Stimulus

Page 84 of 86« First<818283848586>
January 5th, 2021 at 9:11:05 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
My $600 helps make up for the money I lost in Vegas last week. So I guess you could say I stimulated Vegas.

Without joking, that is the theoretical reason the stimulus exists. Except I doubt you gambled one penny more or less because of the stimulus check. By the way, you are the first poster in quite a while to actually LOSE in Vegas!

By the way..... Forget where I read this....... but apparently there are some who have overdrawn their checking accounts, let's say $500, and have not been paying the bank back, and say have $100 in interest/overdraft fees.... Now when $600 gets deposited into their account the bank applies the $500 to the principal and takes the $100 in fees owed to it. Apparently people are complaining! Because if they just got a check they could go to a check cashing place and just stiff the bank! AND THERE ARE POLITICIANS who want to force the banks to NOT be able to apply the stimulus checks to what is owed them!
January 5th, 2021 at 2:04:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Without joking, that is the theoretical reason the stimulus exists. Except I doubt you gambled one penny more or less because of the stimulus check. By the way, you are the first poster in quite a while to actually LOSE in Vegas!

By the way..... Forget where I read this....... but apparently there are some who have overdrawn their checking accounts, let's say $500, and have not been paying the bank back, and say have $100 in interest/overdraft fees.... Now when $600 gets deposited into their account the bank applies the $500 to the principal and takes the $100 in fees owed to it. Apparently people are complaining! Because if they just got a check they could go to a check cashing place and just stiff the bank! AND THERE ARE POLITICIANS who want to force the banks to NOT be able to apply the stimulus checks to what is owed them!

My wife plans on spending hers towards an international vacation.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 5th, 2021 at 2:12:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
My wife plans on spending hers towards an international vacation.

All $600?

International House of Pancakes?
The President is a fink.
January 5th, 2021 at 2:29:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
All $600?

A fancy Mexican restaurant? $600
is a small amount of money.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2021 at 7:49:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
All $600?

It is almost 12,000 pesos.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 9th, 2021 at 3:51:05 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Biden announced yesterday, he wants trillions in more stimulus. As long as the debt expansion cycle continues, the stock market will inflate. Bank stocks began rallying before the election, in anticipation of a Biden win. They profited $650 billion under Obama’s QE, and they will do it again under Biden, who did not disappoint. Yellen, who received $7.2 million in speaking fees over the last two years, from the banking industry she is supposed to regulate, is now in charge of printing money, and Powell is once again allowing banks to buyback their shares. Under Trump, Powell capped their dividends and suspended their buybacks.

Citibank and GSM are rivaling Bitcoin. Not quite, but up nearly 50% since Nov. 6. JPM up 36%.
January 9th, 2021 at 3:57:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Biden announced yesterday, he wants trillions in more stimulus. As long as the debt expansion cycle continues, the stock market will inflate. Bank stocks began rallying before the election, in anticipation of a Biden win. They profited $650 billion under Obama’s QE, and they will do it again under Biden, who did not disappoint. Yellen, who received $7.2 million in speaking fees over the last two years, from the banking industry she is supposed to regulate, is now in charge of printing money, and Powell is once again allowing banks to buyback their shares. Under Trump, Powell capped their dividends and suspended their buybacks.

Citibank and GSM are rivaling Bitcoin. Not quite, but up nearly 50% since Nov. 6. JPM up 36%.

I'm excited
The market has been fabulous to me
Making more then I am spending
Life is good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 9th, 2021 at 4:49:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Not so fast. Manchin says he wants any further direct payments to Americans to be targeted based on need, so the ink is far from dried on that check. (That's IF he would approve them at all, which he was very non-committal about.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 9th, 2021 at 5:19:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Obama did give the banks a deal. Borrow money at the fed, walk down the street and buy Treasuries. Locked in profit at zero risk.

And 90% of the public had zero clue what was going on.

Though it might make up for when they told Jamie Dimon and other bank CEOs that their signature or their brains would be on the back of the TARP check before they left the room.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2021 at 6:11:14 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Mission146
Not so fast. Manchin says he wants any further direct payments to Americans to be targeted based on need, so the ink is far from dried on that check.

Manchin is gone in eleven days.

Stimulus is necessary, but the government has to concentrate on creating career jobs. Not gig or service economy jobs that typically either don’t pay well, are part time, or don’t last long.

Voters twice rejected tax cuts, record real wage growth and record low unemployment. First in 2018, and again in 2020.

They prefer the guy who promises to raise their taxes, bring in millions of immigrants, and told miners learn to code. “Anybody who can throw coal into a furnace can learn how to program, for God’s sake!” 

Okay.

63% of Americans don’t have $500 saved for an emergency. One-third of homeowners don’t have $500 saved for an emergency. The Fed created a real estate bubble that could end as it did in 2008, with millions of homeowners unable to refinance or sell because their homes were ‘underwater’.

Too bad for them, but great for the banks. They’ll get trillions more to bail them out of their bad loans.
Page 84 of 86« First<818283848586>