2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

January 30th, 2024 at 6:39:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
If someone who lives in, say Buffalo NY, can’t shut up about the southern border, I’d recommend them 1) getting a life, 2) seeking psychiatric help, and 3) turning off Fox News.

I would recommend that anyone that thinks about politics more than once a week also needs to get a life.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 31st, 2024 at 3:29:45 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Just after the New Year, I downloaded the form to request a mail in ballot for all elections in Massachusetts for 2024. I completed it, signed it and mailed it in that same week. Today, Jan 31 I received the mail in ballot for my chosen political party for own primary. I completed said ballot, I placed the ballot in the inner envelope provided, signed the envelop, printed my name and wrote my address. I placed the inner envelope with the ballot enclosed in the mailing envelope provided-postage paid. I will leave for the letter carrier tomorrow. I suppose I could walk it to the town hall, which is a block from my house. But I hurt my foot and we're having a cold snap and I'm beginning to dislike the cold more and more. There is a website maintained by the MA Sec of State where you can track you ballot-mailed out, received, accepted, rejected, counted, etc so you can see if you vote counted or if you have to cure of even go vote in person if your ballot was lost in the mail. The process could not be more user friendly. I don't see why states can't make their voting procedures more like ours. It would show respect for the voters and candidates and the process, which has enough safeguards that allegations of shenanigans go nowhere.

There is a wrinkle. My co-resident died suddenly December 19, 2023. Since death certificates are transmitted to the city/town where the decedent lived and where they died. she was removed from the voter rolls almost immediately after the death certificate transmitted to the town clerk. Even if she died after the ballots were sent out, or if she completed it and mailed it back, the town clerk would've rejected it. It is an efficient, reliable and error-proof process. So, here in MA, no ballots for dead people. Don't know why all states can't implement this. It would shut the trouble makers up.
January 31st, 2024 at 5:29:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: GenoDRPh
Just after the New Year, I downloaded the form to request a mail in ballot for all elections in Massachusetts for 2024. I completed it, signed it and mailed it in that same week. Today, Jan 31 I received the mail in ballot for my chosen political party for own primary. I completed said ballot, I placed the ballot in the inner envelope provided, signed the envelop, printed my name and wrote my address. I placed the inner envelope with the ballot enclosed in the mailing envelope provided-postage paid. I will leave for the letter carrier tomorrow. I suppose I could walk it to the town hall, which is a block from my house. But I hurt my foot and we're having a cold snap and I'm beginning to dislike the cold more and more. There is a website maintained by the MA Sec of State where you can track you ballot-mailed out, received, accepted, rejected, counted, etc so you can see if you vote counted or if you have to cure of even go vote in person if your ballot was lost in the mail. The process could not be more user friendly. I don't see why states can't make their voting procedures more like ours. It would show respect for the voters and candidates and the process, which has enough safeguards that allegations of shenanigans go nowhere.

There is a wrinkle. My co-resident died suddenly December 19, 2023. Since death certificates are transmitted to the city/town where the decedent lived and where they died. she was removed from the voter rolls almost immediately after the death certificate transmitted to the town clerk. Even if she died after the ballots were sent out, or if she completed it and mailed it back, the town clerk would've rejected it. It is an efficient, reliable and error-proof process. So, here in MA, no ballots for dead people. Don't know why all states can't implement this. It would shut the trouble makers up.

So goon standing beside you didn't break your leg once you voted the way he wanted? Or did he just give you some free drugs?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 31st, 2024 at 5:42:20 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: kenarman
So goon standing beside you didn't break your leg once you voted the way he wanted? Or did he just give you some free drugs?

You're not serious, are you?
January 31st, 2024 at 5:42:20 PM permalink
GenoDRPh

January 31st, 2024 at 5:43:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The MAGA war on Taylor Swift is paying dividends (for Dems).

Biden holds six-point national lead over Trump, fueled by female voters: poll

Quick, kenarman! Go refresh RCP. That’ll make you feel better!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 31st, 2024 at 6:49:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: GenoDRPh

How do I know that wasn't the case?
January 31st, 2024 at 8:16:03 PM permalink
kenarman
Bloomberg swing state polls

Georgia: Trump 49, Biden 41
Arizona: Trump 47, Biden 44
Wisconsin: Trump 49, Biden 44
North Carolina: Trump 49, Biden 39
Michigan: Trump 47, Biden 42
Pennsylvania: Trump 48, Biden 45
Nevada: Trump 48, Biden 40
January 31st, 2024 at 8:30:37 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
How do I know that wasn't the case?

That what the voices in your head tell you, or is it that's how you run your elections?
February 1st, 2024 at 4:58:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
If someone who lives in, say Buffalo NY, can’t shut up about the southern border, I’d recommend them 1) getting a life, 2) seeking psychiatric help, and 3) turning off Fox News.

Buffalo is being stressed by large numbers of migrants. Apparently NYC has sent many busses of migrants our way. Asking me to shut up because I point out how foolish most of your posts are is no reason to need any help. I almost never watch Fox News. Notice your post adds absolutely nothing to the conversation (as usual), while my previous post points out the facts of the situation. You are getting worse at posting anything of value. Why is that?