No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 7th, 2021 at 3:15:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
I see. Help me out here. This thread is over 500 pages long. Please direct me to the post where you got your context about lack of reporting?

Just a general observation. Like how deaths tolls were reported more regularly last year.
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2021 at 3:43:12 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Just a general observation. Like how deaths tolls were reported more regularly last year.
No. I'm not buying that. I responded to your post after you responded to, and quoted soopoo's post. I took the context from that reply of yours to him, which does not strike me as unreasonable. So now you seem to fabricate a new context from where? A general observation that was made by whom and where?
July 7th, 2021 at 4:12:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
No. I'm not buying that. I responded to your post after you responded to, and quoted soopoo's post. I took the context from that reply of yours to him, which does not strike me as unreasonable. So now you seem to fabricate a new context from where? A general observation that was made by whom and where?

I am not sure what you are asking with your wording. I made a comment to Soopoo after he said new strains were hitting. My comment is that we are not seeing the doom and gloom from the news that we saw last year, not even close. And I asked "why is this" but made the point that I know why.

The genera observation is mine, that the media is not reporting near as negative when Biden is in office as they did when Trump was in office. This is not unique to the china virus. Gasoline is going way up in price, the media is kind of saying, "well, what can you do?" When gas goes up with a GOP POTUS in office we see all kinds of stories of people having to park their Explorers and Silverados because they cannot afford the gas.

The older you get the easier media bias is to see.

In summary, that is what I was saying with my comment. The rest of the confusion I cannot answer to as I am not quite even getting what is being asked. Hopefully the above addresses it.
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2021 at 4:12:21 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
I don't know if a paywall will stop you getting to this... But it fits the topic very well
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/07/gops-very-stubborn-vaccine-skepticism/

"A new Washington Post-ABC News poll this weekend showed 93 percent of Democrats say they’ve either received a vaccine or plan to, while just 49 percent of Republicans say the same. That has played out in the real world, too, as Philip Bump notes, with a strong correlation between how red a state votes and how unvaccinated it is."

[Expletives deleted]
July 7th, 2021 at 4:42:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I don't know if a paywall will stop you getting to this... But it fits the topic very well
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/07/gops-very-stubborn-vaccine-skepticism/

"A new Washington Post-ABC News poll this weekend showed 93 percent of Democrats say they’ve either received a vaccine or plan to, while just 49 percent of Republicans say the same. That has played out in the real world, too, as Philip Bump notes, with a strong correlation between how red a state votes and how unvaccinated it is."

Begs two questions. Why are we even asking about political affiliation when it comes to vaccines is the first one.

But if we are, why the split? I saw this number earlier today somewhere. Most of the 7% of Democrats not getting it appear to be blacks.

I sort of see it this way. Liberals make compliance to government and compliance in general a virtue. For example, besides government in my experience they tend to more like to live in a HOA neighborhood. Besides the vax, they loved wearing the masks. Wore them like some kind of badge of honor. Compliance. Loving the words, "for the common good."

Blacks seem to have more skepticism. I would put part of this to lets call it "street survival." Blacks are more likely to live in a neighborhood where compliance = snitch = bad. Then also blacks are one of the many groups the US Government has screwed over many times. Which is at odds with how they vote for the big government over and over quite blindly. We will have to just let that one be a mystery.

To say it is the GOP causing their voters to not want the vax is inaccurate as the GOP has done their part to push it. They sure have not said to not get it. But people who vote GOP are barely half the rate of Democrat voters. Why?

I have talked to a handful of friends and it is remarkably consistent. Same as I have said here. Risk/reward and a government that has a very bad record of using people as guinea pigs. Of lying about risks. We see the whole half-ass way so much has been done in the name of looking like government is "doing something" but is of little value. And not just with the virus. From fudging global warming data to things like ramming thru auto emissions laws by putting the monitors right above bus stops (yes, they did that in my town!) Pushing low fat for health while ignoring sugar.

We have seen all this and ask ourselves if we really want to trust what these people are saying about the vax. And we say, "I'll wait a year or so and see how it all turns out."

And we do not see blind compliance as a virtue. We see it as making a serf out of yourself.
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2021 at 4:54:12 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
if SHIB goes to $1 I will do that by moving to Puerto Rico and paying no tax on my gains.

That is a 12million percent increase. I wouldn't hold my breath.
July 8th, 2021 at 2:53:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Pacomartin
That is a 12million percent increase. I wouldn't hold my breath.

They burned about 500 trillion coins recently and keep burning more, so maybe it does as DOGE did. Meanwhile there is the long shot that some smaller country just makes it their currency.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2021 at 10:59:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wyoming grocery store
Hardly any masks
Just me and half the staff
Wyoming Dinosaur center
About 1/3 wore masks
I think it's a science thing :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2021 at 2:43:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I saw a map which showed which states had the most vaccinated citizens per capita, and which had the fewest.

No surprise.

The states that went blue for Biden had the most; the red states that went for Trump had the least.

There were a few exceptions but for the most part the vaccine map mirrored the presidential elcection map.
July 8th, 2021 at 2:47:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
I saw a map which showed which states had the most vaccinated citizens per capita, and which had the fewest.

No surprise.

The states that went blue for Biden had the most; the red states that went for Trump had the least.

There were a few exceptions but for the most part the vaccine map mirrored the presidential elcection map.

And?
The President is a fink.