Stimulus

April 15th, 2020 at 5:11:13 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
I got my $1200 today. I got refunds for both 2018 and 2019 tax years.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
April 15th, 2020 at 5:48:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
We should do some sort of poll: for those who have gotten the stimulus money, do you need it?

I don’t. It’s just going to sit in my bank account.

I think it was SOOPOO who questioned why they didn’t try to means test it, and I somewhat agree. Seems wasteful to give it to those of us who are still employed and earning our normal wages.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 15th, 2020 at 6:37:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think means testing the initial rollout would just slow it down. But that doesn't mean, they couldn't have began a future means testing, though I doubt if anyone thought of that. (That you don't have to stick to just one or the other)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2020 at 6:43:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Besides that, I think means testing is more complex than people think especially on a nationwide scale. Look at Aces situation, or anyone making child support payments or some other situation where income doesn't represent exactly what's going on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 15th, 2020 at 6:50:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
We should do some sort of poll: for those who have gotten the stimulus money, do you need it?

I think it was SOOPOO who questioned why they didn’t try to means test it, and I somewhat agree. Seems wasteful to give it to those of us who are still employed and earning our normal wages.

Spend it. It is meant to help the business owners who will benefit by you spending it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 16th, 2020 at 4:02:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Spend it. It is meant to help the business owners who will benefit by you spending it.

How? Everything has been closed by the police state.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2020 at 7:09:24 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6

I will invest it in stocks/bonds/PMs as per my investment policy statement, which is what I do with all excess funds every 2 weeks when I get paid (or whenever I get some extra cash). This is in addition to our emergency fund which is in a money market fund and already full up.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
April 16th, 2020 at 7:44:32 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
How? Everything has been closed by the police state.

Buy meals, lots of restaurants are still open for takeout and delivery. Buy clothes, car parts, pharmacy items, etc. I think Walmarts are still open everywhere, they sell almost everything. I know you don't want to support Walmart but it will trickle down to the employees that live in your area,
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 16th, 2020 at 7:52:26 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Easy answer give it to somebody who really needs it. If you want some value make sure you give it to an organization that can give you a tax receipt.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 16th, 2020 at 8:11:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Easy answer give it to somebody who really needs it. If you want some value make sure you give it to an organization that can give you a tax receipt.

Pass.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman