The City on Fire

June 19th, 2020 at 3:48:51 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Have you ever tried to talk an employee of another employer into coming to work for you. I've seen it happen. Or at least overheard the conversation.

The guy, as a customer, simply saw how hard the guy was busting his ass with his current job. I'm not even sure if he was being asked for a similar job.

Not really, unless they were the first to bring it up. One thing I did was our housekeepers in my old city (2006) were getting 86’ed because the owners of the hotel wanted to bring in some family from India, so I did spend a day calling around until I found the two housekeepers being let go jobs where they could go together. It was a shame, too, because they were outstanding and the married couple who replaced them sucked and barely understood my instructions.

Fixing the stuff they did wrong added another 1-2 hours to my day there.

I also had some nice job offers from guests when I managed the second hotel, but would have had to relocate in all cases. The owner of a competing hotel also offered me General Manager of one of her hotels, but it was in Omaha. I had two lunches with her to talk about it, but we couldn’t find agreement on the right kind of front money that would compel me to move.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 6:18:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
NYC sees huge spike in shootings.... right after plain clothes anti-crime unit is disbanded...... I don't know for sure the races of the 27 shooting victims, but I'd bet there are a few "Black lives" that apparently didn't matter enough to have cops on duty....

Second issue..... when BLM goes after the Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial, should we help them rid us of the memory of those two most famous slave owners in American history?
June 19th, 2020 at 6:30:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Second issue..... when BLM goes after the Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial, should we help them rid us of the memory of those two most famous slave owners in American history?

I'm trying to think where such arguments went exactly where you guys are warning about. When did we do this thing where we went too far?

If anyone can think of examples, go ahead. And no, I'm not talking the Taliban. I'm talking at least a representative democracy.

Whose memory did we erase from the public square of honor who still deserves it?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 8:13:31 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
‪How is this allowed to go on while police just watch?‬ Protestors attempting to pull down a statue - police are standing there watching

June 20th, 2020 at 2:25:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: aceofspades
‪How is this allowed to go on while police just watch?‬ Protestors attempting to pull down a statue - police are standing there watching

They are just trying to create new jobs for statue sculptors!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 20th, 2020 at 7:42:45 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

I think anyone that is serious about it should throw away all of their $1 and $2 bills. They can'tbe carrying around pictures of those slave owners.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 20th, 2020 at 7:48:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Whose memory did we erase from the public square of honor who still deserves it?

For starters any Confederate statue being torn down.

Aunt Jemima, a famous black female removed because a picture of a black is I guess racist in and of itself?

It is pure "1984" that is going on. Erase history some people do not like.
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2020 at 9:12:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
For starters any Confederate statue being torn down.

Aunt Jemima, a famous black female removed because a picture of a black is I guess racist in and of itself?

It is pure "1984" that is going on. Erase history some people do not like.

You'd get fired if you job was to erase history. Erasing history is removing all references to these people in a broad cleansing of all media and texts.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2020 at 9:18:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You'd get fired if you job was to erase history. Erasing history is removing all references to these people in a broad cleansing of all media and texts.

Which is the goal of BLM. Statues are just one step.
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2020 at 11:04:19 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

You haven't noticed that books are being stripped from libraries in ever increasing numbers. More and more social media is having content stripped stripped that doesn't meet the 'current truth'. You should really be on your guards for scams since you don't seem to be very aware of what is going on around you.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin