ROTFL
Trumpers are just a step away from hating America
No they are not. Not even a step away
December 21st, 2021 at 7:24:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
No they are not. Not even a step away

Leftist haters need to learn the difference between hating your country and not liking your government.

Conservatives love their country but do not like their government.

Liberals hate their country but love government as long as it is liberal government. But when liberals are in charge they still hate their country.
The President is a fink.
December 21st, 2021 at 8:13:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
They should utilize some of that ink, some countries use to stain fingers for voting, and spray the whole crowd of them. And synthetic skunk chemical.

Be a lot faster tracking them down.

Bullets are quicker, more effective and more permanent.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 21st, 2021 at 8:16:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Leftist haters need to learn the difference between hating your country and not liking your government.

Conservatives love their country but do not like their government.

Liberals hate their country but love government as long as it is liberal government. But when liberals are in charge they still hate their country.

What is a country if not, in part, its Government? The two aren't really all that separable. In the overall sense, I don't think either side can make any great claim to loving all people, but especially and ironically, not the Evangelicals.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 21st, 2021 at 8:32:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
What is a country if not, in part, its Government? The two aren't really all that separable. In the overall sense, I don't think either side can make any great claim to loving all people, but especially and ironically, not the Evangelicals.

A country is the place, the people. In the USA the Constitution. The system that allows creativity and wealth. The history.

However, that does not mean you have to like or trust your government. Which is where the difference is. The left lives for government and wants more laws, regulations, and interference to "balance" things. Meanwhile they hate the history of the USA and what it stands for. That is why they keep wanting to "transform" society.
The President is a fink.
December 21st, 2021 at 8:33:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

You have really jumped the shark with that statement. So the people of N. Korea must love their government it they love their country. Feel free to add as many other repressive countries as you like. I am amazed that a self proclaimed Libertarian would claim you need to love your government.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 21st, 2021 at 8:41:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
You have really jumped the shark with that statement. So the people of N. Korea must love their government it they love their country. Feel free to add as many other repressive countries as you like. I am amazed that a self proclaimed Libertarian would claim you need to love your government.

I never claimed that you need to love your Government; you should simply always want to improve it. Similarly, you should always want to improve your country. Can a country or a Government reciprocate, "Love?" What does it even mean to, "Love one's country," anyway?

Honestly, it's just a really stupid term. My point is that the Government is one aspect of the country and is its most important aspect. If you don't have a Government, then you don't have a country...you just have a geographical place where people live.
December 21st, 2021 at 8:44:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
A country is the place, the people. In the USA the Constitution. The system that allows creativity and wealth. The history.

However, that does not mean you have to like or trust your government. Which is where the difference is. The left lives for government and wants more laws, regulations, and interference to "balance" things. Meanwhile they hate the history of the USA and what it stands for. That is why they keep wanting to "transform" society.

The Constitution is, literally, part of the Government as it dictates some of the fundamentals as to how citizens are to be governed. The history of the country is built largely on what the Government has decided to do. Did we go over and help win World War II, for example? Of course we did, but we had a Government process by which we decided to do that.

Both sides want more laws; it just depends on what the law in question is. If Texas, for example, makes a law with an eye towards restricting abortion---then how is that NOT wanting more laws?
December 21st, 2021 at 9:18:48 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I never claimed that you need to love your Government; you should simply always want to improve it. Similarly, you should always want to improve your country. Can a country or a Government reciprocate, "Love?" What does it even mean to, "Love one's country," anyway?

Honestly, it's just a really stupid term. My point is that the Government is one aspect of the country and is its most important aspect. If you don't have a Government, then you don't have a country...you just have a geographical place where people live.

Very inconsistent Mission. In your perfect world there would be no government. But you would still identify as a member of a group who lived somewhere even if it was only a city. You would live there by choice so on some level you would 'love' where you lived and 'love' your non-government.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 21st, 2021 at 9:38:10 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
Very inconsistent Mission. In your perfect world there would be no government. But you would still identify as a member of a group who lived somewhere even if it was only a city. You would live there by choice so on some level you would 'love' where you lived and 'love' your non-government.

Do you know what Libertarianism is? At what point did I claim to be an Anarchist?