The Biden Presidency 2022

January 21st, 2022 at 4:55:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody here Captain poopy pants at his 9-hour press conference yesterday say that he's worried that the 2022 midterm elections will be illegitimate and stolen. The Press is going crazy with this because why would he say that. He said it because he knows the 2020 elections were stolen and if they can do it the other side can do it. The White House today was in full backtrack mode actually saying he never said it. I've seen the video over and over he said it all right. And he meant it. The Republicans don't have to steal the election it's already in the bag. No president t with runaway inflation like this has ever held onto Congress in the midterms

First you complain that he never does press conferences, then you complain about them being too long. Why don't you just consolidate all of your thoughts into a signature that says, "Everything that Joe Biden does is wrong under all possible sets of circumstances regardless of what it is."?

Why would he say that? I have no idea, why did Trump say that? Welcome to what happens when you open the door to BS of this nature. I think what he is claiming is that, without the voting rights legislation (two different bills) passing, the vote will be artificially restricted and the election will, therefore, be stolen in some areas. That's mostly untrue, of course. It might be entirely untrue.

This guy lost a Florida Election by 59 percentage points and challenges the result:

https://www.businessinsider.com/florida-republican-mariner-wont-concede-cherfilus-mccormick-house-race-landslide-2022-1

So, why the hell not? Let's just every single candidate that loses from now on claim some sort of fraud or irregularity.

What do you mean, "If one side can do it (actually steal it) the other side can do it?" That doesn't even make sense. Do you have any idea how much of an orchestrated and under-the-table effort would be required to steal an election? Not only that, but then you have to get all of the judges on board in the jurisdictions in which there might be a legal challenge. Oh...and it also requires that nobody breaks rank and whistleblows. Can you imagine that? You think that the 2020 Election was stolen (I believe) and not even so much as one whistleblower. That's amazing!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 21st, 2022 at 4:57:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: missedhervee
Just curious: who now is the most likely republican to challenge Trump's apparent hold on the party and then go on to victory?

I'd actually welcome a level-headed moderate republican at the helm.

Paul Ryan 2024!!!!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 21st, 2022 at 5:57:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Paul Ryan 2024!!!!

Said no libertarian ever.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 21st, 2022 at 6:03:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Said no libertarian ever.

I'm a Libertarian and I said that. I think we could use a dose of Conservative fiscal policy and the social battles that needed to be won are mostly, if not entirely, won. Ryan is pragmatic enough to regard many of the social shifts of the last twenty years as settled matter, I would think.

Besides, do you think I'm insane enough to actually believe a Libertarian could win in 2024, or ever?
January 21st, 2022 at 6:13:02 AM permalink
ams288
Ryan is pragmatic enough to regard many of the social shifts of the last twenty years as settled matter, I would think.

Which is why he’d never win the GOP nomination.

Also, he’s “retired” from politics (aka making tons of cash doing absolutely nothing on the boards of corrupt companies).
January 21st, 2022 at 6:17:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Which is why he’d never win the GOP nomination.

Also, he’s “retired” from politics (aka making tons of cash doing absolutely nothing on the boards of corrupt companies).

I'm not sure, maybe. I'd think that the Primary would be the real battle; he should be able to demolish Biden if that ends up being the matchup.
January 21st, 2022 at 7:00:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Someone wrote here that the President was more transparent than others because they released the WH visitor logs.

That may be true, but it less than as transparent as it seems. They don't release the ones from Delaware, where he spends 25% of his time.

If transparency is the goal and the standard, that leaves a hole wide enough to run a few trucks through in the path of transparency.

No need to say "...but Trump"...we all get that he didn't release those records. I am just talking about the hole in the transparency that was pointed out as being so good.
January 21st, 2022 at 7:31:54 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Someone wrote here that the President was more transparent than others because they released the WH visitor logs.

That may be true, but it less than as transparent as it seems. They don't release the ones from Delaware, where he spends 25% of his time.

If transparency is the goal and the standard, that leaves a hole wide enough to run a few trucks through in the path of transparency.

No need to say "...but Trump"...we all get that he didn't release those records. I am just talking about the hole in the transparency that was pointed out as being so good.

It’s really sad when you respond to my posts without quoting them.

You said Biden had the least transparent administration ever. That was pure BS, and you know it.
January 21st, 2022 at 8:31:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Hillary Clinton Is Licking Her Chops as Joe Biden Falls Apart, ‘Putting Together’ an ‘Exploratory Campaign’ for 2024

“That’s how bad the Democrats’ bench is. It’s so bad. … They have nowhere else to turn to."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2022 at 8:52:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I'm not sure, maybe. I'd think that the Primary would be the real battle; he should be able to demolish Biden if that ends up being the matchup.

Sadly, you and I just can't up and nominate Paul Ryan for President. Apparently he'd have a near impossible time winning the Republican nomination as an 'anti - Trumper'. I do believe a Ryan/Haley ticket would crush a Biden/Harris ticket. But we won't get to find out.