The Biden Presidency 2021

March 25th, 2021 at 10:22:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Much ado about nothing
Dr Jill is pulling the strings
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 26th, 2021 at 3:03:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
Much ado about nothing
Dr Jill is pulling the strings
It's Woodrow Wilson all over again with wife Edith

If Biden succumbs to his frailty, this could be the best scenario:

Biden suffers a massive stroke. His wife Jill finds him unconscious on the floor of his bathroom.  It becomes apparent to all that Biden can not fully function. Jill firmly steps in and begins making decisions. Consulting with physicians, she does not allow a consideration that her husband resign and have the vice president take over. Jill reveals a selfish ignorance leading her to decide that she and the President come before the normal functioning of the executive branch of government.

The first move in establishing what she calls her “stewardship” is to mislead the entire nation, from the cabinet and Congress to the press and the people.  When individual cabinet members come to confer with the president, they get no further than the first lady. If they have policy papers or pending decisions for him to review, edit or approve, she first looks over the material herself. The officials wait in the West Sitting Room hallway.

I paraphrased that from the following account, edited: "he suffered a massive stroke. Edith found him unconscious on the floor of his bathroom.  It was soon apparent to all that Wilson could not fully function.Edith firmly stepped in and began making decisions. Consulting with physicians, she would not even consider making her husband resign and have the vice president take over. That would only depress her Wilson. ... Edith revealed a selfish ignorance leading her to decide that she and the President came before the normal functioning of the executive branch of government.
The first move in establishing what she called her “stewardship” was to mislead the entire nation, from the cabinet and Congress to the press and the people.  ... When individual cabinet members came to confer [with] the president, they went no further than the first lady. If they had policy papers or pending decisions for him to review, edit or approve, she would first look over the material herself. ....  officials waited in the West Sitting Room hallway."
https://www.biography.com/news/edith-wilson-first-president-biography-facts

A worse scenario: Biden dies or resigns and Kamala Harris is now President.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 26th, 2021 at 5:11:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Spectacular, outstanding, magnificent, those words just fail to fully express how thoroughly impressive dementia joe bidumb was at his press conference today. Wow, is was just amazing to see him answer so many difficult questions from so many hostile members of the press with such razor sharp intelligent answers, displaying such a complete and intimate understanding of a wide variety of subjects.

My goodness, and to think that I had doubts about dementia joe bidumb’s mental acuity.

I honestly have no idea what the pictures have to do with your bitter rant.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 26th, 2021 at 9:35:21 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
I honestly have no idea what the pictures have to do with your bitter rant.

That is not surprising.
Let's go Brandon
March 26th, 2021 at 11:24:03 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
That is not surprising.

Morning Joe solved the mystery for me this morning.

They had a good segment mocking the BDS sufferers who are apparently upset that we now have a president who actually reads his daily briefings and notes, as opposed to the prior dumbass who just watched cable news all day.
March 26th, 2021 at 1:28:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

They had a good segment mocking the BDS sufferers who are apparently upset that we now have a president who actually reads his daily briefings and notes, as opposed to the prior dumbass who just watched cable news all day.

No one denies that Biden is at least trying. And in general, I see nothing wrong with preparation and notes. But if you don’t see that he is an older gentleman in decline, then you are blind. Since policy is what really matters, I think he is ok if you are a Democrat.
March 26th, 2021 at 1:56:50 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
No one denies that Biden is at least trying. And in general, I see nothing wrong with preparation and notes. But if you don’t see that he is an older gentleman in decline, then you are blind. Since policy is what really matters, I think he is ok if you are a Democrat.

I will be VERY worried when Biden’s notes start looking like this:

March 26th, 2021 at 2:15:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I don’t compare Biden with his predecessor. I compare him to what I want and expect from a President. Biden fails. It’s really simple.
March 26th, 2021 at 2:22:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

I don’t compare Biden with his predecessor. I compare him to what I want and expect from a President. Biden fails. It’s really simple.

Why? What’s wrong with comparing?

Most reviews include other products in the same category. Why is it off limits for people in a job?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 26th, 2021 at 2:23:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

So you prefer a president that reads what is front of him and likely doesn't understand most of it over a president that thinks for himself.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin