The Biden Presidency 2022

January 21st, 2022 at 12:54:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Here is a fascinating poll:

Joe Manchin is a necessary evil for the Dems. Ain’t no other Democrat winning a statewide race in WV.

Kyrsten Sinema, on the other hand, can enjoy her primary in 2024.

Bingo on Manchin. If he wanted to, he could really screw the Dems RIGHT NOW by deciding to caucus with the Republicans, and that would essentially make McConnell the Senate MAJORITY leader, not minority leader.

I don't have much insight on Arizona politics, but if only Dems get to vote in the Dem primary there, it is certainly possible she does not get re-nominated. I think any leftie that would beat her would lose to whatever Republican is running. But this is SO premature. If the Republicans get to 51 in the Senate in 2022, Manchin and Sinema will become likely the LEAST powerful Senators. Their own caucus will hate them.
January 22nd, 2022 at 4:15:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Sadly, you and I just can't up and nominate Paul Ryan for President. Apparently he'd have a near impossible time winning the Republican nomination as an 'anti - Trumper'. I do believe a Ryan/Haley ticket would crush a Biden/Harris ticket. But we won't get to find out.

Maybe, maybe not. I think Trump dying at some point this year could open the door. Preferably natural causes, of course.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 22nd, 2022 at 4:24:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Here is a fascinating poll:

Joe Manchin is a necessary evil for the Dems. Ain’t no other Democrat winning a statewide race in WV.

Kyrsten Sinema, on the other hand, can enjoy her primary in 2024.

I said that about Manchin months ago. I'm honestly surprised his favorability is so low, assuming that poll can be believed. On the other hand, Joe Manchin is in his mid-70's, so who even knows if he's going to seek reelection when the time comes?

ADDED: I just noticed the sample size of 550. I'm quite confident Manchin would perform better in a larger sample, but maybe not.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 22nd, 2022 at 5:43:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146

ADDED: I just noticed the sample size of 550. I'm quite confident Manchin would perform better in a larger sample, but maybe not.

Probably not
Coal miners union supports BBB
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2022 at 5:42:40 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Saturday funnies

Let's go Brandon
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:11:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Moving from 2021 thread.

If I was Putin, I probably also would have calculated that Biden's exit from Afghanistan was an indication he strongly didn't want to get involved in another war, and in combination with his decline in popularity and political divisiveness going on, that it was a good time to go for Ukraine. I think Putin might have miscalculated the options from Biden aside from direct conflict. But we'll see,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2022 at 2:40:53 PM permalink
fleaswatter
You know it's bad when Chuck Todd reports the following:

Let's go Brandon
January 24th, 2022 at 3:20:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
LMAOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1485741499283296265?s=21

Fox's Peter Doocy: "Do you think inflation is a political liability in the midterms?"

Biden: "It's a great asset—more inflation. What a stupid son of a bitch."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 24th, 2022 at 3:28:04 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
If I was Putin, I probably also would have calculated that Biden's exit from Afghanistan was an indication he strongly didn't want to get involved in another wa

I don't think so.

Biden has always had a hard on for Russia; we had no business being in Afghanistan and he made the right move in getting our of that graveyard of empires ASAP.

No, we won't nuke Russia if they invade Ukraine but the consequences for Russia will be dire, economically and politically.

Putin won't get the buffer around his border that he desires; it will be interesting to see if he follows through with his plan to put Russian installations in Cuba and South America.
January 25th, 2022 at 6:42:06 AM permalink
fleaswatter
LMAOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1485741499283296265?s=21

Fox's Peter Doocy: "Do you think inflation is a political liability in the midterms?"

Biden: "It's a great asset—more inflation. What a stupid son of a bitch."

Hmmm, I wonder who said the following:

"I am not joking when I say this, if you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot, "On the spot. No ifs, ands or buts."

I guess the phrases: : "do as I say, not as I do" and " practice what you preach" do not apply to the hypocrite dear leader poopy pants crop dusting house plant dementia joey bidumb.

Let's go Brandon