The Debates

October 8th, 2020 at 7:26:07 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Ok, so biden says he won't participate in the next debate because of the trump virus.
I thought they should do the debate remotely. I've said that before.
So now biden says he will do the virtual debate,
And trump says he won't.
Who's the chicken now?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 8th, 2020 at 7:47:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
Ok, so biden says he won't participate in the next debate because of the trump virus.
I thought they should do the debate remotely. I've said that before.
So now biden says he will do the virtual debate,
And trump says he won't.
Who's the chicken now?

Biden is. He won't show to a real debate. Just let him wear his mask and he will be safe from the china virus.
The President is a fink.
October 8th, 2020 at 7:55:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Gonna be fun to see the righties try to blame Donny backing out of the debate on Joe Biden.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 8th, 2020 at 8:19:03 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
So, being from NY, quite a few of my friends are Dems - the only thing they seem to want to discuss about the debate last night was the fly landing on VP Pence's hair
(I predicted that would be the case as soon as I saw it happen)
October 8th, 2020 at 8:44:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am hopefully that it will be virual, it will prevent people from talking over each other (each answer will be a protected segment).
October 8th, 2020 at 8:48:55 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Gandler
I am hopefully that it will be virual, it will prevent people from talking over each other (each answer will be a protected segment).

The ability for someone to cut him off is one of the reasons trump gave for why he won't debate.

He thinks talking over someone is winning. He claims he won the first debate. So in his mind, if he can't talk over someone, he can't win.

Quote:
Trump complained during the interview with Fox that a virtual debate would mean he would have to "sit behind a computer" in a virtual debate and the moderator could "cut you off whenever they want."
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 8th, 2020 at 9:19:03 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Is Harris aware that 90% of
the time she has a condescending
smirk on her face?

Better get used to it. We're going to be seeing a lot of that smirk over the next eight years. Maybe longer.
October 8th, 2020 at 9:28:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Dalex64
The ability for someone to cut him off is one of the reasons trump gave for why he won't debate.

He thinks talking over someone is winning. He claims he won the first debate. So in his mind, if he can't talk over someone, he can't win.

Well its great that he confirmed he only has an interest to debate if he can be uncivil and endanger the health of himself and others....
October 8th, 2020 at 9:41:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Better get used to it. We're going to be seeing a lot of that smirk over the next eight years. Maybe longer.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 8th, 2020 at 9:42:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
There is no doubt in my mind Trump's hesitance to debate virtually is solely due to the fact that the moderator will be easily able to prevent him from talking over his opponent, against the rules he agreed to.

I will now refer to DJT as the Boor in Chief.
And Pence as the Vice-Boor in chief.