The City on Fire

June 18th, 2020 at 8:14:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I would disagree when it comes to science and mathematical positions. When i hire computer programmers I want the most nerdy guys that I can find. I want the guy that spends all of his fun time writing code.

I did specify all things otherwise being equal. Sounds like a person who codes all the time is ahead of the game.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 2:10:17 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This was in Flint, MI.

The original title of the article was 'Michigan Police Probing Video of Racially Motivated Beatdown'.

Then the PC police intervened and changed it to 'Probing whether it was a 'Possible Assault'.

Possible?

NY Post

Facebook

The rapper who posted the video said his 'bro' asked the white guy whether his shirt was too little. As everyone knows, Black thugs often ask nerdy white guys for fashion advice.

After allegedly overhearing the white say the N word while on his cellphone, he came up from behind and slugged him in the ear. Dropping him, and then pummeling him.
June 19th, 2020 at 2:41:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
You would lose that bet. I was barely out of high school when I hired two people who worked at my friend's cabinet shop. It wasn't much of a hiring job. Construction was booming in S. Florida and he needed two painters pronto. I was quitting as I was off to FSU.

Hiring 2 people hardly makes one an HR expert. But even with that did you look for people with experience or a degree?
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 6:02:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I have hired anesthesiologists for 30 years. ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY experience trumps the degree. NOT EVEN CLOSE! The guy out 5 years from East Butt University who has great references versus the new Harvard grad? I'll take East Butt any day!
June 19th, 2020 at 6:13:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I have hired anesthesiologists for 30 years. ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY experience trumps the degree. NOT EVEN CLOSE! The guy out 5 years from East Butt University who has great references versus the new Harvard grad? I'll take East Butt any day!

Can't beat experience. Like when I was at a poker table early in a tourney and a player throws 2 chips and says "six." He threw in $6000 but the dealer took it as $600. Floorman made the right call, one of few times most players were stumped.

Like the plumbers in my house. Hot water not flowing right. First guy was young, had no idea. Second guy was a 25 year plumber. He found it in about 10 seconds.

Or when I told a kid right out of training that he would find a mortgage and deed in a certain date range for a certain parcel. Kid finds it and says, "How'd ya know?"

All of these are little things, none taught in school. Back to anesthesiologists, the guy who put Andre the Giant under had to use experience over being a fancy grad. When you hear how he did it a person will think he was nuts. But it worked.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 6:59:09 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Hiring 2 people hardly makes one an HR expert.

June 19th, 2020 at 8:00:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Hiring 2 people hardly makes one an HR expert. But even with that did you look for people with experience or a degree?

Oh, you were speaking as "experts" when I chimed in. I didn't realize that. You're an expert eh?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 8:11:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Oh, you were speaking as "experts" when I chimed in. I didn't realize that. You're an expert eh?

Why would he want to be an HR expert? HR experts don’t hire people. They’re just responsible for all the grunt work involved with onboarding a new hire.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2020 at 8:13:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Everyone here is a world-renowned expert on every single matter they discuss, didn't you know?

For my part, I have 47 unique doctorates and a cumulative 191 years of, off-and-on, human resources experience.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 8:15:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Why would he want to be an HR expert? HR experts don’t hire people. They’re just responsible for all the grunt work involved with onboarding a new hire.

I'm pretty sure that depends on the size of the place in question. The telemarketing place, for example, had some 202 employees at peak and one guy still handled all of that stuff with enough time to spare to kick our butts at Fantasy Football.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman