The Biden Presidency 2021

March 18th, 2021 at 6:40:13 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
I've been long impressed of how well our forefathers understood the terms "Monarchy, aristocracy" etc.

That's a really interesting quote. Thank you for that.

Quote: From John Adams to John Taylor, 17 December 1814
Dear Sir
In your fifth page You Say “Mr. Adams calls our Attention to hundreds of wise and virtuous Patricians, mangled and bleeding Victims of popular Fury.” and gravely counts up several Victims of democratic Rage as proofs that Democracy is more pernicious than Monarchy or Aristocracy.”

Is this fair, sir? Do you deny any one of my Facts?

I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy.

Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either.

… Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history.

Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty.

When clear prospects are opened before vanity, pride, avarice, or ambition, for their easy gratification, it is hard for the most considerate philosophers and the most conscientious moralists to resist the temptation.

Individuals have conquered themselves. Nations and large bodies of men, never.
March 18th, 2021 at 8:55:07 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
I screwed up and already filed my 2020 taxes, my AGI was too high last year for me to qualify (thanks, Joe Manchin!). It was that Pai Gow 7 card straight flush that pushed me over the top. 😂

If your AGI for 2021 is below the cutoff threshold you should be able to claim and receive the money in 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/1400-stimulus-checks-are-on-the-way-heres-who-qualifies.html

Quote:
If you miss out this year

If you receive no $1,400 payment or a reduced check, but your income changes, you may be able to claim the money you are due when you file your taxes next year.

"Any change, either a slight reduction in earnings or even just putting more money in a traditional IRA or a 401(k) could yield a much bigger total payment when they do their 2021 taxes," said Garrett Watson, senior policy analyst at the Tax Foundation.
Let's go Brandon
March 18th, 2021 at 9:05:00 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Russian President Putin Challenges Biden To A Public Debate

Come on dementia joe bidumb, show what a great politician you are and agree.

P.S. How is your administration's meeting with the Chinese in Alaska going? LOL LOL
Let's go Brandon
March 19th, 2021 at 1:52:17 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: fleaswatter
....P.S. How is your administration's meeting with the Chinese in Alaska going? LOL LOL
https://thesaker.is/for-leviathan-its-so-cold-in-alaska/

"After all, Leviathan is congenitally incapable of accepting a “win-win”; it only runs on “zero-sum,” based on divide and rule" Pepe/

I hate to see what is probably happening in the backdrop. Alaska had a terrible year in the fishery's. I think the Chinese will probably suck up a whole lot of fishing permits on the cheap, maybe even buyout the Bristol Bay salmon fishery, the largest wild salmon run in the world. The Japanese already bought out most of the land based processors. Won't be long and the only salmon available will be "farm raised, color added".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 19th, 2021 at 6:14:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
https://thesaker.is/for-leviathan-its-so-cold-in-alaska/

"After all, Leviathan is congenitally incapable of accepting a “win-win”; it only runs on “zero-sum,” based on divide and rule" Pepe/

I hate to see what is probably happening in the backdrop. Alaska had a terrible year in the fishery's. I think the Chinese will probably suck up a whole lot of fishing permits on the cheap, maybe even buyout the Bristol Bay salmon fishery, the largest wild salmon run in the world. The Japanese already bought out most of the land based processors. Won't be long and the only salmon available will be "farm raised, color added".

I thought the survival of Salmon depend on the dams coming down on the Klamath River
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2021 at 6:31:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter

Biden got under Putin’s skin. Nice to see our leaders stand up to authoritarians again.

No pee tape for Vladdy to hang over Biden’s head so he’s gotta pull a “debate me, bro!”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 19th, 2021 at 7:03:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

If there are criminals among the immigrants, its the same % as our population.

I would disagree with this as I believe a large percentage of the immigrants have broken the law just by entering the country. Therefore they are already criminals.

I just heard from a friend in Tijuana that the current price to bribe border agents to illegaly enter the country is now about $12,000.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 19th, 2021 at 7:34:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
When a country controls its borders, there are no current known criminals in the immigrants, and an almost complete assurance the percentage who become criminals is going to be very low. It's nonsense to think it is ok to have the percentage be 'about the same'
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 19th, 2021 at 7:38:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
It's nonsense to think it is ok to have the percentage be 'about the same'

Its just reality
A small % of the human race are criminals regardless of race or country of origin
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2021 at 11:04:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Biden tripped walking up the stairs of AF1:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1372935931204927491?s=21

He got up quick. If it was Donny, his fat ass would still be trying to get back up...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman