no good reason for them not to debate in a normal setting at this point.
February 23rd, 2024 at 2:55:50 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: GenoDRPh

When did Trump say that he would nor debate Biden? Both declined to debate in the primaries.

Calling for a President to not be fact checked is a lot different than someone suing if they thought that they had a case. It is a chilling attempt to tell the media how to act. I guess in your world it is only chilling if Trump does it.