1 vote (5%)
3 votes (15%)
2 votes (10%)

20 members have voted

May 21st, 2020 at 3:50:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
Max UI in Nevada is $469 a week. With the federal $600 it comes out to around $950 a week after withholdings. If it was double that I might consider not working and just collecting, but I am spoiled and bored to death so I will continue working until I can retire comfortably at a standard of living similar to what I have now.
It's good to have a plan.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2020 at 4:27:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Does your RV have an awning? Those almost double your undercover/out of the weather space. They're great.

Solar panels? They have RV encampments out this way every winter, like wagon trains of old.

Flexible material awning.
No solar
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2020 at 4:40:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
May 21st, 2020 at 6:05:26 PM permalink
terapined

Kind of
Its attached to the top of the RV but on the other end are poles that are held up with rope and stakes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2020 at 6:10:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
If you are in Az. in Feb. I highly recommend seeing this flying circus. http://www.arizonaflyingcircus.com/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2020 at 6:25:11 PM permalink
terapined
If you are in Az. in Feb. I highly recommend seeing this flying circus. http://www.arizonaflyingcircus.com/

Thanks
I may do that
My overall flexible time table
Buy RV in next couple months, move in, put empty house on the market, hopefully sells fast. Get on the road late summer to fall and head west spending winter in AZ
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:45:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Thanks
I may do that
My overall flexible time table
Buy RV in next couple months, move in, put empty house on the market, hopefully sells fast. Get on the road late summer to fall and head west spending winter in AZ

My prediction is that you may have trouble selling the house if you are expecting the value it had last year. I think real estate when it 'opens up' will be down significantly.

Question.... once you sell the house, what State are you a resident of? What if you drive around and stay in 20 different states for a few weeks each? Does an American citizen have to be a resident of a state (or territory?)
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:03:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
My prediction is that you may have trouble selling the house if you are expecting the value it had last year. I think real estate when it 'opens up' will be down significantly.

Question.... once you sell the house, what State are you a resident of? What if you drive around and stay in 20 different states for a few weeks each? Does an American citizen have to be a resident of a state (or territory?)

House next door just sold to the 1st person that viewed it
I'll use FL as my base using a friends house as my address
My plan is to winter in AZ but the following winter back to FL
I have quite a few pieces of fabulous hand carved Chinese furniture that's going into storage, coffee table, 2 chests and 2 end tables.
I need to come back to FL for those and bring them to my nephews in MD
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:30:13 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
House next door just sold to the 1st person that viewed it
I'll use FL as my base using a friends house as my address
My plan is to winter in AZ but the following winter back to FL
I have quite a few pieces of fabulous hand carved Chinese furniture that's going into storage, coffee table, 2 chests and 2 end tables.
I need to come back to FL for those and bring them to my nephews in MD

I am glad you are set. The stock market is making a comeback much quicker than the economy, so my 401Ks are moving back towards their highest level...part of the reason for that is that I bought into Penn National at $6.18 and $14.90; it is now at $29. I will sell before it falls too much unless the market crashes in a day. Anyway, I know you moved a 401K; I hope you did okay on that to help get ready for retirement!

The RV plan seems like a great way to see the country. What type/size do you plan on living and moving around in when you take off? Have you thought about doing while still working (in case you don't get early out and they need you)?
May 22nd, 2020 at 6:41:32 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
I am glad you are set. The stock market is making a comeback much quicker than the economy, so my 401Ks are moving back towards their highest level...part of the reason for that is that I bought into Penn National at $6.18 and $14.90; it is now at $29. I will sell before it falls too much unless the market crashes in a day. Anyway, I know you moved a 401K; I hope you did okay on that to help get ready for retirement!

The RV plan seems like a great way to see the country. What type/size do you plan on living and moving around in when you take off? Have you thought about doing while still working (in case you don't get early out and they need you)?

I have my eye on a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2100BH. Pull it with my current pick up, 2016 F150
Its kind of small of course but it comes with 2 bunk beds which I will use for plenty of storage.
I am still not at the point of no return so if I do get called back to work, I'll go back. The chances of that are pretty slim