The Debates

October 2nd, 2020 at 9:19:41 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Wallace: President Trump, you have begun to increasingly question the effectiveness of masks as a disease preventer. And in fact, recently you have cited the issue of -- of waiters touching their masks and touching plates. Are you questioning the efficacy of masks?
Trump: No, I think that masks are OK. You have to understand, if you look -- I mean, I have a mask right here. I put a mask on, you know, when I think I need it.
Tonight, as an example, everybody's had a test and you've had social distancing and all of the things that you have to, but --
Biden: Just like your rallies.
Trump: -- I wear masks when needed. When needed, I wear masks.
Wallace: OK, let me ask --
Trump: I don't have -- I don't wear masks like him. Every time you see him, he's got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from them and he shows up with the biggest mask I've ever seen.

Seems particularly important now.
October 2nd, 2020 at 9:27:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Need to get Jo J. up there for the third debate. We’ll have substantive conversation and she can keep the boys in line.

Although, it’s going to look really bad when Trump insults her for no good reason.

I had no idea she was a woman till this post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 2nd, 2020 at 9:33:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
I had no idea she was a woman till this post.

She’s a bad &$$, crazy intelligent, successful businessperson, hockey playing woman is what she is. Jo rules, dude!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 7th, 2020 at 4:48:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Pence is in a hilariously bad position tonight. He's the head of the Coronavirus Task Force, but has to take the blame for Donald's every dumb move and comment whenever he interfered.

Nothing like having to take full responsibility for something you weren't allowed to fully control.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 7th, 2020 at 4:55:08 PM permalink
rxwine
In fact, I hope they ask Pence as the head of the Corona Virus Task Force if he takes the blame for the outbreak in the White House.

That will be squirm worthy as he says yes, all my fault.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 7th, 2020 at 4:59:08 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
In fact, I hope they ask Pence as the head of the Corona Virus Task Force if he takes the blame for the outbreak in the White House.

Pence is really really good at pivoting away from a tough question without actually answering it.
October 7th, 2020 at 5:02:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Pence is really really good at pivoting away from a tough question without actually answering it.

Yeah, most experienced politicians are. Keep talking around it with each answer, and hope the moderator finally moves on to the next question.
October 7th, 2020 at 5:19:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Why would he take the blame? Why would ANYONE take blame for a virus? Spreads happen. It is science.
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2020 at 6:20:49 PM permalink
rxwine
This is going to run long. Not that i mind, but moderator is not very firm at cutting off people over the time limit.
October 7th, 2020 at 6:22:50 PM permalink
ams288
Does Pence have pink eye?