2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

January 30th, 2024 at 9:26:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
Why the Republicans might win in 2024…. The Democrats are now trying to frame the Republicans as obstructing the Democrats from passing a bill to shore up the border.

I read some of the details. Biden would have the ability to ‘shut down the border’. Apparently, by “shutting it down”, they would still allow 1400 migrants a day to cross!!!! So a SHUTDOWN still allows 1400 to cross seeking ‘asylum’! Of course that doesn’t even include the hundreds a day that cross illegally, which the Biden administration wants to make EASIER by eliminating barbed wire, and water borne obstructions.

The people will speak. We shall see if they are stupid enough to be fooled into thinking the Democrats really want border security/control.

I think Senator Lankford said that they would allow "up to" 5,000 per day. The number of available appointments for asylum has been increased to 1,450 recently.

". And it includes a fail-safe mechanism that would shut down migrant intake altogether if the system became overwhelmed, a level that officials put at more than 5,000 daily encounters with people trying to cross the border."

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/22/us/politics/border-deal-parole-money-senate-talks.html

"U.S. Customs and Border Protection today announced the expansion of available appointments for noncitizens through the CBP One™ app to 1,450 per day, up from 1,250. "

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-one-appointments-increased-1450-day

When these negotiations fail, can the Republicans turn it on the Democrats? The Democrats are already trying to claim they are trying to great things but the House GOP won't cooperate.

I have little confidence in the ability of Republicans to take a strong stand and tell the story in a way that resonates.
January 30th, 2024 at 10:40:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I don’t give a s*** about the border, but I think any idiot can see the GOP is purposefully stonewalling any potential immigration deal because they think it’s a winning issue for them come Nov.

Hell, that weird little creeper speaker of the house admitted it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 30th, 2024 at 1:22:52 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
I don’t give a s*** about the border, but I think any idiot can see the GOP is purposefully stonewalling any potential immigration deal because they think it’s a winning issue for them come Nov.

Hell, that weird little creeper speaker of the house admitted it.

Just like the President thinks he can do nothing for three years and suddenly notice that there is a crisis and force some bad policy on the situation.

Did he just wake up one morning and realize it was an issue? He's the one who allowed it to get to the point we have reached.

Congress is screwy, and has been no matter who is in power for years, but the immediate border situation can be addressed by the President by Executive Order. Kind of like Obama kept control and deported a lot of people.

Any idiot can see that Biden is getting religion on the border issue right when it seems to be a larger election issue than they thought it would become.
January 30th, 2024 at 1:40:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
Just like the President thinks he can do nothing for three years and suddenly notice that there is a crisis and force some bad policy on the situation.

Did he just wake up one morning and realize it was an issue? He's the one who allowed it to get to the point we have reached.

Congress is screwy, and has been no matter who is in power for years, but the immediate border situation can be addressed by the President by Executive Order. Kind of like Obama kept control and deported a lot of people.

Any idiot can see that Biden is getting religion on the border issue right when it seems to be a larger election issue than they thought it would become.

Thank you. We will see if ‘any idiot’ admits this…. I’ll wait….

You really have to be an idiot if you think the Dems are sincere on ANY border issue…
January 30th, 2024 at 2:38:13 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0

You really have to be an idiot if you think the Dems are sincere on ANY border issue…

It's the GOP that refuses to pass a border law.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/30/politics/speaker-johnson-border-deal-senate/index.html
January 30th, 2024 at 3:30:33 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Sanctuary cities will be the first to lose their sanitation departments.

Sanitation is the most important thing, because disease can spread.

They need to get their local military protecting them.

Because if a sanctuary city loads another 1 million illegals more than they already had, onto a sanitation system in a short time period, that's dangerous.
January 30th, 2024 at 3:45:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: GenoDRPh

You are just so gullible. The ‘border bill’ will still allow a MINIMUM of 1400 migrants to enter our country every day. Despite all the places they will likely go to (NYC, Chicago, etc..) declaring they have no money/facilities/housing for them. That 1400 is just the FAKE asylum seekers. Doesn’t even include the literally hundreds of thousands who sneak by the porous border annually. The Dems don’t want barbed wire. Don’t want waterborne blocks. Don’t want …..security. It’s really unbelievable that this proposed bill is an IMPROVEMENT on the current Democrat farce of a border.

Trump, the worst human to ever be President, is actually ahead of Biden because enough Americans aren’t as gullible as your post indicates you must be. Go ahead and try and convince anyone who has paid ANY attention over the Trump and Biden administrations that Biden actually cares about securing the border. Good freaking luck.
January 30th, 2024 at 3:54:03 PM permalink
ams288

Jcw and Shrek don’t post here anymore.
January 30th, 2024 at 4:30:10 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
You are just so gullible. The ‘border bill’ will still allow a MINIMUM of 1400 migrants to enter our country every day. Despite all the places they will likely go to (NYC, Chicago, etc..) declaring they have no money/facilities/housing for them. That 1400 is just the FAKE asylum seekers. Doesn’t even include the literally hundreds of thousands who sneak by the porous border annually. The Dems don’t want barbed wire. Don’t want waterborne blocks. Don’t want …..security. It’s really unbelievable that this proposed bill is an IMPROVEMENT on the current Democrat farce of a border.

Trump, the worst human to ever be President, is actually ahead of Biden because enough Americans aren’t as gullible as your post indicates you must be. Go ahead and try and convince anyone who has paid ANY attention over the Trump and Biden administrations that Biden actually cares about securing the border. Good freaking luck.

Here we see the problems with the modern GOP. They are so wrapped up in their xenophobia and racism that they believe lies and refuse to actually solve problems.
January 30th, 2024 at 4:41:25 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: GenoDRPh
Here we see the problems with the modern GOP. They are so wrapped up in their xenophobia and racism that they believe lies and refuse to actually solve problems.

If someone who lives in, say Buffalo NY, can’t shut up about the southern border, I’d recommend them 1) getting a life, 2) seeking psychiatric help, and 3) turning off Fox News.