The Debates

October 7th, 2020 at 6:27:30 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
So far neither has been great about directly answering questions.
But, at least its more civil than the last one.
October 7th, 2020 at 6:53:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

The Trump administration is a cesspoll of disease and despair.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 7th, 2020 at 6:56:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
So far.... Pence has been a boor... which frankly surprises me. Constantly interrupting, and not respecting the moderator when told his time is up. Not as bad as first debate when his boss brought boor to a new level.

I think Harris is doing a good job of keeping her cool and focusing on the talking points she studied. Her only problem is her record as too liberal even for many Democrats.

Of course, this debate will be forgotten in a day or two.
October 7th, 2020 at 6:58:19 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
So far.... Pence has been a boor... which frankly surprises me. Constantly interrupting, and not respecting the moderator when told his time is up. Not as bad as first debate when his boss brought boor to a new level.

I think Harris is doing a good job of keeping her cool and focusing on the talking points she studied. Her only problem is her record as too liberal even for many Democrats.

Agreed on all points minus the “too liberal for many Dems.”

And Mike Pence hasn’t even really answered any of the actual questions he’s been asked, he just says whatever he wants to.
October 7th, 2020 at 7:04:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Agreed on all points minus the “too liberal for many Dems.”

And Mike Pence hasn’t even really answered any of the actual questions he’s been asked, he just says whatever he wants to.

Her polling in the Democrat primaries proves my point that she was too liberal for many Democrats. Or else too unlikeable.

Finally... the moderator shut up Pence! I now dislike Pence more than I did before the debate. I like Harris' calm. If she believed in an idea or two that I do, I could support her.
October 7th, 2020 at 7:12:57 PM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
Pence’s constant violation of time limits is a bad look. Reinforces the belief that Trump and his administration flout the rules.
‘Thank you, Vice President Pence’
October 7th, 2020 at 7:16:09 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Iron Mike is looking really strong in this debate. Great job!

Scamala Harris is just coming across as a whiny nag.

SAY NO TO CREEPY JOE & HIS HOE!!!
October 7th, 2020 at 7:17:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

I wonder if Pence was expecting Harris to be more combative and aggressive. A couple of his answers sounded like they were prepared for a more volatile attack. Might have thrown him off that she is relatively calm.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 7th, 2020 at 7:18:14 PM permalink
ams288
Did a fly just land on Pence’s head?!?!
October 7th, 2020 at 7:20:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Did a fly just land on Pence’s head?!?!

I think so, I thought it was a TV issue at first.