The Biden Presidency 2021

March 11th, 2021 at 5:34:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So, was looking at the flags during Biden's speech. There was a flag in the back appearing to be at the same placement of the US Flag on the opposite side, but I couldn't figure out what it was. It's not the DC flag or the POW flag. It's not the first state, Alabama, which might be the first positioned flag.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 12th, 2021 at 5:05:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
So, was looking at the flags during Biden's speech. There was a flag in the back appearing to be at the same placement of the US Flag on the opposite side, but I couldn't figure out what it was. It's not the DC flag or the POW flag. It's not the first state, Alabama, which might be the first positioned flag.

It was the official flag of Beijing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 12th, 2021 at 5:07:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I see on Facebook that people are already getting their $1400 deposited into their bank accounts today. Dems get s*** done.

I screwed up and already filed my 2020 taxes, my AGI was too high last year for me to qualify (thanks, Joe Manchin!). It was that Pai Gow 7 card straight flush that pushed me over the top. 😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 13th, 2021 at 5:33:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I see on Facebook that people are already getting their $1400 deposited into their bank accounts today. Dems get s*** done.

I screwed up and already filed my 2020 taxes, my AGI was too high last year for me to qualify (thanks, Joe Manchin!). It was that Pai Gow 7 card straight flush that pushed me over the top. 😂

It is amazing how your good luck can be used against you..... I think I would qualify if I had filed my 2020 taxes, but some of the private equity thingies haven't sent me the forms I need to file yet. They theoretically will send them to me on Monday....
March 14th, 2021 at 4:24:23 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
More than 100,000 illegals were detained at the border in February, only weeks after Biden was sworn in. That is a 360% increase over the same period last year.

About 10% of them are unaccompanied minors, who are held in the Obama/Biden built cages they now call security facilities. The rest are given a date to appear for a hearing and released.

Thanks to the opioid president, fentanyl is also flowing into the US at record volume.

Border states, California, New Mexico and Arizona voted for Obama's puppet, so this is what those states want.

From the Article:

Only weeks after Obama's puppet was sworn in.

“We are seeing a dramatic increase in fentanyl seizures this fiscal year, more than 360 percent higher than this time last year,” Miller said.

“Nationwide drug seizures increased 50 percent in February from January. Cocaine interceptions increased 13 percent, seizures of methamphetamine increased 40 percent, seizures of heroin went up 48 percent.”

Border experts have said it’s likely Border Patrol drug seizures will decrease as illegal immigration surges—agents will be tied up with large groups of people rather than interdicting drugs. Border Patrol highway checkpoints are also closing in many areas as agents are sent to the border to help with processing the increased numbers.

The Biden administration has said there’s no crisis on the border and urges potential migrants not to come in illegally. But the latest illegal crossing numbers show that February hit a 14-month high with more than 100,000 Border Patrol apprehensions.

Mexico’s president has expressed concern that President Joe Biden’s policies are encouraging illegal immigration and human trafficking along the border with the United States.
March 18th, 2021 at 11:28:35 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Lots of new members to North America.

A hundred thousand extra folks visiting Yuma in a month is a lot to handle. Maybe they should set up a "burning man" and have a concert?

"

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you.

#13. Immigration - The Border Wall will be torn down. Twenty million illegals will be given citizenship. Budgets for ICE and CBP will be severely cut. Millions of immigrants, including every criminal & terrorist piece of human garbage from around the world, will invade America bringing their native diseases with them. The parasitic organizations that feed off tax payer funding for aid to immigrants will thrive. The drug Cartels will flourish. Crime will increase significantly but won’t be reported by the MSM. The borders will be closed to people trying to escape from America.

I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy. Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either. … Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
- John Adams
my bolding

I've been long impressed of how well our forefathers understood the terms "Monarchy, aristocracy" etc.

M/L
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 18th, 2021 at 3:14:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

A hundred thousand extra folks visiting Yuma in a month is a lot to handle. Maybe they should set up a "burning man" and have a concert?

"

#13. Immigration - The Border Wall will be torn down. Twenty million illegals will be given citizenship. Budgets for ICE and CBP will be severely cut. Millions of immigrants, including every criminal & terrorist piece of human garbage from around the world, will invade America bringing their native diseases with them. The parasitic organizations that feed off tax payer funding for aid to immigrants will thrive. The drug Cartels will flourish. Crime will increase significantly but won’t be reported by the MSM. The borders will be closed to people trying to escape from America.

I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy. Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either. … Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
- John Adams
my bolding

I've been long impressed of how well our forefathers understood the terms "Monarchy, aristocracy" etc.

M/L

Wow
1st off, quoting John Adam's on the history of modern democracy is absurd. He was there for the birth.
2nd
The world is not ending
I chuckle over these "The end of America" posts
If that's how you feel, build a bunker
I'm out and about trying to see everything in this great country
America is great and will always be great, warts and all.
The USA does not succeed or fail on what happens at the border.
If there are criminals among the immigrants, its the same % as our population.
The border is just a fragment of issues facing the country. Its minor league when considering all the issues facing this country. A major league issue would be the virus.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 18th, 2021 at 4:23:38 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Biden said he was going to open the borders, and Arizona voted for him. This is what they voted for.
March 18th, 2021 at 4:39:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined

"

- John Adams
my bolding

M/L

Wow
1st off, quoting John Adam's on the history of modern democracy is absurd. He was there for the birth.
2nd
The world is not ending
I chuckle over these "The end of America" posts
If that's how you feel, build a bunker
I'm out and about trying to see everything in this great country
America is great and will always be great, warts and all.
The USA does not succeed or fail on what happens at the border.
If there are criminals among the immigrants, its the same % as our population.
The border is just a fragment of issues facing the country. Its minor league when considering all the issues facing this country. A major league issue would be the virus.

The part in Italics was unintentional, I almost always, preview before posting. IDK what happened? my apology's to the board for posting [quoting] drivel like that. But there it is.

Me personally, if I was in those migrants sandals I would be right there with them. Hell, I did that. I chased freedom and employment north and south and all over. That was me. I wish I could hire one or two of them. But still, it is a crisis at the border.

I've never liked that wall, as I've posted in the past, I hope some Mexican steals it. It is a scar upon the landscape, but that's not to say I want an open border, I don't. I think those that tried coming by the rules should get first shot at it.

As far as the Adams quote, I like it. I've been watching the real pirates of the 17th century and admire how well people understood government, the monarchy, empire, and what money really is. Those folks had a lot more understanding of how the system was rigged against them.
March 18th, 2021 at 4:52:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Tanko

Biden said he was going to open the borders, and Arizona voted for him. This is what they voted for.
I'm apolitical. Whatever party is in charge, this isn't happening by accident or mistake. Sure Joe wants it, the other team wants it.

As you know, they've borrowed us into a corner and the competition from east and west is hungry and lean. It's what it is.

If the PTB wanted it different, it would be different. A lot of those travelers are crossing a bombing range coming here. We've got bombs and tanks and angry dogs, and a bunch of damaged people. The country doesn't openly have leadership.

It's a great divide, it's like George Carlin said, big club...not in it.