The City on Fire

July 5th, 2020 at 6:19:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
What this shows me
It must be tough to be gay in Russia. That's sad. Probably lots of suicides
I think it was just last week that Russians got to vote on hundreds of additions to their constitution, which I think they had been somewhat paralleling ours since 93?

There are plenty of youtube videos of Russians on the web, any of us can find any results they want. But finding a list of the additions other than the few that allow Putin presidential extensions are hard to find. It's almost like the benefits now given to the citizens aren't wanted to be made public. They just gave minimum income higher than minimum wage, free healthcare, education and other benefits a law.

Somebody may come back with them declaring a language and religion as anti something or other, we tend to find what we look for. Looks like our country's have made some new joint fishing agreements in the Bering sea. More to come as info allows.

Yeah, suicide is going rampant everywhere it seems. Lockdowns are depressing for many folks.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 5th, 2020 at 6:26:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Tanko
The Democrats will stop at nothing. They used their winged monkeys to burn and loot American cities, now they're using them to start a race war.

Heavily armed army of hundreds of Blacks, marched through Stone Mountain, looking for a fight and calling out the White Militias.

"NFAC's leader Grand Master Jay describing how he will build his black ethnostate inside the United States.
boasting they are all ex-military extremely disciplined & experts shooters..gonna end really bad for these guys.."

Wouldn't it be interesting if these guys decided to march in Chicago and help reduce the killings? https://www.theepochtimes.com/67-shot-13-fatally-over-fourth-of-july-weekend-in-chicago-police_3412559.html
July 5th, 2020 at 7:08:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
July 6th, 2020 at 2:37:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Good the embassy is taking a stand for Pride month in a country with no gay rights.

An embassy should not be making political statements in another country. We are a guest there and should behave proper.

The gay flag should not be flown at a USA government installation. American Flag only.

I thought we were not supposed to force our values on other peoples?
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2020 at 3:25:42 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: petroglyph

Just one?

In Chicago, where they've had a democrat mayor for the past 90 years, ten minors were killed in the past two weeks.

June 20-21 67 shot 10 dead
June 27-28 50 shot 16 dead
July 4-5 77 shot 14 dead

In NYC, where de Blasio won with 70% of the vote, shootings are up 500% over last year. 42 were shot, and 9 were killed over the weekend. One was a minor..

If they held the election tomorrow, de Blasio would win in a landslide.

They'd rather see their kids shot dead than vote Republican.
July 6th, 2020 at 3:57:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tanko

In NYC, where de Blasio won with 70% of the vote, shootings are up 500% over last year. 42 were shot, and 9 were killed over the weekend. One was a minor..

If they held the election tomorrow, de Blasio would win in a landslide.

They'd rather see their kids shot dead than vote Republican.

They finally got fed up enough to put Rudy in office in 1992. He cleaned it up. But they do not like that a clean city the size if NYC requires policing.

They wanted a crime-ridden sewer to live in. DeBlasio delivered it in short order!
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2020 at 4:28:10 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
I disagree... sort of.... Of course the current policing model is not working.... but I do not think it is the policing model that is the problem. The fact that there are so many repeat offenders just means that criminals are put back on the streets way too easily. And they know it. You commit a crime using an illegal firearm... life sentence.... how many lives would that save?

In general, police are not there to prevent crimes.... how would they be? The best mayor/police chief are limited by the judicial system....

There are other problems besides the police in the cities. The leaders refuse to address them. The police should treat people fairly, arrest criminals and put them in jail, and arrest them again if they commit another crime. Each arrest should be publicized. When a few people wake up and see the problems that happen after the police do their job, more will wake up, and things may change at the next level. Have you heard of any real effort in Chicago to stop the killings at the police level that is working?

No, I don't think the people who run Chicago are doing their job. I don't think the Democrats at higher levels seem to care, either. They refuse to care, in general, because it is easier to just call Trump a racist and abandon all thoughts of law and order, immigration control, etc. Keeping the people safe is less important than disagreeing with Trump, which they could still do AND work on issue...but they refuse to do so.
July 6th, 2020 at 5:55:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
An embassy should not be making political statements in another country. We are a guest there and should behave proper.

The gay flag should not be flown at a USA government installation. American Flag only.

I thought we were not supposed to force our values on other peoples?

I totally disagree, that is why I am a Neocon.

We need to use American power to make the world a better place.
July 6th, 2020 at 6:12:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

I totally disagree, that is why I am a Neocon.

We need to use American power to make the world a better place.

You are a neocon yet you vote liberal?

That is like a vegan having dinner at Ruth's Chris.
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2020 at 6:52:12 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
You are a neocon yet you vote liberal?

That is like a vegan having dinner at Ruth's Chris.

I vote liberal most of the time. There are some conservatives I respect. At the end of the day I vote for whoever I feel is right on most of the issues that matter.

If I was old enough I probably would have voted for George W Bush, who I think is one of the greatest Presidents in our history. (To caveat if I was old enough with the knowledge that I know have, because when I first started voting I held very differently about foreign intervention).

I did not vote for Obama (first election I could vote in), which I regret (not that it matters as he won) because I think he also turned out pretty great. I think those two Presidents (Bush and Obama) are both vastly underrated (to some degree for partisan reasons), accomplished a great deal, and both seem extremely likable and down to earth (polar opposite of current President). But, in those days I was in my Ron Paul phase.