The City on Fire

July 5th, 2020 at 2:39:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Regardless of the varied flag laws of different countries, one thing authoritarian countries have in common is tough laws on their symbols.

In other words, the freedom to burn the flag represents FREEDOM, not tyranny.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 5th, 2020 at 4:25:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
I would suggest you go into a black neighbourhood and exercise your right to burn BLM flag and find out what happens. You would be arrested for a hate crime if you went into a gay area and burnt a rainbow flag. But you think it is nothing to burn your country's flag?

Lots of great posts since I was here last... This is one of them. I wonder if a person did burn a BLM flag in a predominantly Black neighborhood.... assuming he wasn't murdered on the spot (highly likely) would he be charged with a hate crime? I don't think so, but could be wrong.
July 5th, 2020 at 4:32:51 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Regardless of the varied flag laws of different countries, one thing authoritarian countries have in common is tough laws on their symbols.

In other words, the freedom to burn the flag represents FREEDOM, not tyranny.

People have the right to burn the American Flag (in most cases, not in cases where they steal it from a monument and burn it, or start an unpermitted sidewalk fire)…. But, speaking generally, yes you can burn the American Flag or any flag that you legally possess and burn in accordance to local regulations.....

But, they are foolish to. Its the greatest symbol in the world. And, its a level of national masochism that is sickening.
People obsess over the (often inflated or misconstrued) "bad" that America has done, without realizing that the world would be decades behind in technological and social progress without America...
America is simply the best country in the world, there is no comparison.... Flag burning just exists to cause divides....
July 5th, 2020 at 4:36:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC

An idea of what needs to happen is the city of Chicago needs to figure out how to control the rampant shootings occurring all the time. The current policing model they have is not working, so change the model.

I disagree... sort of.... Of course the current policing model is not working.... but I do not think it is the policing model that is the problem. The fact that there are so many repeat offenders just means that criminals are put back on the streets way too easily. And they know it. You commit a crime using an illegal firearm... life sentence.... how many lives would that save?

In general, police are not there to prevent crimes.... how would they be? The best mayor/police chief are limited by the judicial system....
July 5th, 2020 at 4:46:45 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Democrats will stop at nothing. They used their winged monkeys to burn and loot American cities, now they're using them to start a race war.

Heavily armed army of hundreds of Blacks, marched through Stone Mountain, looking for a fight and calling out the White Militias.

"NFAC's leader Grand Master Jay describing how he will build his black ethnostate inside the United States.
boasting they are all ex-military extremely disciplined & experts shooters..gonna end really bad for these guys.."

July 5th, 2020 at 4:46:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
People have the right to burn the American Flag (in most cases, not in cases where they steal it from a monument and burn it, or start an unpermitted sidewalk fire)…. But, speaking generally, yes you can burn the American Flag or any flag that you legally possess and burn in accordance to local regulations.....

But, they are foolish to. Its the greatest symbol in the world. And, its a level of national masochism that is sickening.
People obsess over the (often inflated or misconstrued) "bad" that America has done, without realizing that the world would be decades behind in technological and social progress without America...
America is simply the best country in the world, there is no comparison.... Flag burning just exists to cause divides....

Some people are full time anti-government. But at other times, when people have been discontented (often war time) the flag burning may represent the ultimate protest against actual government policy that's still peaceful. (unless you're using it to burn stuff down or people)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 5th, 2020 at 4:55:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Heavily armed army of hundreds of Blacks, marched through Stone Mountain, looking for a fight and calling out the White Militias.

Was there violence?
Is this a open carry state?
If the answer is no then yes, do you have a problem?
I have a problem. I am against open carry.
Conservatives are generally ok with open carry so I have to believe conservatives love this photo lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 5th, 2020 at 5:38:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
July 5th, 2020 at 5:56:34 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-rainbow/putin-mocks-u-s-embassy-for-flying-rainbow-flag-idUSKBN2442EQ

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/07/03/putin-mocks-us-embassy-rainbow-flag-a70782

Good the embassy is taking a stand for Pride month in a country with no gay rights.

Who cares what Putin thinks....

Most normal Russians support it.
https://youtu.be/b7bwZ4-HlF4
July 5th, 2020 at 5:57:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-rainbow/putin-mocks-u-s-embassy-for-flying-rainbow-flag-idUSKBN2442EQ

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/07/03/putin-mocks-us-embassy-rainbow-flag-a70782

What this shows me
It must be tough to be gay in Russia. That's sad. Probably lots of suicides
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"