No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 22nd, 2021 at 6:02:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Pretty funny article. The conservative anti vax memes and why each one is BS

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2021/11/21/1987878/-Anti-vaxx-Chronicles-He-still-believed-in-his-immune-system
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2021 at 9:15:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tanko
Harry Reid used to boast he could do 500 reps with an elastic band.

Until it snapped and blinded him in one eye. Imprint of the strap on his chin and neck.

I do not use the bands that are attached to the wall, I use the the flat bands that can never injure you.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2021 at 9:19:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

Until it snapped and blinded him in one eye. Imprint of the strap on his chin and neck.

I do not use the bands that are attached to the wall, I use the the flat bands that can never injure you.

Can never injure you?

Anything can injure you if you are determined enough.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2021 at 9:23:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Can never injure you?

Anything can injure you if you are determined enough.

I'd wager he wouldn't snap a common rubber band into his eyeball, much less one of those things stretched out. Sure it probably won't make a direct hit on the eyeball. But better to just wear simple eye protection.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2021 at 12:32:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Erie County Executive REINSTATES indoor mask mandate as of tomorrow. Cases are soaring. As the same as everywhere, death rate amongst those unvaccinated far exceeds the rate amongst the vaccinated. I just can't wear a mask while exercising or playing basketball. Time to put my Y membership on hold again.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:07:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine

I'd wager he wouldn't snap a common rubber band into his eyeball, much less one of those things stretched out. Sure it probably won't make a direct hit on the eyeball. But better to just wear simple eye protection.

These bands are too wide to do much snapping at all. It's definitely not like a rubber band snap if you accidentally let go. Rather than snapping it just more or less collapses in on itself. I'm very leery of of rubber under tension. 25 years ago I was loading at an auction on top of my van and I was using those rubber tie downs that you stretch across the top of the load. I was pulling one tight and it came loose on the other side and hit me in the forehead and almost knocked me out. Ever since then I've been very careful dealing with any rubber that's under tension.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:13:57 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Erie County Executive REINSTATES indoor mask mandate as of tomorrow. Cases are soaring. As the same as everywhere, death rate amongst those unvaccinated far exceeds the rate amongst the vaccinated. I just can't wear a mask while exercising or playing basketball. Time to put my Y membership on hold again.

My gym went maskless for a couple months this summer, then reinstated the mask rule in August when cases started creeping up a bit. Well, I’d assume cases are much worse now than they were in August. What next? Just shutting down the gym again? Annoying.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:26:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Headlines:

RAGE ACROSS EUROPE AS COVID RULES TRIGGER RIOTS

Merkel Says Spike 'Worse Than Anything Seen'...

UPDATE: Covid Death Toll HIGHER Than Last Year...

Who was it here who said a few weeks ago that the covid pandemic had jumped the shark and everything was back to normal. Yeah, I don't think so. Israel is planning for a fourth shot. Vaccines ain't working quite like they planned..
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:35:37 PM permalink
ams288
Who was it here who said a few weeks ago that the covid pandemic had jumped the shark and everything was back to normal.

No one.

No one here said the Covid pandemic had “jumped the shark.” You’re confused.
November 22nd, 2021 at 2:21:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Headlines:

RAGE ACROSS EUROPE AS COVID RULES TRIGGER RIOTS

Merkel Says Spike 'Worse Than Anything Seen'...

UPDATE: Covid Death Toll HIGHER Than Last Year...

Who was it here who said a few weeks ago that the covid pandemic had jumped the shark and everything was back to normal. Yeah, I don't think so. Israel is planning for a fourth shot. Vaccines ain't working quite like they planned..

Biden and other leaders are still not taking it seriously!

We have been warned off and on that sooner or later something that will resist a vax will happen. That we are overdue for this kind of thing. Though we are not near at a "black death" moment. I predict the same people will let it rule their lives and the ones not running for a vax will keep living their lives all until it burns itself out.

Clearly wearing masks is not making any difference, why people keep going back to that I have no idea.
The President is a fink.