Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

January 12th, 2021 at 9:21:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Sadly, I think next week will be riots that make the capitol riot seem minor.

I agree
This riot was out in the open
The extremist Trumpers learned their lesson
Probably go terrorist on the capital setting off bombs and taking hostages

Kind of funny some Trumpers here counter the argument by posting BLM yelling nasty slogans. ROTFL. Use earphones with music. problem solved. lol
Weak comparison considering videos of Trumper animals actually attacking Police officers then bragging about it afterward
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 12th, 2021 at 9:36:27 AM permalink
terapined
We have a suspect for the murder of a police officer at the Trumper riots
That Trumper animal needs to be arrested

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senator-releases-photos-of-man-wanted-in-connection-to-capitol-police-officer-s-death/ar-BB1cGVbs?ocid=msedgdhp
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 12th, 2021 at 9:46:21 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I really must object to the constant comparison of the Trumper insurgents to animals. I don't know what the animal population has done to deserve such a humiliating distinction.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 12th, 2021 at 9:57:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
The extremist Trumpers learned their lesson
Probably go terrorist on the capital setting off bombs and taking hostages

That's the wrong lesson.

I can imagine last time, someone's spouse not thinking too much if Dad wants to take a quick trip to Washington. But now the spouse is going to guess what's up.
"you're going to end up in jail, lose your job,"

Well, that's one scenario that might reduce participation. I know one couple that could be in that kind of scenario as they coexist on each end of the political spectrum.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2021 at 10:32:23 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Another disgusting Trumper animal
He posts a video saying "I want you to know we went there to attack people. And for once, I’m not ashamed of that. I’m going to admit it. I’m going to scream it to the rooftops"
WTF
Now he is crying and afraid since his video went viral

‘We Went There To Attack People’: Huntington Beach Man Goes Viral After Marching At US Capitol During Riot, Posting Videos Praising Insurrectionists
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/01/11/kristopher-dreww/
Does that guy seem like the usual Trump supporter to you? Really?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 12th, 2021 at 10:40:41 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Does that guy seem like the usual Trump supporter to you? Really?

Nope
May not be the usual Trump supporter but he IS a Trump supporter and what he said is totally disgusting making him a Trumper animal in my book

I am fine with Trumper's. One of my best friends voted for Trump.
I am not fine with Trumper's that attack the police. Those are Trumper animals

Same with BLM
I myself am a huge BLM supporter
But if you break the law while protesting as BLM. You are an animal that needs to be prosecuted

Unlike many conservatives, I just need to know you broke the law to be against somebody. Many conservatives need to know the politics of the offender to make a decision on the illegal action.
January 12th, 2021 at 10:49:52 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

That's a photo of The Oval, which is a giant lawn in the center of the Ohio State University campus.

Back in the 1990s, I once saw Vice President Al Gore give an outdoor speech on The Oval. See those buildings surrounding the grass? There were US Secret Service snipers stationed on the roofs of several of those buildings. They were armed with large serious weapons, and their job is to shoot anyone who is a threat to the Vice President.

Which is just a prelude to say that if you're in a mob of rioters who break windows to illegally enter a heavily fortified federal government building, and if the Vice President is inside that building, your primary worry should not be arrest. Your primary worry should not be losing your job, or losing your Twitter account, or having troubles at the airport when you fly home. Those are trivial insignificant consequences that don't matter.

On the contrary, your primary worry should be that you might get shot in the head by US Secret Service snipers protecting the Vice President. Those rioters are too stupid to know that they're lucky to be alive.
January 12th, 2021 at 10:54:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
[

Back in the 1990s, I once saw Vice President Al Gore give an outdoor speech on The Oval. See those buildings surrounding the grass? There were US Secret Service snipers stationed on the roofs of several of those buildings. They were armed with large serious weapons, and their job is to shoot anyone who is a threat to the Vice President.

I have had those snipers aim at me for walking from my car to my office.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2021 at 10:54:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is just a block party!
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2021 at 11:23:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Wanna bet? I bet that there ABSOLUTELY will be NO riots that make 'the capitol riot seem minor'. I am willing to let YOU be the sole judge as to who wins the bet.

I expect that there might be some civil unrest, but it will not approach the 50th worst BLM riot. I would bet on that also, just harder to determine a winner. Not that there aren't bad actors who want what you expect, but i think the authorities will be prepared to crush them like the vermin they are.

I consider the storming of the Capitol the worst 'riot' in my lifetime. Not measured by loss of life or physical damage, but in its overall importance.